October 24, 2017, 05:46:19 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 115608 times)

September 03, 2017, 12:59:08 AM
Reply #2805

Marky Mark and the funky

Quarter final against Portugal. Remember it well.

Rui Costa's missed penalty hit me flush in the face.

We had some Belgian lass around who was a colleague/family friend. She could not understand why I had to leave the room when the reality was setting in, I went outdoors to get some fresh air and half-heartedly kick some walls. To quote everybody's favourite poster it was a false dawn and stark realisation :(

Extra: The only subject I failed at school was DT, the exam was when we were playing Brazil and lost to the freaky goalkeeping!

deCoubertin

September 03, 2017, 01:09:08 AM
Reply #2806

Simon Paul

Administrator
And?

something changed between April 2016 and September 2016 at Everton

can't quite remember what it was, but I do recall thinking it might have some impact on any contract offers and stuff

September 03, 2017, 01:12:37 AM
Reply #2807

Marky Mark and the funky

can't quite remember what it was, but I do recall thinking it might have some impact on any contract offers and stuff

We got rid of Tim Howard. Instantly a more attractive proposition to sign for us.

September 03, 2017, 01:13:58 AM
Reply #2808

BlueBeagle

Koeman has said many times that he's not involved in contract negotiations

September 03, 2017, 01:14:13 AM
Reply #2809

Simon Paul

Administrator
We got rid of Tim Howard. Instantly a more attractive proposition to sign for us.

close...

something about brown shoes?

September 03, 2017, 01:14:48 AM
Reply #2810

Simon Paul

Administrator

good job really or he'd have looked a right bellend out on the lash in Portugal on deadline day wouldn't he?

September 03, 2017, 01:17:10 AM
Reply #2811

Marky Mark and the funky

close...

Gee this is a real headscratcher...

September 03, 2017, 01:18:50 AM
Reply #2812

Ross

Yet he also said he spoke to Barkley about his contract when they were in Dubai and he gave him a couple of very public ultimatums during his running commentary on the situation last season.

All peculiar behaviour coming from somebody who's got "nothing to do with contracts", but okay.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 03, 2017, 01:21:24 AM
Reply #2813

BlueBeagle

Yet he also said he spoke to Barkley about his contract when they were in Dubai and he gave him a couple of very public ultimatums during his running commentary on the situation last season.

All peculiar behaviour coming from somebody who's got "nothing to do with contracts", but okay.

So you don't think it's in his interest as manager of the team to want a resolution despite not being involved in the nitty gritty of contractual wranglings?

September 03, 2017, 01:23:09 AM
Reply #2814

Marky Mark and the funky

close...

Lukaku's brown boots? I don't see how that affects contract negotiations :blush:

September 03, 2017, 01:29:35 AM
Reply #2815

Ross

So you don't think it's in his interest as manager of the team to want a resolution despite not being involved in the nitty gritty of contractual wranglings?

Are you now saying he is or isn't involved in these things?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 03, 2017, 01:32:39 AM
Reply #2816

BlueBeagle

Are you now saying he is or isn't involved in these things?

According to him he's not.

But you must be pretty dense to not understand that the outcome of said talks directly affect the team, even if he is not involved in them.

September 03, 2017, 01:35:07 AM
Reply #2817

Ross

According to him he's not.

But you must be pretty dense to not understand that the outcome of said talks directly affect the team, even if he is not involved in them.

So he is involved or not?

September 03, 2017, 01:38:18 AM
Reply #2818

Marky Mark and the funky

Actual fact: Koeman does not sit down with players and negotiate contracts. That does not mean he cannot comment that he wants a player's contract situation resolved, even though it's still a third party that has to do it on his behalf.

You pair are arguing over nothing :-* (by both being a bit evasive, you could almost call it flirtatious)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:39:32 AM by Marky Mark and the funky »

September 03, 2017, 01:42:17 AM
Reply #2819

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
People should stop the desperate attempts to blame the club for this.

Blame comes from both ends but when a player turns down a new deal then makes it clear he wants to move, there's not much more the club can do.

Nobody in the football world actually rates him that much which is why he's in such a situation.