August 22, 2019, 03:49:02 PM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 196134 times)

August 26, 2017, 06:25:01 PM
Reply #2175

Shogun

Administrator
So these two clubs are looking to spend £30m on a player with 12 months on his contract left purely because he's English then?

A bit far fetched isn't it, they could just buy Ben Mee for £10m.

We are clearly more than capable of moving on without him but he had a good season last season and with more than Lukaku as a target then there's no reason to believe he can't improve on that.

It looks inevitable that he'll leave so we'll wait and see I guess.
I never claimed to be a saint

August 26, 2017, 06:26:24 PM
Reply #2176

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Will he get in their first elevens?

No. He's a squad player at best for them.

We are a lot better without him. No need to be devastated. He needs us a lot more than we need him.

Exactly, he's had plenty of opportunity to shine for us, and rarely does. Always goes missing in the big games, and never looks capable of controlling games.

Rooney has come in and instantly shown what Barkley should have been doing for us. But for whatever reason, he can't do it. Flatters to deceive. Goes in the same bin as Duncan Ferguson for me. We're better without.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 26, 2017, 06:55:35 PM
Reply #2177

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
No chance Spurs are going to go pay anywhere near £30m for him.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 26, 2017, 06:58:35 PM
Reply #2178

Cozzie

£30M would be brilliant. He isn't worth anywhere near that and with one year left on his contract we would be silly to turn that down.

August 26, 2017, 09:01:15 PM
Reply #2179

KoemansNumberTens

£30M would be brilliant. He isn't worth anywhere near that and with one year left on his contract we would be silly to turn that down.

Well we paid 30 for a relegated keeper and 30 for a centre half with 1 year left. Think in this market 30 is about right

August 26, 2017, 09:32:51 PM
Reply #2180

cantoffee

Anyone who thinks his career will end up like Rodwell's hasnt watched them both play.

Barkley is on another planet in comparison to Rodwell and has proven to be at the very least a good premier league player with the potential to be a very good player.

30 million should be the minimum given that fucking Andre Gray went for 20 million with 12 months left. Andre fucking Gray for 20 million.

August 26, 2017, 09:36:56 PM
Reply #2181

Macca77

Managing a football club is like making love to a mermaid, you should always be aiming for a top half finish

August 26, 2017, 10:26:46 PM
Reply #2182

MrWhite

Anyone who thinks his career will end up like Rodwell's hasnt watched them both play.

Barkley is on another planet in comparison to Rodwell and has proven to be at the very least a good premier league player with the potential to be a very good player.

30 million should be the minimum given that fucking Andre Gray went for 20 million with 12 months left. Andre fucking Gray for 20 million.

I'm think people consider the Rodwell comparison as in - went to a 'bigger' team, spend a lot of time on the bench, dropped back down to get game time in the end. You can still think Barkley is capable of being a great player and think he won't succeed elsewhere. A clean start could make him, but it could also easily break him. Be a shame for the lad, but he's got more latitude with the fans and club here than he will elsewhere.

August 27, 2017, 05:31:37 AM
Reply #2183

bacon sarnie

Lob him in the Costa transfer pot, he'd love Chelsea.

August 28, 2017, 03:20:14 AM
Reply #2184

christiffa25

Can't believe anyone is happy about the lad possibly leaving.

He may not be a world class wonderkid people hoped he could be by now but he's a very good player with abilities most others could only dream of.

I'll be gutted if he goes!

August 28, 2017, 04:00:02 AM
Reply #2185

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

He may not be a world class wonderkid people hoped he could be by now but he's a very good player with abilities most others could only dream of.

What can you do though ay
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 28, 2017, 04:02:46 AM
Reply #2186

nsno

I'll just be glad when this is all over. Good player on his day but far too inconsistent to be anything more than a squad player.
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

August 28, 2017, 10:21:43 AM
Reply #2187

Jamokachi

Interesting quote from Koeman, is this the first time he's mentioned Barkley as being part of the squad for this season? Could be just a throw away comment of course:

Koeman added: “If you look to all the squads on the big teams they have so many options and if we get everybody back like Coleman, Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Klaassen, McCarthy, Barkley, you are talking about six or seven first-team players.

August 28, 2017, 01:20:27 PM
Reply #2188

Waltzer

Im not happy if he goes but im not that worried.
I was gutted when Lukaku went as he is world class and is irreplaceable in our current state, remove the sentiment and Barkley is very much replaceable. For me Lukaku was our chance of really cracking the top 4 if he was in our current team, with Barkley i think we'd finish about the same.

August 28, 2017, 02:14:14 PM
Reply #2189

dchans

Think he will stay, get some game time in Europe and the cup before leaving for 12-15m in January

No special insight, just a hunch
Fancy your own online, part time business?  Just PM me for more details...