October 18, 2017, 11:02:41 AM

Author Topic: Benteke Link  (Read 3586 times)

July 12, 2017, 03:15:28 AM
Reply #30

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
One major plus point on this would be him coming in, scoring a shitload of goals and taking Rom's place in the Belgium team for the world cup.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

deCoubertin

July 12, 2017, 10:57:50 AM
Reply #31

Jamokachi

Not into this.

July 12, 2017, 08:19:41 PM
Reply #32

Ridge

Wonder if Koeman knows De Boer isn't that keen on him and would be willing to do business lower than expected.

July 12, 2017, 09:50:43 PM
Reply #33

MmmBlueRamirez

Wonder if Koeman knows De Boer isn't that keen on him and would be willing to do business lower than expected.

Nice thought but I can't see the board sanctioning a knock down price on that behalf.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 12, 2017, 10:10:35 PM
Reply #34

Ridge

Nice thought but I can't see the board sanctioning a knock down price on that behalf.

If he doesn't fancy him or wants to play a way that doesn't suit Benteke, then his value is going to go down over the season. Palace might be struggling to do much business with limited budget, he is the most saleable asset. Plenty of managers have made a success of selling the main asset and reinvesting, while plenty of clubs have struggled when they've not been able to invest to acquire targets.

At some point, do you think we are missing out on all the players we want because we can't afford them. Maybe De Boer has a few players he thinks are really good and will improve team and are great value, and one or two of those are forwards. If they can get about 50% profit and reinvest in a number of areas, I think board could see value and merit. After all, they've only just hired De Boer and if your not going to back him out the box, then what's the point.

If they wanted to keep him, then there is no discussion to be had as he has just signed for them. That Palace haven't come out and said a big loud piss off, says they don't seem offended about discussing it. It also would tend to imply that they may have alerted our interest in one way or another, if people don't know he's for sale, they won't bid.

July 12, 2017, 10:12:31 PM
Reply #35

Ridge

Still think we'd be looking at 40m/50m sort of prices, so it wouldn't be bargain basement prices anyway.

July 12, 2017, 10:14:42 PM
Reply #36

D15TIN

Surprised people dont want him, the only thing putting me off is the likely 40mill + price tag

He's a 20 goal a season striker if given the correct service - which he'd get at Everton especially if we bring Sigurdsson in

July 13, 2017, 01:14:53 AM
Reply #37

Mayor Farnum

Sky saying Chelsea are also interested in him.

July 13, 2017, 01:38:23 AM
Reply #38

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

They do like a player like that in their ranks.

July 13, 2017, 05:04:23 AM
Reply #39

American Evertonian

They do like a player like that in their ranks.

Was hoping they'd go for Llorente for this role
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

July 13, 2017, 07:20:13 AM
Reply #40

Jamokachi

Surprised people dont want him, the only thing putting me off is the likely 40mill + price tag

He's a 20 goal a season striker if given the correct service - which he'd get at Everton especially if we bring Sigurdsson in

Darren Bent was a 20 goal a season striker, but he was shit. He was shit because he offered nothing apart from the goals he scored. That would be my worry with Benteke, that he would offer less than Lukaku on a bad day. My RS supporting mates were delighted to see the back of him, and that speaks volumes. Plus, that fucking knee high calm down foot stomp celebration can fuck off.

July 13, 2017, 08:00:30 AM
Reply #41

Evertonian in NC

Are they still likely to move Batshuayi, or are we on their shit list now?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 13, 2017, 08:02:09 AM
Reply #42

Jamokachi

Are they still likely to move Batshuayi, or are we on their shit list now?

They're on our shit list, after the Stones unsettling.

July 13, 2017, 08:08:39 AM
Reply #43

Evertonian in NC

They're on our shit list, after the Stones unsettling.

Fair enough, but we still ended up way ahead in the end (and that was Mourinho personally more than the club in general).  Let's call it even and they can sell us Batshuayi.  I'm fixated now that I've learned to spell his name.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 13, 2017, 02:10:26 PM
Reply #44

Toddacelli

Benteke Link?

I thought 'Link' was just a polite way of saying 'shit'.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates