October 20, 2019, 08:46:58 AM

Author Topic: 2017-18 Today's football  (Read 217721 times)

August 13, 2017, 09:35:54 PM
Reply #300

sam of the south

They're not gay, theirs is cringey, masculine, chest bump, hand shake, in-joke bollocks.

Not that I'm bitter that we haven't got him anymore or anything
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

August 13, 2017, 09:51:01 PM
Reply #301

Shogun

Administrator
I don't like West Ham in the slightest but love Javier Hernandez.

Joe Hart will cost them though, despite the nonsense Pardew is saying about him and his vital premier league experience this year. Zabaleta is over the hill and Arnautovic is a bit like Mirallas in only turning up for the big games.

August 13, 2017, 09:51:21 PM
Reply #302

MrWhite

One thing i genuinely dont understand is how in 2017 i can't watch football on the telly with just crowd noise.  It used to be a red button option on sky, but disappeared years ago.

Watching the pre-season friendlies with foreign comms was so much more enjoyable.  No agenda driven bullshit, no stating the fucking obvious, just being able to watch the game and be trusted to make my own judgement on what was going on.

I get in the old days it may have been hard to identify players, but now in super clear HD with squad lists and team sheets available for every game its not exactly hard to equip yourself with the information to work out whos the 22 wearing right back.

There used to be a well know sopcast streamer who sometimes had just crowd noise. Was ace, closest you could get to feeling like you were at the game.

August 13, 2017, 09:51:51 PM
Reply #303

hill135

Got Man utd to win 1-0 with Lukaku scoring 12-1

August 13, 2017, 09:59:24 PM
Reply #304

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
Phil Jones is about to play his customary game and then get injured for about 12.

Martin Tyler is why the crowd option on the red button should be reinstated now.

Why do those profile poses the players now have look like they are on Love Island?

August 13, 2017, 10:01:19 PM
Reply #305

Shogun

Administrator
Think Lukaku will really struggle with the pressure here.

August 13, 2017, 10:02:32 PM
Reply #306

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't know Hart signed for the Hammers. That was weird seeing him come out there.
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

August 13, 2017, 10:08:31 PM
Reply #307

sam of the south

He's certainly putting the effort in already.

😔
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

August 13, 2017, 10:08:40 PM
Reply #308

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Think Lukaku will really struggle with the pressure here.

Don't see him as the type for it to bother him. It's whether he has the quality at the right times, and can develop further.

August 13, 2017, 10:11:49 PM
Reply #309

TheTone

have I had too many bevies already or does Matic look 7 foot tall there in a red jersey

August 13, 2017, 10:13:44 PM
Reply #310

Ari

From player rating today. Norwich 1 Sunderland 3

AIDEN McGEADY Quiet in the first half but the quality of his delivery was always a threat. Took Norwich out of the game with his dramatic intervention. 9

BRENDAN GALLOWAY Wildschut gave him problems all through the game and regularly beat him to the byline, but the left-back persisted and saw off the challenge eventually. 6

TYIAS BROWNING Like Kone, looked like he would be in for a tough afternoon but gave Norwich nothing and won some key headers late on. 7

August 13, 2017, 10:14:07 PM
Reply #311

BlueNoseMike

Lukaku already doing that thong with his arms out at his team mates. Least he didn't just do it with us cos he's 'better'

August 13, 2017, 10:17:18 PM
Reply #312

sam of the south

Tasty challenges here
Henry David Thoreau

August 13, 2017, 10:18:17 PM
Reply #313

sam of the south

Henry David Thoreau

August 13, 2017, 10:19:38 PM
Reply #314

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Man Utd looking good here in fairness.