December 16, 2019, 07:58:40 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 205013 times)

August 16, 2017, 03:43:19 AM
Reply #45

Bluedylan

There are less people now that want Ross to come back and score the winner against us, compared to a few weeks back, so that's good to see.

It's sad when a local lad doesn't make it, buts it part and parcel of the game.
I trust Koemans judgement and we will move on.

I'd be amazed if there's one person that felt that way. You'd have to be mad to want any player to score or do well against your team, let alone a homegrown player that you'd sold.

On the other hand, it's not unreasonable for people to want him to still have a good career and show his ability, as long as it doesn't adversely impact Everton in any way.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 17, 2017, 05:22:19 AM
Reply #46

Bluedylan

That's the amusing thing about body language. Some people think it's all telling, but without an in depth study of the individual it's complete guesswork, and even then it can be scuppered if the individual is aware of his own body language, or perhaps just has an itchy chin.  ;D

That's another clique thing. People have a strong aversion to amateur body language interpretation. It doesn't go down well on here. Not even joking.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

August 28, 2017, 10:57:41 PM
Reply #47

Bluedylan

I'd love us to have a midfielder comfortable at giving and receiving the ball in tight spaces in the opponent's half, like Ross. But we haven't really signed anyone like that. We've just signed a bunch of people with decent stats and 'productivity' apparently.

September 02, 2017, 02:55:21 AM
Reply #48

Bluedylan

I'm disappointed in him.

September 03, 2017, 12:56:53 AM
Reply #49

Bluedylan

September 04, 2017, 06:27:40 PM
Reply #50

Bluedylan

As people know, I've been a big supporter and defender of Ross but even I can't turn a blind eye to this. He clearly wants to go to Spurs and was hoping for Levy to meet the asking price last minute. He'll either go there for say 15m in January or even worse sign a pre-contract agreement to go there next summer on a free.

I still think the club, and Koeman specifically, have handled the entire thing terribly but Ross has treated us shoddily in return, leaving us with little or no fee for 10 years worth of development and investment in him. If the scenario above does play out, I'll have no qualms if Goodison boos and abuses the fuck out of him, upon his return, and Mo Besic can happily fly in on him, studs up, with my blessing.

September 04, 2017, 06:43:24 PM
Reply #51

Bluedylan

So he should've gone to Chelsea? Put his career at risk (in his opinion) to ensure Everton get a decent wedge?

What should he have done differently?

EDIT: I'll add I've no strong opinions on the subject and am willing to be persuaded, hence the questions. Perhaps I haven't been following it as closely as others but to me the vitriol towards him seems extreme.

I don't share the vitriol of others or the 'cunt' calling. That's all a bit lame and pitchforky.

He could've issued an honest statement addressed to the fans of the club he loves. Summat along the lines of 'personal differences with the management' or 'need a new challenge to move forward with my career', just to put people in the picture. He could've pressed Spurs to come in for him now with the right fee, to make him leaving more palatable.

Sneaking out the back door on a free is indefensible.