December 15, 2019, 11:39:46 AM

Author Topic: 2017-18 Today's football  (Read 224674 times)

December 09, 2017, 09:07:59 PM
Reply #120

sam of the south

Jamie 'The Oracle' Redknapp in the studio with Joe Cole, Kelly Dalglish, and Jose Fonte.

"I'm sittin' 'ere wiv wan ov tha best centre-backs in the cuntree"

I genuinely had no idea that Kelly Dalglish was one of the best centre-backs in the country 🤔
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

December 17, 2017, 12:56:28 AM
Reply #121

sam of the south

Sane and DeBruyne are very high level.

Sterling not so much.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

December 17, 2017, 12:57:06 AM
Reply #122

sam of the south

Alli is always an arsehole
Henry David Thoreau

December 17, 2017, 12:59:52 AM
Reply #123

sam of the south

Justice 👌🏼
Henry David Thoreau

December 17, 2017, 01:01:01 AM
Reply #124

sam of the south

Dele Alli is so flipping lucky sometimes. That's a straight red.

He is very Suarez minus the biting
Henry David Thoreau

December 17, 2017, 01:24:14 AM
Reply #125

sam of the south

Yes, if they can ban Niasse with retrospective action for a debatable dive, surely they can retrospectively ban cunts that should've got reds but got away with a yellow.
Henry David Thoreau

December 17, 2017, 01:33:34 AM
Reply #126

sam of the south

De Bruyne was so good today

Yes, he's got the lot and then some.

Can't believe Mourinho didn't fancy him.
Henry David Thoreau

December 17, 2017, 03:00:26 AM
Reply #127

sam of the south

Seem to remember around when we played Wolfsburg there were quite a few people saying that they’d rather have Mirallas :eh:

Haha, no way really? 😃

I don't remember that; luckily I would escape that humiliation, I grew weary of Mirallas many moons ago.
Henry David Thoreau

December 17, 2017, 04:59:12 PM
Reply #128

sam of the south

Sterling is improving all the time.

His main attributes of pace and close control are very potent.

He benefits and suffers from playing with players like De Bruyne, Sane, and Silva; because their decision making (particularly De Bruyne's and Siva's) are so outstanding it sometimes pales him by comparison, and along with his patchy finishing it gives some a stick to beat him with.

However, he is learning from these players all the time, and whilst his decision making and finishing are erratic, he is still getting into the positions to make these errors which shows how excellent his positional awareness is.

He should become England's best player once it all knits together.
Henry David Thoreau

December 26, 2017, 06:49:21 PM
Reply #129

sam of the south

The world's biggest company man, Sky's main patsy, Alan Smith, just told us that Dele Alli's snidy little forearm there was totally unintentional.

And that is how you nip any retrospective action in the bud at source.
Henry David Thoreau

December 26, 2017, 07:09:02 PM
Reply #130

sam of the south

Great move, that 👌🏼
Henry David Thoreau

December 26, 2017, 07:48:27 PM
Reply #131

sam of the south

Interplay between Aurier and Son there was obscene.

Wish we had a squad man anywhere near as good as Son (yes, I know he's playing now, but when Wanyama's fit you would assume their first choice front six would be Wanyama, Dier, Dembele, Eriksen, Alli, and Kane... or maybe Barclay 😔)
Henry David Thoreau

December 31, 2017, 08:01:53 PM
Reply #132

sam of the south

Dive by Zaha for the penalty (guaranteed he won't get Niassed) and an awful challenge by Puncheon that might put De Bruyne out for a while.

Henry David Thoreau

December 31, 2017, 08:36:23 PM
Reply #133

sam of the south

He could get charged for that as he won the penalty, doesn’t matter if they missed it. Zaha seems impervious to media diving scrutiny though.

The media scrutiny is key.

Cunts.
Henry David Thoreau

January 10, 2018, 03:30:29 AM
Reply #134

sam of the south

Stones nearly let them through again there
Henry David Thoreau