December 11, 2018, 02:47:01 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 177219 times)

September 04, 2017, 08:42:59 PM
Reply #2880

hill135

Really don't see Koeman's role in this. All he said was "if a player won't sign a contract you have to sell the player". He's talking hypotheticals and not saying "he's deffo leaving".

I reckon Barkley wants to play at a higher level but has quite small balls. Nothing wrong with that, but it's a bit of a contradiction in terms.

I'm not arsed anymore anyway. Too wearying getting all worked up after so long

September 04, 2017, 09:10:06 PM
Reply #2881

formerKHL

Really don't see Koeman's role in this. All he said was "if a player won't sign a contract you have to sell the player". He's talking hypotheticals and not saying "he's deffo leaving".

I reckon Barkley wants to play at a higher level but has quite small balls. Nothing wrong with that, but it's a bit of a contradiction in terms.

I'm not arsed anymore anyway. Too wearying getting all worked up after so long

He didn't actually phrase it that way though did he? what he actually said (if memory serves correct) "he has by saturday(?) to sign or he'll be sold"....completely different wording, meaning and intention...

If saying "I hope the cunt dies"...." I hope besic studs him.." and other such nonsense etc is not vitriol...the I don't know what is

BD...All parties are to blame here and ultimately we don't know exactly why he wants to leave. However, it's still a bit ridiculous that a boyhood Evertonian wants to leave at a time when the club is clearly on an upward trajectory and that blame can only lay at Barkley's feet. ...I don't understand why here....surely the blame lies with the way he's been treated originally which makes him want to leave in the first place ?
 I also don't understand the "clubs a shambles" coments either....if someone could explain why..

It's just an unfortunate situation all round as far as I can see....

September 04, 2017, 09:39:34 PM
Reply #2882

Marky Mark and the funky

@formerKHL As far as I can recall Koeman DID start with a softer rhetoric that matches what @hill135 said, albeit he was also saying things along the lines of Ross will not be guaranteed a place. I thought the actual ultimatum only came right at the end of the season, when he said something like 'Barkley will sign by day x or he will be sold'.

There were loads of non-commital comments prior to that one that did not build Ross up but neither intimated he wanted to see the back of him, Koeman was just being honest in his assessment which indeed could have got 'our' lad's back up. Who knows?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 09:46:14 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

September 04, 2017, 09:44:50 PM
Reply #2883

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Its clear that a lot of our fans are split with this one, which is only to be expected when none of us here know the full facts. But let's face it, he's off, and unlikely to start another game for us, and will be sold very soon, or he will walk, after pissing off at least half of our fans and our management/money men. All we can do now as a team (or rather, fans of the team), is to continue our progression and compete more than Spurs, and hopefully fucking win something, so WE can have the final laugh.

September 04, 2017, 09:48:12 PM
Reply #2884

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
It may be he WAS doing all he could to force a move through to Spurs.

His agent could have drummed up some luke warm Chelsea interest and floated the idea he was having a medical down there in the hope of forcing Spurs hand.
When it didn't he's had to come back up north with his tail between his legs. Knowing Chelsea didn't really want him and that Spurs don't seem that keen either.

September 04, 2017, 09:50:37 PM
Reply #2885

Lxxx

Whatever the truth of the situation we can't afford to let him run it down completely. He needs to be wrapped in cotton wool after his injury and sold in January as a priority. Him and McCarthy, Mirallas and Niasse. Should be 50m worth of talent going out the door after Xmas, easily enough to strengthen without going into the red.

September 04, 2017, 09:53:19 PM
Reply #2886

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Flog all them, invest in time travel and cloning and buy a 21 year old Maldini.

After we have spent our normal income on a proper striker of course!

I really dont think we need much more BIG signings, just one or two additions, and a lot of hard work gelling together as a team.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 09:54:37 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

September 04, 2017, 10:00:54 PM
Reply #2887

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Think y'all need to let it go and find Jesus.

September 04, 2017, 10:11:54 PM
Reply #2888

MrWhite

Think y'all need to let it go and find Jesus.

I'm pretty sure City wouldn't contemplate a swap deal though.

September 04, 2017, 10:16:26 PM
Reply #2889

BlueMaquis

I'm pretty sure City wouldn't contemplate a swap deal though.

We could always try for Moses first and hope that he puts in a transfer request to join him.

September 04, 2017, 10:26:12 PM
Reply #2890

formerKHL

I agree with all the above posts..(except the finding jesus one)

for me it's just a shame its come to this....for all concerned club, fans and player....

PS...wasn't going to let this out... but the story I was told was very similar to Joey Bartons... slightly different but on similar lines..

September 04, 2017, 11:04:04 PM
Reply #2891

MrWhite

We could always try for Moses first and hope that he puts in a transfer request to join him.

Moses is bigger than Jesus.

September 04, 2017, 11:05:41 PM
Reply #2892

Major Clanger

Moses is bigger than Jesus.

I'd rather we signed Abraham, we need goals.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

September 04, 2017, 11:10:46 PM
Reply #2893

MrWhite

I'd rather we signed Abraham, we need goals.

He is much bigger than either of the others. But Jesus has four times as many followers, while Moses has four times as many as Jesus.

September 04, 2017, 11:15:15 PM
Reply #2894

MrWhite

On the other hand, why would any of them come to us? We tried to get rid of Judas but he just won't go..