October 17, 2019, 12:13:15 PM

Author Topic: 2017-18 Today's football  (Read 217047 times)

May 03, 2018, 02:30:31 AM
Reply #4665

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Did people really think there was a chance?

Madness. They'll batter them tonight, nevermind in the tie.

Frankly, just hoped it'd be interesting. This isn't even that though.

May 03, 2018, 02:34:06 AM
Reply #4666

bluenuck

Only team that is gonna stop them is an actual CL quality team. Not Porto, City or Roma.

Problem is is that it's gonna be a one off game now which favours them even more against the big teams.

May 03, 2018, 02:36:48 AM
Reply #4667

WeimaranerBlues

whats the rule on yellows   do  2 in each semi mean you miss the final

May 03, 2018, 02:42:33 AM
Reply #4668

Bluedylan

Only team that is gonna stop them is an actual CL quality team. Not Porto, City or Roma.

Problem is is that it's gonna be a one off game now which favours them even more against the big teams.

No offence but this is nonsense about them having an easy draw. City were probably the best team in the competition (heritage or no heritage), that nobody else wanted to draw and they wiped the floor with them.

Just comes off as sour grapes.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 03, 2018, 02:42:55 AM
Reply #4669

burkey17

whats the rule on yellows   do  2 in each semi mean you miss the final
No changed the rules a couple of years ago.The only way you cannot play in the Final is if you get a Red in a Semi Final

May 03, 2018, 02:44:16 AM
Reply #4670

Bluedylan

We've got two things in our favour - Klopp's atrocious record in finals, and Real's ability to spawn any sort of win in this competition, no matter how poor they are, because they just believe it's their competition to win.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

May 03, 2018, 02:45:12 AM
Reply #4671

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
No offence but this is nonsense about them having an easy draw. City were probably the best team in the competition (heritage or no heritage), that nobody else wanted to draw and they wiped the floor with them.

They needed to play an atletico Madrid style side. They've played sides who want to attack and to be fair, they have dismissed them with relative ease
Simply simply lovely

May 03, 2018, 02:45:27 AM
Reply #4672

bluenuck

nope. not sour at all.

It's as clear as day can be.

Also, City were not "the best team in the competition" either.

May 03, 2018, 02:46:42 AM
Reply #4673

Bluedylan

On the negative side, a win in this competition sustains and grows their fanbase around the world for the next 20 years. That's how they do it. That's how the mythology builds and is reinforced.

It couldn't be more sickening.

May 03, 2018, 02:47:32 AM
Reply #4674

bluenuck

They needed to play an atletico Madrid style side. They've played sides who want to attack and to be fair, they have dismissed them with relative ease

Exactly.

Or, they needed to play someone tough.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 02:51:16 AM by bluenuck »

May 03, 2018, 02:48:03 AM
Reply #4675

Bluedylan

nope. not sour at all.

It's as clear as day can be.

Also, City were not "the best team in the competition" either.

They are really. They're miles clear of Liverpool in the league, so they're a much better side overall. But knockout competitions don't account for that.

May 03, 2018, 02:49:40 AM
Reply #4676

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Oh my god I've just realised that even if they do score four it only goes to extra time.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 03, 2018, 02:52:55 AM
Reply #4677

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
What an awful offside decision that was
Simply simply lovely

May 03, 2018, 02:53:03 AM
Reply #4678

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking hell.

That's onside and a red card
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 03, 2018, 02:53:33 AM
Reply #4679

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
That wasn't offside. Should've been a penalty.