September 22, 2019, 08:07:47 PM

Author Topic: 2017-18 Today's football  (Read 213689 times)

August 13, 2017, 08:54:00 PM
Reply #270

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
He really is a horrible snidey bastard.  He'd fit in well at one of the big 3 Spanish sides.

And i mean that as a compliment.

August 13, 2017, 08:56:46 PM
Reply #271

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Manager's brilliant as well

Yeah, he's been really good since he came to the PL.

The only good thing from that is if they don't win anything soon and there isn't much money to spend he might get attention from bigger clubs when there is a manager vacancy.

August 13, 2017, 08:57:25 PM
Reply #272

TheTone

I like Spurs. We should model ourselves on them as a way of challenging the richer clubs.

I like them too especially now that they are starting to rattle Arsenal  (can't stand those)

Hopefully we can start putting it up against our red shite neighbours too in the years to come

August 13, 2017, 08:58:26 PM
Reply #273

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We'd all love Alli if he played for us.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 13, 2017, 09:00:39 PM
Reply #274

TheTone

Eriksen is a class little player, hoping Klaassen can provide those intelligent little passes when he gets used to our league, I think he has it in him

August 13, 2017, 09:00:45 PM
Reply #275

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Probably true, can't bring myself to like those kind of players when they play elsewhere though. Can certainly admire the talent though.

August 13, 2017, 09:00:51 PM
Reply #276

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

August 13, 2017, 09:02:30 PM
Reply #277

sam of the south

Oh of course, we would convince ourselves that the fuzzy family Everton magic would mature and soften him.

And he's a potentially excellent player, already a very good one.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 13, 2017, 09:03:04 PM
Reply #278

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
One thing i genuinely dont understand is how in 2017 i can't watch football on the telly with just crowd noise.  It used to be a red button option on sky, but disappeared years ago.

Watching the pre-season friendlies with foreign comms was so much more enjoyable.  No agenda driven bullshit, no stating the fucking obvious, just being able to watch the game and be trusted to make my own judgement on what was going on.

I get in the old days it may have been hard to identify players, but now in super clear HD with squad lists and team sheets available for every game its not exactly hard to equip yourself with the information to work out whos the 22 wearing right back.

August 13, 2017, 09:04:21 PM
Reply #279

hill135

I'd do bad, bad things to have Eriksen on our team. He's exactly what we're missing.

August 13, 2017, 09:05:34 PM
Reply #280

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

Absolutely.  He's effectively a more horrible Tim Cahill.

August 13, 2017, 09:07:38 PM
Reply #281

TheTone

One thing i genuinely dont understand is how in 2017 i can't watch football on the telly with just crowd noise.  It used to be a red button option on sky, but disappeared years ago.

Watching the pre-season friendlies with foreign comms was so much more enjoyable.  No agenda driven bullshit, no stating the fucking obvious, just being able to watch the game and be trusted to make my own judgement on what was going on.

I get in the old days it may have been hard to identify players, but now in super clear HD with squad lists and team sheets available for every game its not exactly hard to equip yourself with the information to work out whos the 22 wearing right back.

I have to mute a lot of games for my insanity**

The weird thing about that is if someone came into my house and saw me watching the telly with the sound off they would think I was insane

** I am aware I may have some psychological issues with Sky/BT commentators like

August 13, 2017, 09:08:09 PM
Reply #282

sam of the south

Absolutely.  He's effectively a more horrible Tim Cahill.

And far more talented

August 13, 2017, 09:08:37 PM
Reply #283

sam of the south

I'd do bad, bad things to have Eriksen on our team. He's exactly what we're missing.

What would you do, Hill? 😳

August 13, 2017, 09:09:18 PM
Reply #284

sam of the south

I think Atsu has done really well today