June 24, 2017, 07:11:55 PM

Author Topic: Callum Chambers  (Read 890 times)

June 19, 2017, 04:34:37 PM
Read 890 times

Robioto

« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 05:47:29 PM by Robioto »

June 19, 2017, 04:36:13 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

Not worth its own thread, but tentative/loose links on Twitter to Callum Chambers from Arsenal.

Got a big money move before he'd even become a player. Absolutely no idea if he is even decent or not.

June 19, 2017, 04:50:06 PM
Reply #2

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Got a big money move before he'd even become a player. Absolutely no idea if he is even decent or not.

It was his challenge on Pienaar that meant our little South African was never the same again. No!!!
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 19, 2017, 04:51:54 PM
Reply #3

sam of the south

It was his challenge on Pienaar that meant our little South African was never the same again. No!!!

And he didn't even get a booking, I believe
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 19, 2017, 04:53:29 PM
Reply #4

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
And he didn't even get a booking, I believe

No he didn't. I remember the wife having to tell me to calm down because I was shouting at the TV so much
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 19, 2017, 05:20:02 PM
Reply #5

Cozzie

Don't rate him.

Hopefully the links are indeed just tentative.

June 19, 2017, 05:44:44 PM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
Not worth its own thread, but tentative/loose links on Twitter to Callum Chambers from Arsenal.

It's worth a thread, he's been linked in several papers over the last couple of days.

June 19, 2017, 05:45:23 PM
Reply #7

Robioto

It's worth a thread, he's been linked in several papers over the last couple of days.

Fair enough :)

June 19, 2017, 06:34:08 PM
Reply #8

MmmBlueToffee

Suprised he's not linked with Liverpool, or can they only buy direct from Southampton for over inflated fees?
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 19, 2017, 07:27:11 PM
Reply #9

Cereal Killer

is he actually a centre back though? wouldn't have thought he would be an alternative to Keane

better option than Martina for a right back to cover Coleman/challenge him when he's fit though, although not at 15m

June 20, 2017, 04:04:35 AM
Reply #10

D15TIN

from the very few games ive watched him in he seems pretty average to me, Keane/Smalling for me.

June 20, 2017, 04:09:44 AM
Reply #11

TheTone

remember that day when old Bobby put Lukaku on the right wing against the Arse at home, Chambers had a horror show then, I remember thinking he's well shit him

P.s was convinced Martinez was a managerial legend after that game and that we'd go on and pip the arse to a top 4 spot

anyways I'm out

June 20, 2017, 04:14:22 AM
Reply #12

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Reading about him today and he's apparently a hugely dominant CB in the air? Had no idea, but apparently yeah.

Changes my opinion on him a bit, I'd like to see a comparison of him v smalling numbers wise cause I was quite on board with smalling even though he's like, demonstrably terrible on the ball. So if chambers has a bit about him in the air and in the tackle, he's deffo better than smalling on the deck.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 20, 2017, 04:20:51 AM
Reply #13

Optimistic Blue

had a good season at Boro who were actually defensively alright under Karanka, it was their utter shit attack that ultimately got them relegated. Easy to forget hes only 22 with plenty of time for improvement, not every player can be a rock bastard their entire careers.

However if you want a boro defender Ben Gibson is ya man
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

June 20, 2017, 04:37:00 AM
Reply #14

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
remember that day when old Bobby put Lukaku on the right wing against the Arse at home, Chambers had a horror show then, I remember thinking he's well shit him

P.s was convinced Martinez was a managerial legend after that game and that we'd go on and pip the arse to a top 4 spot

anyways I'm out

I don't think Chambers is particularly good but it would be extremely harsh to criticise his performance that day as he wasn't playing, and in fact played for a different club at the time 😂

He did play the day before though for Southampton and conceded 4 against Man City and he probably didn't have a good game 👍
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!