October 23, 2017, 09:28:54 AM

Author Topic: 2017-18 Today's football  (Read 26887 times)

September 21, 2017, 03:23:17 PM
Reply #1140

The Analog Kid

Unless Real beat them home and away!

Doubt it, playing some shite so far this season whereas Barca look like they're not missing Neymar at all.

September 21, 2017, 09:53:11 PM
Reply #1141

bacon sarnie

Unsurprisingly, the FA have managed to come across as grossly incompetent and bigoted all in one go.

“The incidents being investigated were – I’m not going to give any more detail than this – inappropriate behaviour and a crossing of the boundary between coach and players. There is no evidence that has come to our eyes about anything illegal and we don’t want idiots going round his house with torches. But he had clearly stepped over the line and admitted as much.

“The reason we have parted company with him was that, while the safeguarding team did their job on their specific narrow front, nobody else within the FA was alerted that what he had done was not something you would be comfortable with for an FA employee. In his [Sampson’s] eyes, he felt he had been cleared of the issue. And he had been from a safeguarding perspective. Our problem was the grown-ups in the organisation hadn’t seen the report and the full detail to make the point about employability.”

Can't make it up.

September 22, 2017, 04:30:46 PM
Reply #1142

The Analog Kid

This debate, if you can call it that, about Phil Neville hailing Rashford as a great that’s up there with the likes of Mbappe and Dembele.

Are those pair even “greats” themselves? I beg to differ meself like.

September 22, 2017, 06:09:13 PM
Reply #1143

Macca77

This debate, if you can call it that, about Phil Neville hailing Rashford as a great that’s up there with the likes of Mbappe and Dembele.

Are those pair even “greats” themselves? I beg to differ meself like.

How anyone can refer to a play as one of "greats" after just one season is ridiculous, they're not greats yet, they just have the potential to be one day.

September 23, 2017, 01:36:51 AM
Reply #1144

Macca77

September 23, 2017, 06:06:22 PM
Reply #1145

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone else hate people trying to copy everything Ronaldo does when he takes a free kick

The deep breath, the wide stance, it's all for show isn't it?

None of that makes you take a better free kick
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 23, 2017, 06:21:32 PM
Reply #1146

ally2

Anyone else hate people trying to copy everything Ronaldo does when he takes a free kick

The deep breath, the wide stance, it's all for show isn't it?

None of that makes you take a better free kick

Yeah it's all part of the theatre of it all but justified by the routines that rugby players go through. Jonny Wilkinson did explain that for him, his routine was done purposefully, it was designed but purely from a technical and mental preparation point of view. He was in no doubt it helped him, and you can't really argue with that I suppose.

September 23, 2017, 06:42:34 PM
Reply #1147

Shogun

Administrator
Commentators just said this is the biggest match for West Ham.

Surely Millwall is bigger?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 23, 2017, 06:59:31 PM
Reply #1148

Shogun

Administrator
Why do English commentators make out Andy Carroll is peak Ronaldo (original)?

September 23, 2017, 07:01:05 PM
Reply #1149

velimski

Commentators just said this is the biggest match for West Ham.

Surely Millwall is bigger?

I'd say it's probably right.

West Ham would be Millwall's biggest game though.

September 23, 2017, 07:10:10 PM
Reply #1150

Ross

Harry Kane is phenomenal
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 23, 2017, 07:13:43 PM
Reply #1151

Bluedylan

The pass from Alli for the first was brilliant. Much harder than putting it on the floor but took the keeper out of it totally by fizzing it in head height.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 23, 2017, 07:18:27 PM
Reply #1152

Shogun

Administrator
The pass from Alli for the first was brilliant. Much harder than putting it on the floor but took the keeper out of it totally by fizzing it in head height.

Great goal all around.

The header from Kane. The cross from Alli. The through ball from Eriksen. The cross-field ball from Andy Carroll.

September 23, 2017, 07:57:29 PM
Reply #1153

Shogun

Administrator
Aurier always looked like getting a red today didn't he?

September 23, 2017, 08:14:35 PM
Reply #1154

Shogun

Administrator
i know they're down to 10 men but surprising to see Spurs blowing this.