August 15, 2018, 04:19:09 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 162306 times)

July 29, 2017, 09:57:59 PM
Reply #15

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Doubt RK cares much about the £5-10m difference it would make by rolling out the "no comment" line. Probs just wants rid of a player that blatantly doesn't want to part of his squad.

Says he wants to keep him (despite the entire world knowing Ross won't sign a deal) gets you about £25m. Saying he's going to be sold no matter what (with the knowledge that the entire world knowing Ross won't sign a deal) gets you £20m. Not that big of a deal what RK says imo. Feels like people are nitpicking tbh.

August 16, 2017, 08:25:58 PM
Reply #16

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
It's a real head scratcher.

August 16, 2017, 08:45:31 PM
Reply #17

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Is that sarcasm?

Even I don't know anymore.

August 20, 2017, 01:36:46 PM
Reply #18

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
So how many other football chairman have being tight with money as their defining characteristic in the national consciousness?

Bill Kenwright - often referred to as the hardest chairman to negotiate with

Mike Ashley - renowned for selling to buy and being a general shithouse with his money.

Ellis Short - apart from compensation for terminating contracts of shite managers, do he even spend money?

Randy Lerner - after Martin O'Neil spent a fortune on shite I think this fucker sewed his wallet shut.

August 20, 2017, 07:44:04 PM
Reply #19

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not doing a line by line of every chairman in the league. Obviously some are cunts and have treated their clubs terribly. Though I do wish you were right and that was what BK was known for.

Look I'm not accusing anyone on here of racism. This idea that Levy is tight with money is one that's taken hold across the nation, and people here are just parroting it without thinking about its roots. My view is that it’s a lazy view that’s been applied because of a couple of key events and then stuck because it conforms to a longstanding stereotype of Jews being tight or good with money… And Daniel Levy sounds Jewish and is Chairman of the “Jewish” club. So after a couple of deals like the Bale one, he developed a reputation as a hard negotiator and then the stereotype has stuck.

But the reality is he’s no more “tight” or a “harder negotiator” than most other Chairmen, except those ones in possession of ridiculous levels of wealth. Levy’s just not that rich. You know how it goes, people have massive confirmation bias and ignore facts that don’t align to their view of reality. So Levy spunks £32m on Sissoko, a ludicrously shite player at a ludicrously high price, negotiated horribly on the last day of the season, yet people still think Levy is tight and some master negotiator. He could even go do something idiotic like spend £40m on Ross Barkley with 12 months to go on his contract, and in 2 months there’d still be posts on here about him describing him as tight.

Frankly I’m surprised you don’t see it. It’s not like we live in some post-racist society where some people don’t hold negative views or stereotypes about Jews.

No mate. You asked for another chairman know for being a tight arse so I gave you four. Whether you've enlightened me and brought my confirmation bias to my attention is beside the point.

August 26, 2017, 04:11:52 PM
Reply #20

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
You're kidding yourself if you think a Spurs/Chelsea target wouldn't be useful in our squad.

Yeah but he doesn't want to be here. So he's about as useful as tits on a fish imo.

September 01, 2017, 02:35:02 AM
Reply #21

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Weird how Sky aren't sniffing around this one. They've been repeating themselves for 9hrs about the neighbours signing OC so they're in need of something new to talk about.

September 01, 2017, 04:18:08 AM
Reply #22

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Fancies that white shirt.

September 02, 2017, 04:05:54 PM
Reply #23

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Both sides of this argument are rather hyperbolic and silly.

Every now and again players run down contracts. He seemed up for the Chelsea move but I'd imagine he got a text from a Spurs connection telling him to sit tight and put his feet up for 3 months.

Doesn't mean he's about to throw himself off a bridge, purposefully did Everton out of 35m out of spite, or got fed up of having no mates his own age. He's just acting how some professional athletes act.

Let's put our rational hats on here, guys.

September 02, 2017, 07:17:23 PM
Reply #24

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
You're right, but you've also contradicted yourself. You say be rational, but then you say you 'imagine'. Which is all anyone is doing really.

There's fuck all else to do apart from dodge the fume over the striker we didn't get.  :-*

I'm a rational dreamer man. Don't harsh my mellow with your logic.

September 03, 2017, 12:06:39 AM
Reply #25

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon Spurs have been proper snakes in all of this too.

September 04, 2017, 10:00:54 PM
Reply #26

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Think y'all need to let it go and find Jesus.

September 04, 2017, 11:58:41 PM
Reply #27

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
We need to go all out and coax joseph desire job out of retirement.