November 21, 2018, 01:26:07 AM

Author Topic: Sandro Ramirez Signs - Confirmed by club  (Read 29167 times)

July 05, 2018, 05:46:59 PM
Reply #345

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

I think they meant whilst we have a squad of a million players. When we get down to a couple of dozen FIRST teamers, by trimming a dozen pieces of dead wood THEN THAT will be sustainable. 3 or 4 average players out = 1 or 2 good ones in. x 4 at least :)

July 05, 2018, 05:52:50 PM
Reply #346

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
It may well come back in the future but they've been quite explicit in saying the current way of operating isn't sustainable.

Nope, they've been explicit in saying the squad is too big and they want to assess & trim that before buying for buyings sake.
They've even gone as far as to hint that we may have paid over the odds for players recently.

But, if they turn around and say "Bid £88m+£1 for Ronaldo" now then the board are sorting that out and turning on the fax machine this afternoon.
That's the difference. We still have what is (for all intents and purposes) an unlimited budget. We just have 2 people in charge that believe a lean squad & value for money is the best way of breaking into the top 6.

July 05, 2018, 08:28:45 PM
Reply #347

Evertonian in NC

He might not be too bad in a pressing side as one of the front 3 in a 4-3-3 but as a sub. He does have calibre.

And Silva wants to play a 4-3-3
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 06, 2018, 01:23:15 AM
Reply #348

Shogun

Administrator
If he can’t do it under Silva then he never will but definitely deserves a chance.

Not going to lose any value by keeping hold of him, only issue is stupid wages.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

July 06, 2018, 01:38:21 AM
Reply #349

eugene

And he won’t get the same wages elsewhere so why would he push for a move? Unless he improves drastically we are stuck with him unless he goes on loan and we get at least half his wages paid.

July 06, 2018, 01:49:46 AM
Reply #350

plumber

And he won’t get the same wages elsewhere so why would he push for a move? Unless he improves drastically we are stuck with him unless he goes on loan and we get at least half his wages paid.

That's the problem. Our squad is full of utter dross on astronomical wages. It's very difficult to sell players like Sandro, Klaassen and Mirallas. Sadly loans till their death is the most realistic option.

July 06, 2018, 01:53:49 AM
Reply #351

Ross

Hopefully he’s brought his boots over with him this time and doesn’t need to play in those slippers.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 06, 2018, 06:24:35 AM
Reply #352

Normm

When Sandro started last year, I thought he was a great signing, having performed well in Spain. He probably thought Everton would be great for him also. Little did we expect the chaos and bizarre managerial events and decisions that followed. To be honest, quite a few members of the squad lost their way and under-performed last year - and no wonder!

Still, I can't really blame the young stars for not shining very brightly with the coaching mistakes of last year. Sandro and others deserve another chance - after all, we are giving one to Marco. Hopefully, this year will be like last year never happened and all will be well!

July 06, 2018, 06:03:21 PM
Reply #353

Juanito

It took Eriksen a year to acclimatise.

July 06, 2018, 06:05:00 PM
Reply #354

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
It took Eriksen a year to acclimatise.
and I thought he never would…. How wrong I was

July 06, 2018, 06:17:25 PM
Reply #355

Juanito

And Silva wants to play a 4-3-3

That’s why I have a little more hope about him. Rather than a rigid 4-2-3-1 where he wouldn’t fit into. He seems like more of a wide forward to me.

July 06, 2018, 10:19:38 PM
Reply #356

MmmblueBernard

Is he back in training or self imposed exile?
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 06, 2018, 10:45:29 PM
Reply #357

Gash

Global Moderator
Is he back in training or self imposed exile?

Back, someone posted a picture of him talking to Silva the other day.

July 06, 2018, 10:53:52 PM
Reply #358

MmmblueBernard

Back, someone posted a picture of him talking to Silva the other day.

Aye, just seen him in the vid on the os.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 07, 2018, 12:15:11 AM
Reply #359

Hesmenos

Barrett was quality compared to some of the fullbacks at the time. Who was that fullback who was bought from Tranmere by HK? Or what about Marc Hottiger?
I didn't mind Barrett. I understood the idea of Barrett. John O'Kane finished me off though. I was watching him when it dawned on me that the good old days where well and truely gone and never to come back. It was also when I realised that Kendall was finished as a manager.