November 22, 2017, 05:11:26 AM

Author Topic: Sandro Ramirez Signs - Confirmed by club  (Read 12897 times)

July 28, 2017, 09:38:47 PM
Reply #210

Evertonian in NC

I prefer the idea of Klaassen playing behind him.
Which then begs the question "where/how does Rooney fit into this team'?

Rooney moving around and finding space = good.

Rooney being force fed like a "target man" (i.e., before Sandro came on) = bad.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

deCoubertin

July 29, 2017, 01:20:41 AM
Reply #211

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I prefer the idea of Klaassen playing behind him.
Which then begs the question "where/how does Rooney fit into this team'?

Think he'll generally have a free role, nominally either side of the traditional striker.

July 30, 2017, 02:39:58 PM
Reply #213

Toddacelli

We've missed the players who can link midfield to attack. Even when we had Lukaku as a focal point sometimes we just couldn't get it to him and played some great football over the first 2 thirds of the pitch - only to run out of ideas and lose the ball at the edge of the box.

Now we have Rooney, Klaasen, Sandro and possibly Sigurdsson who can provide those clever, defence-unlocking passes in the final third but we still do need a focal point.

It's the one missing piece of the jigsaw now. I know we have other areas we'd like to see strengthened (like CB and out wide), but a Giroud type player would really focus the attack and allow those link up players to support and be involved in the attack themselves.

This is where I expect Sandro to flourish. When he's not necessarily the focal point, but pulling strings and popping up where he's not wanted.

This lad has grade A movement. He's a professional Pest of the highest order.

Love him.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 30, 2017, 04:57:31 PM
Reply #214

Cozzie

Id like to see him given the start in the second leg. Looked great when he came on.

July 31, 2017, 02:40:25 PM
Reply #215

MmmBlueRamirez

Think he will quickly establish himself as undroppable and first name on the team sheet.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 08, 2017, 09:40:24 PM
Reply #216

SANA_DR0

The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

November 08, 2017, 09:42:52 PM
Reply #217

Bluenose 91

Can see both him and Klaassen getting the boot in January or the summer.

Real shame we haven't been able to try and ease them in properly cos of his this shite start.

November 08, 2017, 09:43:50 PM
Reply #218

KoemansNumberTens

Can see both him and Klaassen getting the boot in January or the summer.

Real shame we haven't been able to try and ease them in properly cos of his this shite start.

I think there's no excuses for how they've been used. It's not like we haven't had problems in their positions all season long.

November 08, 2017, 09:45:41 PM
Reply #219

Bluenose 91

I think there's no excuses for how they've been used. It's not like we haven't had problems in their positions all season long.

Agree with that more in regards to Sandro.  Thought he actually started reasonably well then got injured and hasn't had a look in since.

Klaassen struggled more with each game though and you could see why he wouldn't be risked in the middle of the park in such a bad run.

November 08, 2017, 10:07:25 PM
Reply #220

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Sandro will turn out boss.
I have to return some videotapes.

November 08, 2017, 10:12:59 PM
Reply #221

Lxxx

He's clearly got talent and wouldn't be the first young Spaniard to struggle initially with English football. He's one I'd bear with, especially due to the fact he cost buttons and we can recoup it back any time we like. 

November 08, 2017, 10:18:56 PM
Reply #222

hill135

Read some stats on the Guardian website. Across his game time so far Klaasen has made 50-odd passes and two tackles. Great stuff.

November 08, 2017, 10:22:32 PM
Reply #223

Lxxx

Read some stats on the Guardian website. Across his game time so far Klaasen has made 50-odd passes and two tackles. Great stuff.

Most of those passes were to the opposition against Lyon at home and the two tackles definitely weren't in that game.

November 08, 2017, 11:41:42 PM
Reply #224

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I like both. Both have been terrible so far but I like them both.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.