October 19, 2017, 02:24:09 PM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 114305 times)

September 02, 2017, 07:52:52 PM
Reply #2745

Marky Mark and the funky

So now that he has confirmed he intends to twiddle his thumbs until January, perhaps the club should refuse to let him near the first-team in the interim? Look to re-integrate him if he is still here after the January window/has signed a new contract.

Pinching this from my father, would we be happy to give him a contract extension with a 35m release clause to ensure we at least get that much?

deCoubertin

September 02, 2017, 08:02:53 PM
Reply #2746

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Also, isn't he pretty much indefensible now?

September 02, 2017, 08:13:54 PM
Reply #2747

Gash

Global Moderator

Much like on the pitch I think there will always be people who'll try and blame someone else for his short comings, even now people are still trying to throw in the Moshiri interview as a way of deflecting things. It's pretty difficult to stand by him now and it's gone way beyond the point of no return in terms of him staying.

I got it way wrong, until recently I was sure he had all he wanted, playing for Everton, earning a fortune in the process and the club heading in a direction that meant he'd hopefully win some trophies in the process. How wrong can you be.

September 02, 2017, 08:23:53 PM
Reply #2748

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Have to remember he only signed a 4 year deal back in 2014.

Can't think we didn't offer a 5 year one at the time.

September 02, 2017, 08:33:21 PM
Reply #2749

Lxxx

Have to remember he only signed a 4 year deal back in 2014.

Can't think we didn't offer a 5 year one at the time.

If he was hedging his bets back then we should have hedged ours accordingly and informed him in 2016 he wouldn't be allowed to enter the final two years of his contract here, Extend or be sold, new manager or not.

September 02, 2017, 08:33:22 PM
Reply #2750

Simon Paul

Administrator
I don't agree with Moshiri doing these interviews but I'm guessing he was acting and commenting on the information he had at the time, as far as he was aware everything was agreed and he was in London for a medical and changed his mind. The 'mid medical walkout' sensationalises the story but in reality whether he walked out before, during or after is fairly irrelevant, Barkley has still made a cunt of both us and Chelsea.

he was doing what the club have history for, which is getting their version of events out first to make the player look bad

I reckon he was told Spurs would bid for him, so he went to London for a few days as he's injured, he's not doing anything else, and wanted to be available.  Then Chelsea came in for him and his agent probably told him to go along and see what they had to say out of politeness - and as he's there anyway...

He was polite, said no thanks - for now - and left

Then "someone" leaks it to the media that he walked out mid-medical, and Farhad goes on TV and repeats that story - for whatever reason....maybe it was Everton who put out the "mid medical walkout" story?

This is the first we've heard from "Barkley's side" about anything to do with a transfer.

He's leaving the club he supports, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong for that to even cross your mind hasn't it?

September 02, 2017, 08:34:03 PM
Reply #2751

Simon Paul

Administrator
If he was hedging his bets back then we should have hedged ours accordingly and informed him in 2016 he wouldn't be allowed to enter the final two years of his contract here, extend or be sold, new manager or not.

same as what Southampton did with Koeman when he wouldn't sign a new deal with a year to go then?

reckon Everton will do the same?

September 02, 2017, 08:35:09 PM
Reply #2752

BlueBeagle

Joking aren't you, I'm personally looking forward to seeing what they can dream up next

September 02, 2017, 08:37:28 PM
Reply #2753

Lxxx

same as what Southampton did with Koeman when he wouldn't sign a new deal with a year to go then?

reckon Everton will do the same?

Southampton seem like a very well run club, emotionless in discussions but very professional. I always think we err too much on the emotion side and it leaves us wide open. Some might say this comes from Kenwright, I just think we need to be run more professionally.

September 02, 2017, 08:41:06 PM
Reply #2754

Gash

Global Moderator
he was doing what the club have history for, which is getting their version of events out first to make the player look bad

I reckon he was told Spurs would bid for him, so he went to London for a few days as he's injured, he's not doing anything else, and wanted to be available.  Then Chelsea came in for him and his agent probably told him to go along and see what they had to say out of politeness - and as he's there anyway...

He was polite, said no thanks - for now - and left

Then "someone" leaks it to the media that he walked out mid-medical, and Farhad goes on TV and repeats that story - for whatever reason....maybe it was Everton who put out the "mid medical walkout" story?

This is the first we've heard from "Barkley's side" about anything to do with a transfer.

He's leaving the club he supports, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong for that to even cross your mind hasn't it?

Yup, like I said, it's never Ross's fault. ;)

September 02, 2017, 08:42:03 PM
Reply #2755

Simon Paul

Administrator
Southampton seem like a very well run club, emotionless in discussions but very professional. I always think we err too much on the emotion side and it leaves us wide open. Some might say this comes from Kenwright, I just think we need to be run more professionally.

I agree

Nobody should go into the last year of their contract at any football club unless they are retiring.

Wonder whose choice it was to agree to letting Barkley undergo surgery whilst still an Everton player too though? In the middle of a transfer window?  After he's said he wants to leave?  Whoever signed off on that one needs a word in their ear as well!

Koeman won't sign a new deal here.  It's been ten years since he won a trophy and if he wins one with us this season it'll be massively lucky given our lack of a striker, so he'll leave on a high.  If he doesn't, then he'll leave to try somewhere else.

We need to make sure he goes somewhere while we get compo for him leaving so we can attract our next manager, whoever that might be

September 02, 2017, 08:44:53 PM
Reply #2756

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
How boring.
I have to return some videotapes.

September 02, 2017, 08:48:13 PM
Reply #2757

Lxxx

I agree

Nobody should go into the last year of their contract at any football club unless they are retiring.

Wonder whose choice it was to agree to letting Barkley undergo surgery whilst still an Everton player too though? In the middle of a transfer window?  After he's said he wants to leave?  Whoever signed off on that one needs a word in their ear as well!

Koeman won't sign a new deal here.  It's been ten years since he won a trophy and if he wins one with us this season it'll be massively lucky given our lack of a striker, so he'll leave on a high.  If he doesn't, then he'll leave to try somewhere else.

We need to make sure he goes somewhere while we get compo for him leaving so we can attract our next manager, whoever that might be

This is what I fear. Southampton quite rightly treated the legend that is Koeman as a temporary employee and wouldn't let him dictate his own terms.

I have a horrible feeling Moshiri feels we're lucky to have him and allows him too much respect and influence.

September 02, 2017, 08:49:54 PM
Reply #2758

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Moshiri wouldn't think twice about binning him off.

September 02, 2017, 08:56:40 PM
Reply #2759

Lxxx

Moshiri wouldn't think twice about binning him off.

I hope not. I also hope he won't let Koeman do like he wanted to do at Southampton either and enter his final year of his contract next summer. Especially with how we've fucked up the Barkley situation.