October 22, 2019, 06:00:48 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 201045 times)

September 03, 2017, 12:11:22 AM
Reply #2790

School of Science

Yes, I would be all for making him come out and say something personal! There was a small mistake in what I said, it should have been forgiven but not forgotten.

To be fair everyone has a right to their opinion, as blues we can all appreciate this, but for me it's the cold hearted way he's gone about the whole affair that does it for me. I think twice he seems to have spoke up about this, the first time to explain to the buying clubs, that he wasn't asking for x amount of money and to explain he hasn't been through a medical. Not once has he put his point of view over or gave some form of explanation to the fans who supported him and help pay his wages.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 03, 2017, 12:16:13 AM
Reply #2791

Marky Mark and the funky

September 03, 2017, 12:19:08 AM
Reply #2792

BlueBeagle

Fucking hell, not seen that Cahill thing in YEARS!

School flashback there.

September 03, 2017, 12:20:22 AM
Reply #2793

School of Science

Reckon Spurs have been proper snakes in all of this too.

Yes definitely Spurs mantra all over, listen if they wanted Barkley so badly they'd have paid the money right away, injury or no injury. They are just playing the game the cunts, Levy is a master at it, actually would have preferred him to go to Chelsea to fuck him up.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 03, 2017, 12:25:03 AM
Reply #2794

Ross

It was reported that he was to be offered a new deal in September last year.

Where'd you get this from?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 03, 2017, 12:29:23 AM
Reply #2795

Marky Mark and the funky

Fucking hell, not seen that Cahill thing in YEARS!

School flashback there.

There is only 6 months age difference between Wooney and I, we'd have been in the same year group at school. Gutted when he left, I can't recall the emotions now (thankfully) :-\

p.s. Most upset I've ever been about a football match would have been the Euro 2004 match England were on to win then at the time OUR precocious Wayne got injured. (Bear in mind we were always underdogs in '09, even the losing semi-final to the shite under Moyes was a typical case of bottling it for his teams so I was not so disillusioned by these!)

September 03, 2017, 12:30:43 AM
Reply #2796

Realist

September 03, 2017, 12:31:13 AM
Reply #2797

Evertonian in NC

Reckon Spurs have been proper snakes in all of this too.

The alternate explanation (that's remotely, logically plausible) to me is that Ross isn't quite right in the head, and easily led around by the nose.  In this case, by Spurs and his agent.

Neither is a good look.  Could be a combination of the two.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 03, 2017, 12:32:50 AM
Reply #2798

Marky Mark and the funky

Why would I?

It was a joke because he offered a 'like' for the answer ::)

September 03, 2017, 12:36:32 AM
Reply #2799

Thornton_19

Question please for some of the more aggressively 'don't let him don the shirt again' posters like @Thornton_19 and @School of Science.

I notice neither of you have added the disclaimer you would forgive him were he to sign a new deal with us? I'm thinking the same way about not being in the team with the present state of affairs but I also would reverse that in an instant if he signed a new contract with us...

Actually, I'll go further. I am fickle enough all would quickly be forgiven but not forgotten, too.
He won't be offered one so it's a moot point.
I'm of the mindset that no matter who you are the club is bigger and more important than the individual.
He refused a very good contract and by all accounts turned down a move elsewhere. We have done all we can as a club as far as I'm concerned. He doesn't want to be here, treat him as such.

I stopped caring about him when he didn't put pen to paper. I don't see why the club should care about finding him a new club.

September 03, 2017, 12:42:18 AM
Reply #2800

Simon Paul

Administrator
How do we all know what this contract was back in September by the way?  Who leaked it?

September 03, 2017, 12:53:21 AM
Reply #2801

velimski

p.s. Most upset I've ever been about a football match would have been the Euro 2004 match England were on to win then at the time OUR precocious Wayne got injured.

Quarter final against Portugal. Remember it well.

Rui Costa's missed penalty hit me flush in the face.

September 03, 2017, 12:55:17 AM
Reply #2802

BlueBeagle

September 03, 2017, 12:56:53 AM
Reply #2803

Bluedylan

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 03, 2017, 12:57:44 AM
Reply #2804

BlueBeagle