November 18, 2017, 03:22:45 AM

Author Topic: Kieran Dowell  (Read 8351 times)

October 29, 2017, 03:35:38 AM
Reply #120

Bluedylan

Pretty sure there's absolutely zero correlation between goal celebration and player quality tbh

Disagree, but then we often do.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

deCoubertin

October 29, 2017, 03:43:55 AM
Reply #121

Lxxx

He looks like he has talent but he has that kind of Bily/Ozil gait which means when the team isnít playing well heís usually the one hooked as it appears heís not grafting like the rest.

ETA: just had a look on their fans forum, theyíre not too impressed with him overall. Too lightweight it seems and doesnít deliver enough every week.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 03:48:54 AM by Lxxx »

October 29, 2017, 04:49:27 AM
Reply #122

Bluedylan

He looks like he has talent but he has that kind of Bily/Ozil gait which means when the team isn’t playing well he’s usually the one hooked as it appears he’s not grafting like the rest.

ETA: just had a look on their fans forum, they’re not too impressed with him overall. Too lightweight it seems and doesn’t deliver enough every week.

In fairness, one person was moaning that he did nothing apart from win the game with a hat-trick, including two class goals. Sounded like an Evertonian.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 29, 2017, 10:19:05 AM
Reply #123

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
In fairness, one person was moaning that he did nothing apart from win the game with a hat-trick, including two class goals. Sounded like an Evertonian.

But this is a fair point!

@Jimmywhack has mentioned this for a while re Dowell; there is a sizeable portion of our fan base that would be quite capable of saying something very similar to that.

October 29, 2017, 12:56:58 PM
Reply #124

Lxxx

But this is a fair point!

@Jimmywhack has mentioned this for a while re Dowell; there is a sizeable portion of our fan base that would be quite capable of saying something very similar to that.

About every player!

October 29, 2017, 01:03:57 PM
Reply #125

GrantyBoy78

He looks like he has talent but he has that kind of Bily/Ozil gait which means when the team isn't playing well he's usually the one hooked as it appears he's not grafting like the rest.

ETA: just had a look on their fans forum, they're not too impressed with him overall. Too lightweight it seems and doesn't deliver enough every week.
This is where having the right manager will aid his development. Someone like Martinez would tell him heís the next Zico and to go and express himself and just fanny about all game, looking for through balls. Whereas Poch took Dembele and Ericsson (who were both seen as luxury players and had fitness issues) and turned them into solid, tactically and positionally astute pros - without crushing the flair out of them.

October 29, 2017, 01:11:40 PM
Reply #126

Lxxx

Maybe Moshiri should buy Pochís book and give it to Unsy with a 2.5 yr contract.

October 29, 2017, 03:40:55 PM
Reply #127

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He looks a very talented player doesn't he

Simply simply lovely

October 29, 2017, 04:01:32 PM
Reply #128

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He looks great but I don't think it's some sort of misstep him being on loan. He's doing great were he is.

October 29, 2017, 04:28:45 PM
Reply #129

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah he's putting in a decent season we should be pleased.

Love a left peg ping merchant, but that second shot was superb.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 29, 2017, 04:46:27 PM
Reply #130

Lxxx

Letís see where he is come May. He still looks very lightweight, as attested to by the Forest fans, but he has got talent.

My gut feeling is he hasnít got what it takes to play for us but would be happy to be proved wrong.

October 29, 2017, 04:52:07 PM
Reply #131

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Letís see where he is come May. He still looks very lightweight, as attested to by the Forest fans, but he has got talent.

My gut feeling is he hasnít got what it takes to play for us but would be happy to be proved wrong.

You get the feeling fans would love him for a few months then treat him like they did Osman because he's not particularly quick

October 29, 2017, 04:55:48 PM
Reply #132

Lxxx

You get the feeling fans would love him for a few months then treat him like they did Osman because he's not particularly quick

Oh heíd definitely be called lazy because heís not sprinting back to his own byline to stop the wingerís cross.
Even after putting one on the top bin from 35 yards.

October 29, 2017, 05:00:18 PM
Reply #133

D_murph0278

I've seen Dowell a few times and I've seen Sigurdsson a few times in blue. There really isn't much between them apart from value. Scary really....
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

October 29, 2017, 05:32:46 PM
Reply #134

gizzblue

He looks like he has talent but he has that kind of Bily/Ozil gait which means when the team isn't playing well he's usually the one hooked as it appears he's not grafting like the rest.

ETA: just had a look on their fans forum, they're not too impressed with him overall. Too lightweight it seems and doesn't deliver enough every week.
So another Barkley .😣