October 20, 2017, 04:01:32 PM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 114549 times)

September 04, 2017, 04:31:11 PM
Reply #2865

BlueMaquis

Tom Davies looks like an Albino Jon Snow in that pic. Love him

Darn TV shows ripping off our players, when will it end?

deCoubertin

September 04, 2017, 04:59:38 PM
Reply #2866

gizzblue

There's a lot of viciousness in this thread. Some of you need to have a word with yourselves.
Not viciousness really just a bit of sticks and stones ....but why do you feel the need to protect him ???....is it because he's such a delicate soul .

Bless his cottons 😅😅😅

September 04, 2017, 05:12:02 PM
Reply #2867

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Barkley is essentially doing what I did with Vodafone with my contract

Although having let my 2 year deal run down I have extended year by year on a sim only plan

Been with them since 2006 now, well over due a testimonial

Seriously though I don't like to see the level of abuse Barkley is getting. The club knows the situation with Bosman deals, they should have forced the sale earlier if they feared losing him for nothing

Opinion is divided on Barkley, he seems to be either loved or hated. He's entitled to do what he wants with his football career and he shouldn't have to explain his decisions to anyone if he doesn't want to
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 04, 2017, 05:20:49 PM
Reply #2868

gizzblue

Barkley is essentially doing what I did with Vodafone with my contract

Although having let my 2 year deal run down I have extended year by year on a sim only plan

Been with them since 2006 now, well over due a testimonial

Seriously though I don't like to see the level of abuse Barkley is getting. The club knows the situation with Bosman deals, they should have forced the sale earlier if they feared losing him for nothing

Opinion is divided on Barkley, he seems to be either loved or hated. He's entitled to do what he wants with his football career and he shouldn't have to explain his decisions to anyone if he doesn't want to
Perchance he should have thought long and hard before having a pop at a badge kissing 'once a blue' Rooney, oh the hypocrisy .....before treating his alleged beloved blues  worse than a lad who went on to win it all, while his transfer fee kept us afloat in the dark days of moyes.

September 04, 2017, 06:10:46 PM
Reply #2869

formerKHL

I dont know whether this has already been said as i'm not reading back through the whole of this thread...

But reading the vitriol aimed at barkley in some of the posts leads me to think that most people seem to have forgotten the fact that barkley was just a lad doing his job......his manager didn't like the way he was doing it.. what we don't have privy to is the conversations between the two that led the manager to substitute him.....drop him....leave him out of squads....manager prerogative...

this obviously led barkley to believe/decide his future is elsewhere as he's obviously both unhappy in his job and not appreciated/wanted by his manager....Also don't forget he never handed in a transfer request....and in my opinion his silence has been professional in itself....

the club offeres him a lucrative contract which he duly turned down...his prerogative...the club/manager then gave him a deadline to sign or "he would be sold".......Ultimatums are "hidden threats with underlying meanings".....which again he duly didn't sign for obvious reasons....

Those quite simply are the facts as we know them..

My questions are.... if you were unhappy in your job.....under those circumstances.....What would you do?

How many of you have planned to change/changed your jobs without telling anyone until you give your notice in...?

Why all the vitriol because a lad wants to change his job....?

September 04, 2017, 06:27:40 PM
Reply #2870

Bluedylan

As people know, I've been a big supporter and defender of Ross but even I can't turn a blind eye to this. He clearly wants to go to Spurs and was hoping for Levy to meet the asking price last minute. He'll either go there for say £15m in January or even worse sign a pre-contract agreement to go there next summer on a free.

I still think the club, and Koeman specifically, have handled the entire thing terribly but Ross has treated us shoddily in return, leaving us with little or no fee for 10 years worth of development and investment in him. If the scenario above does play out, I'll have no qualms if Goodison boos and abuses the fuck out of him, upon his return, and Mo Besic can happily fly in on him, studs up, with my blessing.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 04, 2017, 06:28:55 PM
Reply #2871

Lxxx

I dont know whether this has already been said as i'm not reading back through the whole of this thread...

But reading the vitriol aimed at barkley in some of the posts leads me to think that most people seem to have forgotten the fact that barkley was just a lad doing his job......his manager didn't like the way he was doing it.. what we don't have privy to is the conversations between the two that led the manager to substitute him.....drop him....leave him out of squads....manager prerogative...

this obviously led barkley to believe/decide his future is elsewhere as he's obviously both unhappy in his job and not appreciated/wanted by his manager....Also don't forget he never handed in a transfer request....and in my opinion his silence has been professional in itself....

the club offeres him a lucrative contract which he duly turned down...his prerogative...the club/manager then gave him a deadline to sign or "he would be sold".......Ultimatums are "hidden threats with underlying meanings".....which again he duly didn't sign for obvious reasons....

Those quite simply are the facts as we know them..

My questions are.... if you were unhappy in your job.....under those circumstances.....What would you do?

How many of you have planned to change/changed your jobs without telling anyone until you give your notice in...?

Why all the vitriol because a lad wants to change his job....?

It's not really vitriol, more disappointment in the whole scenario really, which sometimes manifests itself in frustration flip flopping from Barkley to Koeman to Everton to Spurs to Chelsea to his agent.... Every stakeholder in this comes out of it badly and the fans are the only neutral constant just wanting a resolution which works best for their club.

It's just a crap situation all round.

September 04, 2017, 06:32:20 PM
Reply #2872

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
As people know, I've been a big supporter and defender of Ross but even I can't turn a blind eye to this. He clearly wants to go to Spurs and was hoping for Levy to meet the asking price last minute. He'll either go there for say £15m in January or even worse sign a pre-contract agreement to go there next summer on a free.

I still think the club, and Koeman specifically, have handled the entire thing terribly but Ross has treated us shoddily in return, leaving us with little or no fee for 10 years worth of development and investment in him. If the scenario above does play out, I'll have no qualms if Goodison boos and abuses the fuck out of him, upon his return, and Mo Besic can happily fly in on him, studs up, with my blessing.

So he should've gone to Chelsea? Put his career at risk (in his opinion) to ensure Everton get a decent wedge?

What should he have done differently?

EDIT: I'll add I've no strong opinions on the subject and am willing to be persuaded, hence the questions. Perhaps I haven't been following it as closely as others but to me the vitriol towards him seems extreme.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 06:33:24 PM by Ell Capitan »

September 04, 2017, 06:36:26 PM
Reply #2873

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
And when you put it like that BD, it makes me think the party we've really been fucked over by here is Spurs, probably leading Ross on and ending in this situation where they'll get him for less in a few months.

And for that we only have ourselves to blame, through letting ourselves be put in that position, for example, through awful handling of the situation by Koeman making it clear he had no future at the club, which always left us in a terrible spot negotiation-wise.

September 04, 2017, 06:43:24 PM
Reply #2874

Bluedylan

So he should've gone to Chelsea? Put his career at risk (in his opinion) to ensure Everton get a decent wedge?

What should he have done differently?

EDIT: I'll add I've no strong opinions on the subject and am willing to be persuaded, hence the questions. Perhaps I haven't been following it as closely as others but to me the vitriol towards him seems extreme.

I don't share the vitriol of others or the 'cunt' calling. That's all a bit lame and pitchforky.

He could've issued an honest statement addressed to the fans of the club he loves. Summat along the lines of 'personal differences with the management' or 'need a new challenge to move forward with my career', just to put people in the picture. He could've pressed Spurs to come in for him now with the right fee, to make him leaving more palatable.

Sneaking out the back door on a free is indefensible.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 04, 2017, 08:18:25 PM
Reply #2875

Jamokachi

sign a pre-contract agreement to go there next summer on a free.

They don't exist between english clubs and players, needs to be a european club.

September 04, 2017, 08:20:14 PM
Reply #2876

Jamokachi

Not viciousness really just a bit of sticks and stones ....but why do you feel the need to protect him ???....is it because he's such a delicate soul .

Bless his cottons 😅😅😅

There's no protection, I just find the vitriol pretty pathetic. Perhaps it makes you feel better, which is quite sad.

September 04, 2017, 08:24:27 PM
Reply #2877

cantoffee

I don't share the vitriol of others or the 'cunt' calling. That's all a bit lame and pitchforky.

He could've issued an honest statement addressed to the fans of the club he loves. Summat along the lines of 'personal differences with the management' or 'need a new challenge to move forward with my career', just to put people in the picture. He could've pressed Spurs to come in for him now with the right fee, to make him leaving more palatable.

Sneaking out the back door on a free is indefensible.
Maybe he didn't want to say anything as openly admitting he didn't want to sign a new contract would reduce his value to the club.

That being said Koeman did a pretty damn good job of that himself didn't he?

All parties are to blame here and ultimately we don't know exactly why he wants to leave. However, it's still a bit ridiculous that a boyhood Evertonian wants to leave at a time when the club is clearly on an upward trajectory and that blame can only lay at Barkley's feet.

Club has handled it poorly though by saying he'll be sold for sure and reducing our negotiating position.

September 04, 2017, 08:32:20 PM
Reply #2878

eyesalwaysblue

And when you put it like that BD, it makes me think the party we've really been fucked over by here is Spurs, probably leading Ross on and ending in this situation where they'll get him for less in a few months.

And for that we only have ourselves to blame, through letting ourselves be put in that position, for example, through awful handling of the situation by Koeman making it clear he had no future at the club, which always left us in a terrible spot negotiation-wise.
Exactly though Spurs only doing what we would do in reverse situation it's business pure and simple, wether the situation can be resolved is obviously very doubtful, Koemans original mis-handling can't be un-done and he wouldn't want to he's not the type. The club hasn't been smart here either, if we didn't want him fine but try not to rile a player who's holding all the fucking cards in future..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 04, 2017, 08:37:48 PM
Reply #2879

Lxxx

There's no protection, I just find the vitriol pretty pathetic. Perhaps it makes you feel better, which is quite sad.

Grow up.