December 12, 2017, 10:20:49 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 125386 times)

September 02, 2017, 02:55:21 AM
Reply #2685

Bluedylan

I'm disappointed in him.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

deCoubertin

September 02, 2017, 03:04:33 AM
Reply #2686

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Does anyone on here really hate him. I think if he intends to leave for nowt or even a massively reduced fee in Jan then we should make his last season difficult for him by not playing him
I don't hate him though. He's just 1 of the 99.9999999% of footballers who ain't loyal. He's good not great. He's potential which he may or may not realise. He's a bit soft. I'd like to see him fail because that's human nature. Hate him though? Christ no. I'd be surprised if anyone on here really did
Why do we expect loyalty from a paid employee?  We have a right to expect hard work and doing ones best but anything more?
Most of us change our jobs in our lifetime ' why shouldn't a footballer? It's just that on average a players career is condensed into just under 10 years.
Another thing is that no matter how hard a player may try if he fails to live up to our expectations (even before he's played sometimes):then we publicly insult them, abuse them and denigrate them. We call them shit and still expect them to kiss the badge and stay loyal.
People need to get real.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 02, 2017, 03:11:15 AM
Reply #2687

BlueBeagle

A players career is just under 10 years?

Try doubling that considering most turn pro at 16 and play to their mid 30s.

September 02, 2017, 03:16:32 AM
Reply #2688

Lxxx

The hate for him isn't rational..

It's not irrational either.

September 02, 2017, 03:16:41 AM
Reply #2689

boothill

i,ve heard some of the shit and vitreol shouted at him from the stands just for making a mistake, and its not very nice, ive nearly come to blows with the arseholes who were shouting it, the problem is, he's heard it too and it has had an effect on him along with getting punches in bars, and probably added together with other things he's up to has decided its time to get away and ply is trade somewhere else, good luck to the lad if thats the case, i would have liked him stay here, but we all move jobs, thats all it is

September 02, 2017, 03:16:47 AM
Reply #2690

Simon Paul

Administrator
Still have to wonder what makes an Evertonian want to leave Everton so badly

September 02, 2017, 03:20:58 AM
Reply #2691

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
You need to take into account all the professional careers that ended early for a variety of reasons and also look beyond the PL.
According to the PFA the average pro career is 8 years
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 02, 2017, 03:21:01 AM
Reply #2692

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

If he wanted to leave that badly though he would have gone to Chelsea

September 02, 2017, 03:25:46 AM
Reply #2693

Lxxx

From the outside looking in he looks a little disillusioned with football and not enjoying it, from his body language last season. Probably knows his boss doesn't really rate him, neither do a decent section of supporters and he feels stuck, as he'd probably love nothing better than to stay but everything just doesn't sit right at the minute.

I know it's a common theme to think millionaires don't suffer from stress but he probably doesn't know what to do for the best and the indecision isn't helping him nor anyone in this situation. Not everyone is strong mentally and I genuinely think he's a little weak in that area.

That being said I don't think a move to Chelsea would have been the horror story some people are making out. I think it could have been a decent move and the fact they're not crawling with selfie-loving English lads might have focused his mind back on his football.

Anyway, I wish him well but as a blue first and foremost I would have loved the 35m in the bank to put towards a top striker so I'm a little disappointed in the whole situation really.

September 02, 2017, 03:28:32 AM
Reply #2694

BlueBeagle

i,ve heard some of the shit and vitreol shouted at him from the stands just for making a mistake, and its not very nice, ive nearly come to blows with the arseholes who were shouting it, the problem is, he's heard it too and it has had an effect on him along with getting punches in bars, and probably added together with other things he's up to has decided its time to get away and ply is trade somewhere else, good luck to the lad if thats the case, i would have liked him stay here, but we all move jobs, thats all it is

You tend to get banged out wherever you live if you're harassing a lads Mrs before slapping him in the face. Lucky the lad only gave him the 1 dig tbh.

September 02, 2017, 03:28:44 AM
Reply #2695

sam of the south

If he wanted to leave that badly though he would have gone to Chelsea

He's either set his sights exclusively on Spurs, and/or he wants to make more money from an inflated signing-on fee due to a reduced transfer fee, or both Chelsea and/or Spurs have told him to sit tight, rehab at Everton, then we'll nab you and give you more cash in January or July.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 02, 2017, 03:32:09 AM
Reply #2696

boothill

You tend to get banged out wherever you live if you're harassing a lads Mrs before slapping him in the face. Lucky the lad only gave him the 1 dig tbh.
thats why i put ''other things he' up to''

September 02, 2017, 03:42:42 AM
Reply #2697

blue slug

We'd all want to play and stay at Everton as fans and I think Barkley deep down would rather stay, think it's certain circumstances that have influenced his decision to leave

September 02, 2017, 03:49:33 AM
Reply #2698

sam of the south

We'd all want to play and stay at Everton as fans and I think Barkley deep down would rather stay, think it's certain circumstances that have influenced his decision to leave

Yes, I think Koeman is the crux of it.

No need to run down your contract like a fanny though is there, especially as a lifelong blue (yes, that does count for something)
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 02, 2017, 04:06:38 AM
Reply #2699

KoemansNumberTens

Why do we expect loyalty from a paid employee?  We have a right to expect hard work and doing ones best but anything more?
Most of us change our jobs in our lifetime ' why shouldn't a footballer? It's just that on average a players career is condensed into just under 10 years.
Another thing is that no matter how hard a player may try if he fails to live up to our expectations (even before he's played sometimes):then we publicly insult them, abuse them and denigrate them. We call them shit and still expect them to kiss the badge and stay loyal.
People need to get real.

Well I obviously don't if 99.9999999% aren't loyal it would be ridiculous for me to expect it of any of them individually