December 12, 2018, 08:45:29 PM

Author Topic: 2017-18 Today's football  (Read 166461 times)

May 27, 2018, 06:16:02 AM
Reply #5190

bluestevie

That was an enjoyable couple of hours, especially after hearing and seeing them around town while in work, causing Hannover St to be shut down on a busy Saturday by setting off their stupid smoke bombs. Only one in red i'm gutted for is Salah, almost certainly out of his first World Cup because of an unfortunate accident, not having that Ramos done it deliberately, that stuff happens all over the pitch, it's the awkward landing of both players that does him
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

May 27, 2018, 06:53:50 AM
Reply #5191

Bluedylan

You go on RAWK for a touch of voyeurism and it's nauseating. Ramos is the devil, the referee cheated them, they're cursed (wtf!) and then the usual pages and pages of sentimental garbage about spirit and special club etc

Couldn't be happier that it all crashed and burned. No sympathy for Karius particularly. A bit more for Salah I suppose, with the WC (but even that's more for Egpyt), but overall I hope he's injured all summer and that this damages his start to the season next year.

And I make no apologies for any of that. I reckon about 80-90% of them were pretty sure they were going to win it. Delighted they're all miserable.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 27, 2018, 07:00:08 AM
Reply #5192

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Itís desperately sad, but I think this is the biggest afterglow Iíve had from a game of football in the last 4 years.

May 27, 2018, 07:31:30 AM
Reply #5193

Evertonian in NC

You go on RAWK for a touch of voyeurism and it's nauseating. Ramos is the devil, the referee cheated them, they're cursed (wtf!) and then the usual pages and pages of sentimental garbage about spirit and special club etc

Couldn't be happier that it all crashed and burned. No sympathy for Karius particularly. A bit more for Salah I suppose, with the WC (but even that's more for Egpyt), but overall I hope he's injured all summer and that this damages his start to the season next year.

And I make no apologies for any of that. I reckon about 80-90% of them were pretty sure they were going to win it. Delighted they're all miserable.

Fuck each and every last one of them to the core of their rotten non-souls.  Time to pull up YouTube footage of Slippy G falling down again.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 27, 2018, 11:38:45 AM
Reply #5194

bluenuck

2 reasons why they lost.

1) salah got injured
2) after salah and a couple more players they are just a team full of average players and it showed. I.e. Karius. Lallana and wijnaldum as well. That just mentions a few.

They had an easy group, and an easy draw every round and rode salah.

Also, firmino was invisible after salah went off.

Oh. And you gotta love karius walking alone after the game. Fuckin awesome.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 11:42:48 AM by bluenuck »

May 27, 2018, 01:13:30 PM
Reply #5195

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Itís desperately sad, but I think this is the biggest afterglow Iíve had from a game of football in the last 4 years.

The City 4-0 game is the only one better for me.

Or when Sevilla came back from 3-0 down.
My momma says I'm special.

May 27, 2018, 03:42:56 PM
Reply #5196

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
How good is Modric and Kroos? Amazing. Ramos and Varane as well as Marcelo just kept ball. Technical ability of these guys is something else.

To be honest though. Liverpool were in that game for most of it. Though Arnold looked very good. Van Dijk is a good player and Wijnaldum drove them forward well and Sane was always dangerous.

Canít see Karius playing for them again.

Bale.. I love you.

Anyone see Southalls tweet about Karius? Absolute class.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 27, 2018, 03:44:16 PM
Reply #5197

Toffee1

May 27, 2018, 03:46:29 PM
Reply #5198

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Is this the one Con?

https://twitter.com/NevilleSouthall/status/1000491761981100032

Hope Karius gets to see this.

Thanks mate. Yeah. Hope Karius sees that. Hope he has a great career away from them.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 27, 2018, 03:51:16 PM
Reply #5199

Toffee1

Thanks mate. Yeah. Hope Karius sees that. Hope he has a great career away from them.

Although there did not appear to be much support on the pitch from his teammates and the rest of the Liverpool staff, I hope they rally round him and give him the support he needs behind the scenes.

He'll bounce back but maybe a move back to the continent would be best for him and his long term career.

May 27, 2018, 05:32:52 PM
Reply #5200

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It would be nice for Karius to bounce back and become Real's number 1 keeper and then play an absolute blinder in the champions league final against the shite in a few years time. Just to prove to them he is a good keeper.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

May 27, 2018, 05:34:09 PM
Reply #5201

TheTone

It would be nice for Karius to bounce back and become Real's number 1 keeper and then play an absolute blinder in the champions league final against the shite in a few years time. Just to prove to them he is a good keeper.

Can't be doing with the stress of having them in a final again

May 27, 2018, 06:26:13 PM
Reply #5202

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
How good is Modric and Kroos? Amazing. Ramos and Varane as well as Marcelo just kept ball. Technical ability of these guys is something else.

To be honest though. Liverpool were in that game for most of it. Though Arnold looked very good. Van Dijk is a good player and Wijnaldum drove them forward well and Sane was always dangerous.

Canít see Karius playing for them again.

Bale.. I love you.

Anyone see Southalls tweet about Karius? Absolute class.

Yeah, just retweeted it. More class in his little finger than 10,000 RS fans
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 27, 2018, 07:03:51 PM
Reply #5203

Macca77

Modric though, I mean how good was he, ran the game from start to finish.

It also proved how much they rely on Salah, he brings so much to the team and it makes Firminho look good, he was anonymous last night, Henderson got outclassed in midfield, Milner was fucked after 20 mins. Zidane nailed the tactics, we all knew the shite would try blow them away early, Madrid let them have the ball, then took over after 20 mins, was pretty comfortable in the end wasn't it. Real showed why they're the best team in the champions league

May 27, 2018, 07:16:46 PM
Reply #5204

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Finally got to see the tackle. It wasn't near what I was expecting. Didn't look that bad at all and Salah was unfortunate in the way he landed. From the way I've seen it described he took Salah out with a tank.

Difference between the two clubs is that Real have more than one world class player they can count on.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama