December 17, 2018, 06:24:31 AM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley  (Read 177891 times)

September 11, 2017, 04:21:38 AM
Reply #165

MrWhite

But maybe that's what he needs. Someone to simplify his role and give him a job.

For the record. Sissoko was immense yesterday. Power running from midfield. He is the type of player we need.
No, he wasn't immense. Sure, he ran a lot, but he should have scored a couple, or at least gotten at assist. Flattered to deceive.

September 11, 2017, 04:23:39 AM
Reply #166

MrWhite

I wonder if Koeman did get the bullet or quit before the season's up, whether Barkley would then sign a new contract pending knowledge of the new manager?
Impossible to tell. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if he covered himself in tattoos of Roger Federer and ran away to join the circus.

September 11, 2017, 04:32:09 AM
Reply #167

MrWhite

i mean, if we fail to score or get points against the teams that finished 15th- 8th last season, our season will be over, ie, it will be impossible to attract the players we need next season. i literally the season wont be over, but all the hype and expectations of us being 7th again would be diminished.

but thats going on., Koeman playing negatively against teams worse than us, and us continuing with 7 shots on target in 4 games..  those are some worrying stats.
On that measure the stats contradict you. So far against teams 8th-15th, played 1, 3 points gained. Being beaten by Spurs and Chelsea is hardly evidence we'll lose to a load of mid table teams and be in a relegation battle. Sure, there is plenty to be concerned about, but to talk as if relegation battle is a cert with Koeman and these players at this moment? That is why others are saying you are over-reacting. All we can see so far is it doesn't look overly likely we've improved on 7th. And even that is guesswork at 4/38 of a season.

Take Palace - on stats so far, they will finish bottom with no points, no goald scored and 75ish conceded. That will not happen. Although I did tip them for relegation.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 04:33:51 AM by MrWhite »