October 17, 2019, 04:39:36 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 200591 times)

June 23, 2017, 12:38:36 AM
Read 200591 times

bacon sarnie

Davies and those around him will do.

Start Lukaku & Barkley on the bench.

July 03, 2017, 10:29:30 PM
Reply #1

bacon sarnie

I'm probably one of the few that was a little disappointed it appeared that he had signed.

Might be on your Todd about that mate.

July 27, 2017, 12:09:02 AM
Reply #2

bacon sarnie

"...Koeman added, however, that there are no offers on the table for Barkley, who has been strongly linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur, albeit with Spurs balking at Everton’s £50m asking price for a player who is out of contract next summer.

“He had his groin surgery last week and it will take three or four weeks to be back,” Koeman said. “His personal situation is not so difficult. We made a really good offer to him to sign a new contract, he declined that contract and told me that he is looking for a new challenge. OK, he is not in Everton’s future any more. It is his decision. I need to respect that and see what happens. What I heard from the board at the moment is that there is no offer on the table for Ross.”

Koeman clarified that he was aware of Barkley’s intentions “from the end of last season” and when asked if the midfielder would definitely be sold, replied: “Yes.” Guardian

Farewell Evertonian. Good luck with the new challenge/rest of your career.

July 28, 2017, 12:47:41 AM
Reply #3

bacon sarnie

Just as a general aside, it baffles me the different ways people think about players and local lads. Whatever the rights and wrongs of it, Rooney left us at just 18, spent all of his best years up the road, and then has come back to us at 31 and people have instantly forgotten all of that and forgiven all manner of things because he wears Everton pyjamas.

Ross has been with us since he was a young'un, and has actually given a good few years of his career to us (unlike Rooney), without ever slagging the club off or being difficult. At times sections of the fanbase have got on his back in different ways (some of the stuff on social media was particularly brainless and hateful). And now that we learn that he wants to move on (with the fans possibly being part of the reason that he wants to go), and suddenly he's a judas and will never amount to anything.

So maybe a player is better fucking off when they are young, and coming back when they on their last legs to be welcomed and considered a true Evertonian. I'd be amazed if a few people haven't turned on Tom Davies or Kieron Dowell before the season finishes.

Excellent post. Well said that man.

August 16, 2017, 03:14:38 AM
Reply #4

bacon sarnie

Shame he's not a striker.

August 24, 2017, 07:50:50 AM
Reply #5

bacon sarnie

Two of them are in nick one of them is dead and the other is missing presumed dead

Good thing there weren't five of them or we'd never hear the last of it. Specially on Sky.

August 24, 2017, 08:51:48 PM
Reply #6

bacon sarnie

There may of been, I only know of 4....hahhhaa that's all bollocks by the way, the people who supposedly spoke to him did not speak to him, it was a one of those urban myth things that went viral if you like, he was seen speaking to FITOP *gangster and the rumours spread from there.

*FITOP Famous in their own postcode

Ta for clearing that up. The fifth "He's" deffo in Istanbul.

August 27, 2017, 05:31:37 AM
Reply #7

bacon sarnie

Lob him in the Costa transfer pot, he'd love Chelsea.

August 29, 2017, 10:39:29 PM
Reply #8

bacon sarnie

All three destined to be loaned out at some point no doubts. Sterling as bait for Sanchez is a gas as well.

August 30, 2017, 08:25:15 AM
Reply #9

bacon sarnie

Proper shite isnt he, yet the champions want him.

But he doesn't want us.

Fear he's heading down the Stones/Rodwell road but there for the grace of God etc.........

August 30, 2017, 08:59:18 PM
Reply #10

bacon sarnie

Still think this comes down to the Barkley/Koeman relationship rather than anything else. Slim hope that bridges could be mended I suppose.

Maybe, won't know til his book comes out. In meantime his price must be around 40 mil now that Chamberlain has gone to the shite for similar, non?