August 24, 2019, 10:38:16 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 196279 times)

August 15, 2017, 06:17:28 PM
Reply #45

eyesalwaysblue

I'm still amazed that Barkley wants to g to Spurs.

It's widely accepted that he doesn't like Koeman criticising the weaker aspects of his game like tracking back and losing the ball to often.

Pochetinno is a manager who will be even less forgiving on that than Koeman on those areas.
Where's it widely accepted, not seen anything from Barkley's side reported anywhere? no direct quotes or speculation, the statements were all Koemans were they not?
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 17, 2017, 02:38:33 AM
Reply #46

eyesalwaysblue

If anyone likes to speculate based on body language, when Koeman was asked about Ross's injury (on two separate occasions) he immediately moved his hand to his chin and extended his finger across his lips before answering.
It might mean i'm sick of answering questions about that shithouse...

August 17, 2017, 04:14:38 PM
Reply #47

eyesalwaysblue

The few short news snips of Ross in training one last night from monday,  he seems chilled enough. Hope it get's resolved for him and the club wether he stays or goes. I'd personally like to see him do well even with someone else because he was made here.

August 17, 2017, 08:48:33 PM
Reply #48

eyesalwaysblue

...........yeh but ok it's better than the snake oil salesman !
I love Koeman's own brand of English .
He's nearly got Mclaren off to a T..

August 20, 2017, 02:31:32 PM
Reply #49

eyesalwaysblue

August 25, 2017, 07:31:37 PM
Reply #50

eyesalwaysblue

I'd like to see him line up next to Schneiderlein or Gana in a more defensive set up than the number 10 with license to bring the ball through the middle of the park to open up play.

Would require him working on his defensive game to get good in the role but that's where I see him adding the most value in our current squad.

Not that it'll happen, mind.
That could be Deelish, i just wish we could find out one way or another while he's still in blue.

August 31, 2017, 08:47:01 AM
Reply #51

eyesalwaysblue

we could buy 2 more injuries with that.

September 01, 2017, 01:24:32 PM
Reply #52

eyesalwaysblue

He might just have decided to stay and fight for a place yet..

September 02, 2017, 12:09:11 AM
Reply #53

eyesalwaysblue

Apart from the fact that a fee was agreed between the clubs and he talked (directly or via his agent) to Chelsea everything else is speculation.
If he wanted Spurs that much his agent would be sorting that - not going this far down the road to Chelsea.
We'll get dribs and drabs of information over the coming weeks so might understand it more then. In the meantime all we can say is that it all seems a little bizarre.
'What if' there was a reason like stress and being unable to make a sound decision?  Will we be as tolerant and understanding as we are with Lennon or will we crucify him because his 'episode of mental ill-health' was centred on Everton in the full glare of the media?

great post.

September 02, 2017, 12:33:42 AM
Reply #54

eyesalwaysblue

This is a shit episode and gets worse every turn, fuck knows anymore.

September 02, 2017, 01:17:04 AM
Reply #55

eyesalwaysblue

The hate for him isn't rational..

September 04, 2017, 08:32:20 PM
Reply #56

eyesalwaysblue

And when you put it like that BD, it makes me think the party we've really been fucked over by here is Spurs, probably leading Ross on and ending in this situation where they'll get him for less in a few months.

And for that we only have ourselves to blame, through letting ourselves be put in that position, for example, through awful handling of the situation by Koeman making it clear he had no future at the club, which always left us in a terrible spot negotiation-wise.
Exactly though Spurs only doing what we would do in reverse situation it's business pure and simple, wether the situation can be resolved is obviously very doubtful, Koemans original mis-handling can't be un-done and he wouldn't want to he's not the type. The club hasn't been smart here either, if we didn't want him fine but try not to rile a player who's holding all the fucking cards in future..