November 25, 2017, 10:10:12 AM

Author Topic: Bas Dost  (Read 5075 times)

August 24, 2017, 04:56:45 PM
Reply #90

Rodenplav64

Bas Dost!
Bas Dost!
Bas Dost!

And no - I have never seen him play.

And I still want Lemos as well

I quite like Dost after watching him a lot in the bundesliga . He is a player who hasn't overcome his lack of pace with good reading of the game but our fans might not want a player who similar in style to Sam Vokes . He would however be a great addition if Sporting didn't want so much money ( I need to put this to one side given the price on Coutinho and Mbappe ) . He wouldn't be a like for like Lukaku type signing but given Koeman wants to share out the goals I would have him no problem .

deCoubertin

August 24, 2017, 05:02:09 PM
Reply #91

Waltzer

I quite like Dost after watching him a lot in the bundesliga . He is a player who hasn't overcome his lack of pace with good reading of the game but our fans might not want a player who similar in style to Sam Vokes . He would however be a great addition if Sporting didn't want so much money ( I need to put this to one side given the price on Coutinho and Mbappe ) . He wouldn't be a like for like Lukaku type signing but given Koeman wants to share out the goals I would have him no problem .

I think Mondays game highlighted why we need a striker with pace, and why Dost wouldnt be the answer. If we didnt have DCL to stretch the pitch we wouldnt have even got out of our half, with Bas Dost he'd have had 2 or 3 around him in a flash and they'd turn the ball over. His record is good but miles from what we need imo given the lack of speed in our team.

August 24, 2017, 08:21:49 PM
Reply #92

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

But he would work well with a Lookman, DCL or a Mirallas near him, after he has won the ball from an opponent centre back. A striker is not just for being a rapid escape route from better teams, but for scoring in average games by any means necessary - of what he does VERY well. At this stage I would take a Das Bost gladly as theres only a few days of the window left. A Giroud or Benteke would be nice, a Simani or pushing the boat out, a Djecko would be better.

If we dont manage to get anyone, at least DCL is looking better and better, the more he plays, which is great to see.

August 24, 2017, 08:22:14 PM
Reply #93

TheTone

I think Mondays game highlighted why we need a striker with pace, and why Dost wouldnt be the answer. If we didnt have DCL to stretch the pitch we wouldnt have even got out of our half, with Bas Dost he'd have had 2 or 3 around him in a flash and they'd turn the ball over. His record is good but miles from what we need imo given the lack of speed in our team.

I was thinking the opposite, thought we missed a real physical presence up top to hold it up a bit better, in fairness to dcl he did put in a shift but got knocked off the ball too many times

August 24, 2017, 08:24:04 PM
Reply #94

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Sandro will be praying we get someone like Dost in, he wont get kicked anywhere near as much then

Simply simply lovely

August 24, 2017, 08:57:35 PM
Reply #95

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I was thinking the opposite, thought we missed a real physical presence up top to hold it up a bit better, in fairness to dcl he did put in a shift but got knocked off the ball too many times

Yes if we need the option of someone running in behind then DCL or Sandro can do that.

We don't have a target man who is a reasonably reliable goalscorer.

August 24, 2017, 08:59:09 PM
Reply #96

MmmBlueRamirez

Such a shame that Giroud is happy getting splinters.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 24, 2017, 09:18:14 PM
Reply #97

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

I guess he's happy picking up trophies year in year out for sitting on his arse for 80% of the time.

August 24, 2017, 09:23:30 PM
Reply #98

Marky Mark and the funky

I guess he's happy picking up trophies year in year out for sitting on his arse for 80% of the time.

Gotta wonder if he'll looks back on his career one day and realises 'Hock damn, I actually done coulda tried to achieve something whilst playing'.