September 23, 2019, 08:04:09 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 198715 times)

August 28, 2017, 03:34:32 PM
Reply #2190

KoemansNumberTens

Not a massive barkley fan (he's still potential and it's getting a bit late to that) however I'm not convinced any of our new midfield signings are better than him and he's definitely a different type to all of them. Think we'll be a much lesser squad for him going. Think he hasn't been replaced

August 28, 2017, 10:52:18 PM
Reply #2191

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Ox to Chelsea narrows his options, unless Arsene's interested?

August 28, 2017, 10:57:41 PM
Reply #2192

Bluedylan

I'd love us to have a midfielder comfortable at giving and receiving the ball in tight spaces in the opponent's half, like Ross. But we haven't really signed anyone like that. We've just signed a bunch of people with decent stats and 'productivity' apparently.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 28, 2017, 10:58:31 PM
Reply #2193

Lxxx

Wouldn't surprise me to see Arsenal put a bid in for him now. If Sanchez goes to City too they'll be in meltdown.

August 28, 2017, 11:03:09 PM
Reply #2194

Marky Mark and the funky

I'd love us to have a midfielder comfortable at giving and receiving the ball in tight spaces in the opponent's half, then giving the ball away with a poor pass or running into tight spaces and being dispossessed, like Ross. But we haven't really signed anyone like that. We've just signed a bunch of people with decent stats and 'productivity' apparently.

Not disagreeing with the start or the end. Fixed one aspect for you though ;)

August 28, 2017, 11:04:49 PM
Reply #2195

phillyt

Man City will make a late move for barkley. I have a feeling they will throw themselves into the mix. 
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

August 28, 2017, 11:13:57 PM
Reply #2196

everton1952

Come on Ross, stay and  play blinders for us,  and sign a contract and then piss off to Spurs in 2018/19 if you really have to.

August 28, 2017, 11:47:45 PM
Reply #2197

gizzblue

Can't believe anyone is happy about the lad possibly leaving.

He may not be a world class wonderkid people hoped he could be by now but he's a very good player with abilities most others could only dream of.

I'll be gutted if he goes!
Yeah as soon as he refused the contract ......why want someone who doesn't want to be here anymore....would you stay with an only half tidy bird if she loved somebody else ?.
Born not made a blue .

August 28, 2017, 11:48:43 PM
Reply #2198

gizzblue

I'd love us to have a midfielder comfortable at giving and receiving the ball in tight spaces in the opponent's half, like Ross. But we haven't really signed anyone like that. We've just signed a bunch of people with decent stats and 'productivity' apparently.
Klassen has a better first touch and one touch pass ...already.
Born not made a blue .

August 28, 2017, 11:49:31 PM
Reply #2199

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah as soon as he refused the contract ......why want someone who doesn't want to be here anymore....would you stay with an only half tidy bird if she loved somebody else ?.

In the land of the blind the 1 eyed man is king. Half tidy is only an insult if we can and are doing better.

August 28, 2017, 11:52:11 PM
Reply #2200

gizzblue

In the land of the blind the 1 eyed man is king. Half tidy is only an insult if we can and are doing better.
Klassen and Rooney both want to be here so that's a massive plus on half tidy want away already 😅
Born not made a blue .

August 29, 2017, 12:24:23 AM
Reply #2201

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I'm a big Barkley fan but receiving the ball in tight spaces isn't a strength I wouldn't say.

That was part of the issue of having him and Lukaku as the front two was that there was no guarantee from either of them that the ball would stick.

August 29, 2017, 12:25:59 AM
Reply #2202

KoemansNumberTens

Klassen and Rooney both want to be here so that's a massive plus on half tidy want away already 😅

I don't know. I want to play for Everton Lionel Messi doesn't. Unfortunately I think generally speaking wanting to play for us is more about someone's options than an undying love for Everton

August 29, 2017, 12:29:54 AM
Reply #2203

sam of the south

I don't know. I want to play for Everton Lionel Messi doesn't. Unfortunately I think generally speaking wanting to play for us is more about someone's options than an undying love for Everton

Shit, what have you heard about Messi? 😕

Fuck you, Everton 😫
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 29, 2017, 09:02:39 PM
Reply #2204

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely