October 21, 2019, 12:51:07 AM

Author Topic: Kieran Dowell  (Read 32309 times)

December 02, 2017, 10:10:14 PM
Read 32309 times

Rodenplav64

Did we really need to spend all the money on Siggurdson ?

December 02, 2017, 10:59:26 PM
Reply #1

Rodenplav64

No but that's got nothing to do with dowell

The lad scores some beauts from distance and free kicks which is apparently why we needed Sig so much . That is what I think it has to do with Dowell .

January 08, 2018, 04:20:34 PM
Reply #2

Rodenplav64

He's the only manager to get the best out of ravel Morrison.

There's an example of him letting a young player flourish.

We're never going to play free flowing, open, expansive football under Sam Allardyce. That doesn't mean he's not going to use the so called 'flair' players.

Ravel Morrison being used with regards to football . Ross you stopped laughing yet ?

January 08, 2018, 09:51:40 PM
Reply #3

Rodenplav64

Itís a feature of sams teams that he actually does like individual creative players. No surprise to see Sigurdssonís form turn around.

Itís just, as has been mentioned, he doesnít do anything specific - just likes them to create a goal through being naturally creative and close to the box.

I think any Manager has to have someone with a bit of creativity in any team and it is hard to find one that doesn't . There is no doubt Sam gets hamstrung by his last few years rather than Bolton and some of the players he has had under him . He did actually get Van Arnholt and Borini playing really well .
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:53:49 PM by Rodenplav64 »

January 08, 2018, 09:52:21 PM
Reply #4

Rodenplav64

January 08, 2018, 10:42:40 PM
Reply #5

Rodenplav64

Bournemouth (in the PL) next season would be an ideal loan.

I am not being funny but we are hardly Barcelona so whats wrong with him getting his development here and us spending less on average shit like Klassen and Schneiderlin ?

January 29, 2018, 04:01:14 PM
Reply #6

Rodenplav64

I think he’ll become a good player for us but we need to keep our expectations in check; he’s not going to score 20 goals and propel us into the Championship League.

I really can't see what anyone would have against giving him a go next season . Given just how little creativity and scoring threat we carry as a team .He did really well in pre season and probably would have had a chance to play had we not filled out the squad with mediocre crap who barely featured and contributed little .

January 29, 2018, 05:39:39 PM
Reply #7

Rodenplav64

The thing is, with our abundance of No.10s, who would he replace ?...Rooney is the obvious one if we are talking next season as he's not going to get any better, however I would like to think we are looking to be signing a playmaker in the summer, if so Dowell's chances will be limited to cup games I imagine if any.

There are players who next season are a year older or a year more frustrating in Rooney and Bolasie .  I also think you could definitely take the following out of the club for various reasons and it would effect nothing on it McCarthy ( injury ), Schneiderlin ( sell ) , Besic ( useless ) Klassen ( sell ) , Lookman ( Loan unfortunately) , Sandro ( sell ) . There are a couple with question marks over them who if he remains in charge Allardyce may move on in Davies ( I would fume ) and Vlasic ( seems unfancied ) . I just think that next season there is definitely a place for Dowell and if it is Cups and substitute appearances then that is better than any more squad fillers at stupid VFM . Kenny has probably saved us about 30-40 M not having to buy a replacement for Seamus and Dowell could well do the same replacing any of the above in certain games .

January 31, 2018, 06:14:52 PM
Reply #8

Rodenplav64

The championship is a better League than most of the European Leagues yet most fans would sooner see us buy an overpriced player from a very inferior League . Dowell has been asked more questions playing for Forest than Klassen say playing in the Dutch League . Yes Klassen had European experience but most of his games for Ajax were at a lower level than the championship . Besic playing for Ferencvaros hardly tested him week in week out certainly from a fitness level . So up the level of fitness and consistency needed and he is shot to fuck . Some of our best players in the past gained there most valuable experience in our lower Leagues . Coleman , Osman , Lescott , Baines , Cahill and Jagielka off the top of my head . Dowell deserves the same chance as Barkley , DCL , Kenny , Holgate .