November 24, 2017, 10:03:35 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 122726 times)

September 01, 2017, 08:37:39 PM
Reply #2640

Marky Mark and the funky

I used to, for quite a while, but too much water has passed under the bridge now.

Not so much water under the bridge as he's pissed on our chips and now we shouldn't be pissing on him to put out the flames burning his career.

deCoubertin

September 01, 2017, 08:38:39 PM
Reply #2641

Lxxx

And is completely unsubstantiated.

To be fair everything is at the minute.

September 01, 2017, 08:39:55 PM
Reply #2642

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair everything is at the minute.

Except the hate many have for Barkley, that seems pretty substantial.  :-\

September 01, 2017, 08:45:53 PM
Reply #2643

Marky Mark and the funky

Except the hate many have for Barkley, that seems pretty substantial.  :-\

My 'hate' can easily be reversed, I am sick of him being a little mouse when all he has to do now is come out and say something like because of his injury he intends to knuckle down and get back in Everton's first team as a first priority then see what happens.

I can't think of a positive reason he doesn't seem to speak or issue any statements at all, feel free to suggest some...

September 01, 2017, 08:54:37 PM
Reply #2644

sam of the south

I can understand not wanting to lump all or any of the blame on him, because Koeman was very heavy-handed with this.

But feeling sorry for Barkley?

Come on, now, it's all getting a bit creepy.

He's run his contract down and refused a pay rise.

At his lifelong, boyhood club.

Said boyhood club then agreed a decent fee for him with the English Champions.

He then changed his mind at the last minute (pretty much)

He will now get rehabbed and handsomely paid by said boyhood club, until his injury is healed.

He will then sign for another club in January for a far reduced fee than the one that was agreed before he snubbed the transfer.

Or he will stay at said boyhood club for a further six months, still pulling a handsome wage, and then leave for absolutely free, and get an enormous signing on fee for him and his agent, and his boyhood club, who coached, nurtured, and looked after him, will get no recompense whatsover.

So yeah, by all means, you don't have to blame him.

But don't feel sorry for him.

He's doing fine out of this.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 01, 2017, 09:24:33 PM
Reply #2645

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I think we would see Ross doing something similar to Henen if had a change if heart about us.

https://twitter.com/HenenDavid/status/903518005488963584
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 01, 2017, 09:27:37 PM
Reply #2646

MmmBlueRamirez

I think we would see Ross doing something similar to Henen if had a change if heart about us.

https://twitter.com/HenenDavid/status/903518005488963584

Or he didn't get any offers from somewhere decent or at the very least warm and sunny.....
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 01, 2017, 09:30:48 PM
Reply #2647

sam of the south

Or he didn't get any offers from somewhere decent or at the very least warm and sunny.....

Haha, yeah he ain't all that, bless him 😆
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 01, 2017, 09:36:58 PM
Reply #2648

Waltzer

Itll be interesting come January as I suspect Ross is going to have some very interesting offers from abroad. The only reason Barca took Deulofeu back was down to the fact they knew they could sell him for for than the 12 million they were buying him for and he'd give the squad depth. Considering teams around Europe have seen we got offered 35 million for a player in the last 12 months of his contract who is injured why wouldnt you try to negotiate and get him for nothing with a potential of getting a good player with a sell on of 35, 40 or 50 million depending on how well he does?
Im not saying he would go but itll be interesting.

September 01, 2017, 09:57:01 PM
Reply #2649

Lxxx

Itll be interesting come January as I suspect Ross is going to have some very interesting offers from abroad. The only reason Barca took Deulofeu back was down to the fact they knew they could sell him for for than the 12 million they were buying him for and he'd give the squad depth. Considering teams around Europe have seen we got offered 35 million for a player in the last 12 months of his contract who is injured why wouldnt you try to negotiate and get him for nothing with a potential of getting a good player with a sell on of 35, 40 or 50 million depending on how well he does?
Im not saying he would go but itll be interesting.

Nah he's all in for Spurs now, unless City or United spy a bargain later in the year to add another English player to their squad.

September 01, 2017, 10:03:31 PM
Reply #2650

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Kinda hoping Spurs implode a little this season between Wembley and their European commitments.

Finishing outside of the top 4, coupled with them not paying big wages I could see them quickly start shedding players.

Probably not going to happen but it'd make an interesting decision for Barkley if they were back in the Europa and the likes of Dele Alli, Alderweireld and Rose started heading for the exit.

As we've seen with Arsenal, perception of a club is huge when it comes to attracting players. If you lose the perception that you're on an upward trajectory players start heading for the door.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:04:49 PM by blueToffee »

September 01, 2017, 10:07:11 PM
Reply #2651

Lxxx

It really wouldn't surprise me to see him end up at one of Manchester clubs. For the money he would cost it's loose change to them lot and his wages will similarly be just another drop in the ocean.

September 01, 2017, 10:10:37 PM
Reply #2652

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
It really wouldn't surprise me to see him end up at one of Manchester clubs. For the money he would cost it's loose change to them lot and his wages will similarly be just another drop in the ocean.

Ye Salford FC or FC Utd of Manchester no doubt.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 01, 2017, 10:21:17 PM
Reply #2653

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
My 'hate' can easily be reversed, I am sick of him being a little mouse when all he has to do now is come out and say something like because of his injury he intends to knuckle down and get back in Everton's first team as a first priority then see what happens.

I can't think of a positive reason he doesn't seem to speak or issue any statements at all, feel free to suggest some...

That's difficult. But it's also part of what makes it difficult for me to reach the same conclusions as many others; It's easy to see a situation where he's being a dick, and it's possible to see other situations (confused, badly advised, living in a bubble of non-reality).  He may be guilty as hell, but to convict him on the current evidence is questionable. The only thing clear about this situation is no-one (quite possibly including Barkley, Koeman and Moshiri) has any idea what is actually happening, the only consistent thing is when something new about it gets reported, it just makes it even more strange. So for now I am once again left with little option other than to jump on a bandwagon (he's a cunt, or the somewhat rarer atm he's a victim) or declare myself undecided until further evidence comes to light.

OK, positive reasons.. (hypothetical of course):
He's a fragile lad mentally. The whole thing with pressure from the home crowd, Koeman being a tough love type, and the contract situation (and subsequent reaction from some fans over it) might have left him confused, and thinking he's got little option but to move. Agent whispers all the while, possibly telling him to keep stum as it makes him look like the one with the power if the club say things that then don't happen. He drifts through the last couple of months, not part of the squad or the games, with Koeman still saying he's off. Agent playing games to make more money all the while. He maybe gets advised to go for the Chelsea thing, maybe to get more power or to make the club show some resistance (he's fragile and needs to feel loved, just like anyone does?) and before he knows it is in London talking to Chelsea (also where his agent is based?) and it's all getting very fucking real, very fucking fast. He finds himself suddenly feeling like all will declare him a cunt, and he'll be under massive pressure to perform with fans who may consider him an overpriced mercenary. He panics, and pulls the plug. His reason for not coming out and saying something? He's scared of getting more abuse, maybe hopeful of sorting something positive to report first (like a new contract?). Maybe the report of a fall out with his agent is true, and he's looking for a new one, and doesn't dare talk to anyone for fear of difficult questions when he has no advisor?

Made up of course. Maybe not really that positive. But impossible? Who knows. I sure as hell don't!

September 01, 2017, 10:23:06 PM
Reply #2654

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber

Would have replied to you in the other thread but it's gone.

Yeah, sure, losing to a main rival is worse, but the level of fume on here shortly after any loss tends to be extreme. Of course there is also the anti-fume when we win two games on the trot, although we've been missing that of late.

Perhaps raised expectations is raising tension.