December 13, 2017, 08:55:06 PM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 125573 times)

September 01, 2017, 10:36:48 PM
Reply #2655

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Apart from the fact that a fee was agreed between the clubs and he talked (directly or via his agent) to Chelsea everything else is speculation.
If he wanted Spurs that much his agent would be sorting that - not going this far down the road to Chelsea.
We'll get dribs and drabs of information over the coming weeks so might understand it more then. In the meantime all we can say is that it all seems a little bizarre.
'What if' there was a reason like stress and being unable to make a sound decision?  Will we be as tolerant and understanding as we are with Lennon or will we crucify him because his 'episode of mental ill-health' was centred on Everton in the full glare of the media?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

deCoubertin

September 01, 2017, 10:46:39 PM
Reply #2656

MmmBlueRamirez

Nah he's all in for Spurs now

Really? Where is the evidence for this? It just seems to be the continuation or evolution of made up tabloid paper stories from the end of last season when he declared he's not signing a new contract. It's just lazy rumours that have been repeated and recycled/rehashed so often they've somehow become fact.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 01, 2017, 10:53:43 PM
Reply #2657

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Apart from the fact that a fee was agreed between the clubs and he talked (directly or via his agent) to Chelsea everything else is speculation.
If he wanted Spurs that much his agent would be sorting that - not going this far down the road to Chelsea.
We'll get dribs and drabs of information over the coming weeks so might understand it more then. In the meantime all we can say is that it all seems a little bizarre.
'What if' there was a reason like stress and being unable to make a sound decision?  Will we be as tolerant and understanding as we are with Lennon or will we crucify him because his 'episode of mental ill-health' was centred on Everton in the full glare of the media?

I guess it would depend on whether it comes out. In the current climate, given what the Blue family is like, and after Lennon, if he were to publicly admit he's been having issues and treatment, he would probably be quickly forgiven and offered support by nearly all. But without that, while some might speculate that is the problem, many will not likely conclude that, particularly with the club officials saying things suggesting otherwise (or at least easily interpreted as suggesting otherwise).

I think the only way out of this mess would be for someone to give a sit down interview about him. Whether that's Barkley, Moshiri, Kenwright or Koeman probably doesn't matter, as long as they were able to talk about him for a bit without the glare of live broadcast quick fire questioning (something like Football Focus interview style maybe?) which might produce clearer qualified opinions from them. But it seems unlikely this will happen, given it remains a 'live' situation. Only Barkley could do it, and if he's got issues then he's probably not going to seek the limelight. It would also assume he was getting handle on them and some help first, I would think, and who knows whether that is the case (assuming it is mental issues in the first place and he isn't just the proverbial cunt!)

Would take some powerful revelations at this point to clear it up though I think, not a two sentence reply in a press conference.

September 01, 2017, 10:54:34 PM
Reply #2658

sirblue57

He will never wear the shirt again. And imo  he should never have the option afterbthebway he has handled this.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

September 01, 2017, 10:55:40 PM
Reply #2659

KoemansNumberTens

Ironic probably that the same people who booed him incessantly are now the ones fucking him off (not directed anymore here in general mind)

When was he boo'd incessantly. I really think this just isn't true. Groaning when he does something fucking ridiculous isn't the same thing
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:01:51 PM by MartinezsLeftTeste »

September 01, 2017, 11:13:03 PM
Reply #2660

formerKHL

People can speculate all they want...
People can make things up all they want...
People can theorise conspiracy theories all they want...
People can hate all they want....

Bottom line is playing football for Everton or whoever is just a JOB to players..it's as cold as that...they can choose to stay or go basically as they please..just like you or me...

The difficulties are quite simply that fans can't comprehend the simple fact it's just a job to them because of the emotional commitment they have to their chosen club...

I personally hope he stays, fights for his place and turns into the player we all know he can be..

Ps in my opinion he was just what we needed 2nd half in the city game.....

September 01, 2017, 11:16:56 PM
Reply #2661

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Ps in my opinion he was just what we needed 2nd half in the city game.....

He can't even walk, so that's irrelevant.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 01, 2017, 11:40:58 PM
Reply #2662

formerKHL

He can't even walk, so that's irrelevant.

I was speaking metaphorically....

September 02, 2017, 12:09:11 AM
Reply #2663

eyesalwaysblue

great post.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 02, 2017, 12:11:58 AM
Reply #2664

SANA_DR0

He will never wear the shirt again. And imo  he should never have the option afterbthebway he has handled this.

fuck you.

ive berated Barkley enough for his shit choices of passing and play.

I think the board know that most Evertonians dont like Barkley anymore, he played decent last year, he played better towards the end of the season, now we have 3 players who can play his [position,. id actually say Barkley is the best long term prospect we have in that position.

but yet they want to make him seem like a douche, Do you think he really drove down to Chelsea? do you think he got the medical done and then changed his mind? do evertonians think he doesnt want to play for his boyhood club?
or just not fuck with the EFC management?

im sorry but Moshiri sounded like he needed meds on skysportsnews.. maybe he took the meds then rang up Jim White.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 02, 2017, 12:19:03 AM
Reply #2665

School of Science

fuck you.

I think the board know that most Evertonians dont like Barkley anymore, he played decent last year, he played better towards the end of the season, now we have 3 players who can play his [position,. id actually say Barkley is the best long term prospect we have in that position.

but yet they want to make him seem like a douche, Do you think he really drove down to Chelsea? do you think he got the medical done and then changed his mind? do evertonians think he doesnt want to play for his boyhood club?

im sorry but Moshiri sounded like he needed meds on skysportsnews.. maybe he took the meds then rang up Jim White.

So it never happened mate, like the moon landing haha okay then sign the contract Rossie lad
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 02, 2017, 12:25:52 AM
Reply #2666

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
fuck you.

Bit harsh there lad. You can strongly disagree with an opinion without being so confrontational.

September 02, 2017, 12:33:42 AM
Reply #2667

eyesalwaysblue

This is a shit episode and gets worse every turn, fuck knows anymore.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 02, 2017, 12:40:15 AM
Reply #2668

SANA_DR0

lol, thats why i dont have mid day naps, i wake up and im not myself..

i didnt mean anything personal to anyone.

i just dont get all the hate on Barkley, especially if he is having issues, also we are just getting one side of the story.. the story from the people who dont want him to stay at Goodison.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 02, 2017, 12:45:07 AM
Reply #2669

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I don't care, if Barkley signs a new contract tomorrow I would be made up