November 14, 2018, 05:17:44 PM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 174332 times)

July 26, 2017, 11:47:49 PM
Read 174332 times

cantoffee

I'm very sad.

Honestly can't fathom it, but if he leaves (which seems certain) so be it. I'll be devasted but as long as we are building and improving the squad we'll be fine without him.

August 26, 2017, 09:32:51 PM
Reply #1

cantoffee

Anyone who thinks his career will end up like Rodwell's hasnt watched them both play.

Barkley is on another planet in comparison to Rodwell and has proven to be at the very least a good premier league player with the potential to be a very good player.

30 million should be the minimum given that fucking Andre Gray went for 20 million with 12 months left. Andre fucking Gray for 20 million.

August 29, 2017, 11:22:12 PM
Reply #2

cantoffee

Danny fucking Drinkwater for 30 million.

Isn't he old and not very good?

August 31, 2017, 07:31:30 PM
Reply #3

cantoffee

Not convinced someone would want to sign him if he's injured for the next 3 months.

By the time he is fit it's January and he could be signed then for a much lower price.

I think he'll stay, for now.

September 04, 2017, 08:24:27 PM
Reply #4

cantoffee

I don't share the vitriol of others or the 'cunt' calling. That's all a bit lame and pitchforky.

He could've issued an honest statement addressed to the fans of the club he loves. Summat along the lines of 'personal differences with the management' or 'need a new challenge to move forward with my career', just to put people in the picture. He could've pressed Spurs to come in for him now with the right fee, to make him leaving more palatable.

Sneaking out the back door on a free is indefensible.
Maybe he didn't want to say anything as openly admitting he didn't want to sign a new contract would reduce his value to the club.

That being said Koeman did a pretty damn good job of that himself didn't he?

All parties are to blame here and ultimately we don't know exactly why he wants to leave. However, it's still a bit ridiculous that a boyhood Evertonian wants to leave at a time when the club is clearly on an upward trajectory and that blame can only lay at Barkley's feet.

Club has handled it poorly though by saying he'll be sold for sure and reducing our negotiating position.