November 16, 2018, 01:54:13 PM

Author Topic: 2017-18 Today's football  (Read 160342 times)

August 20, 2017, 12:12:42 AM
Read 160342 times

kramer0

I understand that it's because he didn't accept Shawcross' apology, not because he had his leg broken, but there aren't many things more cringeworthy than Stoke supporters booing Aaron Ramsey.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 12:18:00 AM by kramer0 »

November 15, 2017, 03:11:40 AM
Reply #1

kramer0

James McClean is a world class headless chicken.

November 15, 2017, 03:37:41 AM
Reply #2

kramer0

🎶5-1, even Bendtner scored....

Of course Lord Bendtner takes the penalty.

January 09, 2018, 09:31:59 AM
Reply #3

kramer0

@kramer0 looks like Walsh is in the line up for  Bristol City v Man City tomorrow night

I'm glad he's going to play, especially at a club with a good recent track record of developing players. If he's up to it, Bristol City is going to be a great career move.

I'm still disappointed on our end. I'm sure there are behind-the-scenes factors that forced the move -- the need to play probably foremost among them -- but I still don't agree with the logic of letting him go permanently. England produces plenty of midfielders who have good technique and put themselves about but basically none who control games with their passing. Obviously, there's no guarantee that Walsh makes it, but I think some playing styles are worth waiting/gambling on.

February 05, 2018, 12:42:50 AM
Reply #4

kramer0

Wow, just saw Salah's second. Great goal.

I thought it was messed up at the time that Roma only sold him for €42m (Salah's underlying numbers were incredible, he profiled like a star) and it's looking even worse now. Poor from Monchi not to get more for him.

February 05, 2018, 12:54:58 AM
Reply #5

kramer0

You'd be fuming if you were a Chelsea fan seeing how he and KDB have performed.

Just shows how important it is to give players time.

Agreed. If you've done your due diligence on a player and he's a good fit for how you want to play, patience is essential.

It's a lot muddier if you don't have a good idea of what you're getting, though. For example, I think we expected a lot from Sandro and Klaassen this season but I don't think we fully understood who they were or how we were going to use them. So I don't know how much patience gets us with those two.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:56:28 AM by kramer0 »

February 25, 2018, 11:23:54 PM
Reply #6

kramer0

My favorite Wilshere move is when he squares up to somebody he would absolutely lose to in a fight.

Nobody is afraid of you, Jack.

April 12, 2018, 03:41:26 AM
Reply #7

kramer0

Definite penalty.

I'm curious to see what others think -- did Michael Oliver need to send Buffon off there?

April 12, 2018, 03:45:23 AM
Reply #8

kramer0

There must be more too it, maybe something he said?

Yeah, hard to say without knowing exactly what he said.

I do think you need to let players vent some in that moment. But there's a line, obviously.

April 12, 2018, 04:06:34 AM
Reply #9

kramer0

https://twitter.com/ellis_platten/status/984160477818351617?

One of two reasons why I don't find Nuno Espirito Santo all that interesting as a managerial candidate.

Ruben Neves and Diogo Jota are Champions League quality players. Of course you should get promoted with those two in your team.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 04:07:38 AM by kramer0 »

April 23, 2018, 12:26:33 AM
Reply #10

kramer0

Probably unpopular but I think Man City have rather tainted their legacy of this season by not being in the champions league and getting slaughtered by Liverpool.

Even the defeat to Man United has taken away from their brilliance.

Like they're a great team but they're going to finish the season with a title and the league cup which was probably about expected at the start of the season.

I guess.

But what a fun ride if you're a City supporter. This has been a level above the "our players are more expensive yours” successes of Mancini and Pellegrini. A league title, another cup, and the team is playing some of the best football anyone has played in the PL in a long time.

Yeah, the players are still expensive but they're playing a style other managers can only dream of. For me, they're the most fun champion we've had in a long time.

April 25, 2018, 02:21:39 AM
Reply #11

kramer0

Two fouls in the build up and they score- cunts

Right?

Were they fouls or am I just blinded by hatred?