October 20, 2019, 01:52:48 PM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 200903 times)

August 30, 2017, 05:19:51 PM
Reply #15

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
Its funny what happens to strikers when you play them regularly and let them know that they are going to be the main man for the season.

Confidence shoots up, they get a couple of goals and you instantly have a different player on your hands to the one that was sitting on the bench at Chelsea

August 30, 2017, 06:09:26 PM
Reply #16

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
He scored goals at Marseille but he was often on the bench because his all round game isn't good enough. 

He's not rubbish - just not the type of striker we need.

The problem is that apart from DCL (and to some extent Sandro), we don't really have another proper out and out striker on our books. DCL is very young and will need protecting, and Sandro is only just getting used to the PL (and is also young). Add to the fact that strikers are usually prone to an injury or two throughout the season, and I don't think we can be too fussy on the type of striker at this stage of the transfer window. A striker that scores goals has to be our priority, in whatever shape or size that comes in.

September 01, 2017, 04:42:59 AM
Reply #17

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
I can't believe what I just heard from Moshiri. Ross wants to wait until January? What to screw us all over and go to Spurs where you won't play?

He has just lost a year of his career by doing this unless he signs.

Did us out of 35m as well.

Moshiri did then say that he would like us to finish top 6 this season