December 13, 2017, 05:36:04 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 125481 times)

September 04, 2017, 03:41:57 AM
Reply #2850

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Tom Davies looks like an Albino Jon Snow in that pic. Love him
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

deCoubertin

September 04, 2017, 07:16:28 AM
Reply #2851

Jamokachi

There's a lot of viciousness in this thread. Some of you need to have a word with yourselves.

September 04, 2017, 07:52:13 AM
Reply #2852

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
There's a lot of viciousness in this thread. Some of you need to have a word with yourselves.

https://www.thebestbrainpossible.com/is-your-amygdala-hijacking-your-life/

Past emotional learning - Barkley will let me down and betray my hopes and feelings of brotherly love
Stimulus - mention of Barkley
Amygdala response - make repeated and extensive use of expressions including the word 'cunt'

September 04, 2017, 02:57:02 PM
Reply #2853

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Can someone break down for me why Barkley is now unanimously deemed a cunt on here?

The club wants him out, tried to force a move to a club he doesn't want to go to, and he turned it down.

OK that's just my interpretation of events but is it any less likely than anyone else's?

September 04, 2017, 03:18:02 PM
Reply #2854

Waltzer

Can someone break down for me why Barkley is now unanimously deemed a cunt on here?

The club wants him out, tried to force a move to a club he doesn't want to go to, and he turned it down.

OK that's just my interpretation of events but is it any less likely than anyone else's?

The club wants him out? Is that why they offered him a lucrative deal on loads more than hes currently on? I wish my place of work wanted me out that bad.......

September 04, 2017, 03:18:09 PM
Reply #2855

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Doesn't look like the club did want him out though.

They offered him a contract to stay. He told them in May that he wanted to leave. That's the only concrete information we know. We accepted an offer from Chelsea because Ross said he wanted to leave.
He agreed personal terms with another club, we didn't force him to.

Once a player asks to leave (especially a home grown one) then they usually get a cunt status. It's quite similar to the Dan Gosling situation but a bit more hurtful, as Barkley is apparently an Evertonian.

The change of mind at the 11th hour probably pissed a few people off as it looked like it would finally be the end of this saga.

It's not really a surprise thay fans would be a bit pissed off that a player with potential, who never put a shift in for us or attempted to realise that potential, runs his contract down and fucks off to a 'bigger' club.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 04, 2017, 03:22:26 PM
Reply #2856

Waltzer

If this is true then I dont blame him, but this should've been an indication that sometimes the grass isnt always greener....

Ross Barkley snubbed a switch to Chelsea after Antonio Conte turned his phone off on deadline day and failed to speak to the Everton midfielder.

That is the remarkable claim from Joey Barton, who is co-hosting Monday's Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast.

Barkley had seemed all set to join the Premier League champions after they had a £35m bid accepted by Everton on Thursday and he reportedly travelled to London for talks.

But he opted against the move - leaving Chelsea stunned - and Barton has now revealed the reasoning behind the 23-year-old's decision.

He said: "I heard a really interesting thing about what happened with the Ross Barkley transfer. Conte turned his phone off and Barkley's representatives were trying to contact him.

"He wanted to say 'look, where am I going to play', and Conte turned his phone off. That is why Barley got cold feet and never signed.

"He thought, 'well, if the manager isn't answering the phone to me he clearly doesn’t want me', and that is why he went back to Everton."

September 04, 2017, 03:25:01 PM
Reply #2857

Lxxx

Wow.

September 04, 2017, 03:29:48 PM
Reply #2858

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
The club wants him out? Is that why they offered him a lucrative deal on loads more than hes currently on? I wish my place of work wanted me out that bad.......

We don't know the terms. And with Ross I doubt it was about the money anyway. More about game time and development, and Koeman has replaced Ross three times over this summer. I think he got the hint.

Same reason he probably turned down Chelsea - he's not getting a game.

Look I'm not saying 'it's the clubs fault' or even trying to assign blame, but this automatic denunciation of Ross as the pantomime villain seems to ignore some uncomfortable truths and frankly be a bit immature, you should all know things are rarely that black and white.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 03:31:06 PM by Ell Capitan »

September 04, 2017, 03:35:35 PM
Reply #2859

sam of the south

If this is true then I dont blame him, but this should've been an indication that sometimes the grass isnt always greener....

Ross Barkley snubbed a switch to Chelsea after Antonio Conte turned his phone off on deadline day and failed to speak to the Everton midfielder.

That is the remarkable claim from Joey Barton, who is co-hosting Monday's Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast.

Barkley had seemed all set to join the Premier League champions after they had a £35m bid accepted by Everton on Thursday and he reportedly travelled to London for talks.

But he opted against the move - leaving Chelsea stunned - and Barton has now revealed the reasoning behind the 23-year-old's decision.

He said: "I heard a really interesting thing about what happened with the Ross Barkley transfer. Conte turned his phone off and Barkley's representatives were trying to contact him.

"He wanted to say 'look, where am I going to play', and Conte turned his phone off. That is why Barley got cold feet and never signed.

"He thought, 'well, if the manager isn't answering the phone to me he clearly doesn’t want me', and that is why he went back to Everton."

I find it hard to believe that they hadn't had previous conversations, or at the very least through Barkley's agent.

You wouldn't agree a £35m fee and presumably lucrative personal terms with a player without having a few 'football conversations' with them first, surely 🤔
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 04, 2017, 03:39:40 PM
Reply #2860

Lxxx

I find it hard to believe that they hadn't had previous conversations, or at the very least through Barkley's agent.

You wouldn't agree a £35m fee and presumably lucrative personal terms with a player without having a few 'football conversations' with them first, surely 🤔

I imagine all the financials would be agreed by the higher ups to be fair.

I'm not saying I believe Barton's story but I reckon the football side of things would be the final discussion. He would be joining the champions so it's a good move in principle if the financials stack up.

September 04, 2017, 03:40:10 PM
Reply #2861

Waltzer

We don't know the terms. And with Ross I doubt it was about the money anyway. More about game time and development, and Koeman has replaced Ross three times over this summer. I think he got the hint.

Same reason he probably turned down Chelsea - he's not getting a game.

Look I'm not saying 'it's the clubs fault' or even trying to assign blame, but this automatic denunciation of Ross as the pantomime villain seems to ignore some uncomfortable truths and frankly be a bit immature, you should all know things are rarely that black and white.

It is Ross' fault the club only replaced him 3 times over the summer because he didnt commit. Koeman said that numerous times before they were signed yet he made his choice, our preference was for him to sign but we needed extra options too which everyone would agree with given we lost Lukaku.
Barkley is a baby that doesnt like being criticised and all of this is his doing.

September 04, 2017, 03:52:02 PM
Reply #2862

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I'm not saying I believe Barton's story but I reckon the football side of things would be the final discussion. He would be joining the champions so it's a good move in principle if the financials stack up.

Would tie in with the theory that Chelsea's hierarchy were providing players that Conte doesn't really want.

Same way as Chamberlain turned them down after talking to them, I'm guessing Conte was less than enthusiastic in terms of trying to persuade him to sign.

September 04, 2017, 03:55:03 PM
Reply #2863

sam of the south

I just find it hard to believe that there hasn't been some previous conversations about on field desires and requirements with both Spurs and Chelsea.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 04, 2017, 04:13:50 PM
Reply #2864

Lxxx

Would tie in with the theory that Chelsea's hierarchy were providing players that Conte doesn't really want.

Same way as Chamberlain turned them down after talking to them, I'm guessing Conte was less than enthusiastic in terms of trying to persuade him to sign.

I agree and in that regard I do have a certain degree of sympathy with Barkley. Not necessarily overall but the way the end of the window transpired.