December 12, 2018, 06:17:42 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 177367 times)

September 02, 2017, 08:13:54 PM
Reply #15

Gash

Global Moderator
Also, isn't he pretty much indefensible now?

Much like on the pitch I think there will always be people who'll try and blame someone else for his short comings, even now people are still trying to throw in the Moshiri interview as a way of deflecting things. It's pretty difficult to stand by him now and it's gone way beyond the point of no return in terms of him staying.

I got it way wrong, until recently I was sure he had all he wanted, playing for Everton, earning a fortune in the process and the club heading in a direction that meant he'd hopefully win some trophies in the process. How wrong can you be.

September 02, 2017, 08:41:06 PM
Reply #16

Gash

Global Moderator
he was doing what the club have history for, which is getting their version of events out first to make the player look bad

I reckon he was told Spurs would bid for him, so he went to London for a few days as he's injured, he's not doing anything else, and wanted to be available.  Then Chelsea came in for him and his agent probably told him to go along and see what they had to say out of politeness - and as he's there anyway...

He was polite, said no thanks - for now - and left

Then "someone" leaks it to the media that he walked out mid-medical, and Farhad goes on TV and repeats that story - for whatever reason....maybe it was Everton who put out the "mid medical walkout" story?

This is the first we've heard from "Barkley's side" about anything to do with a transfer.

He's leaving the club he supports, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong for that to even cross your mind hasn't it?

Yup, like I said, it's never Ross's fault. ;)