December 10, 2018, 12:44:48 PM

Author Topic: Kieran Dowell  (Read 27418 times)

January 29, 2018, 03:04:13 PM
Reply #285

GrantyBoy78

I think hell become a good player for us but we need to keep our expectations in check; hes not going to score 20 goals and propel us into the Championship League.

January 29, 2018, 04:01:14 PM
Reply #286

Rodenplav64

I think he’ll become a good player for us but we need to keep our expectations in check; he’s not going to score 20 goals and propel us into the Championship League.

I really can't see what anyone would have against giving him a go next season . Given just how little creativity and scoring threat we carry as a team .He did really well in pre season and probably would have had a chance to play had we not filled out the squad with mediocre crap who barely featured and contributed little .

January 29, 2018, 04:34:06 PM
Reply #287

Lincs Toffee

I really can't see what anyone would have against giving him a go next season . Given just how little creativity and scoring threat we carry as a team .He did really well in pre season and probably would have had a chance to play had we not filled out the squad with mediocre crap who barely featured and contributed little .
The thing is, with our abundance of No.10s, who would he replace ?...Rooney is the obvious one if we are talking next season as he's not going to get any better, however I would like to think we are looking to be signing a playmaker in the summer, if so Dowell's chances will be limited to cup games I imagine if any.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 29, 2018, 05:39:39 PM
Reply #288

Rodenplav64

The thing is, with our abundance of No.10s, who would he replace ?...Rooney is the obvious one if we are talking next season as he's not going to get any better, however I would like to think we are looking to be signing a playmaker in the summer, if so Dowell's chances will be limited to cup games I imagine if any.

There are players who next season are a year older or a year more frustrating in Rooney and Bolasie .  I also think you could definitely take the following out of the club for various reasons and it would effect nothing on it McCarthy ( injury ), Schneiderlin ( sell ) , Besic ( useless ) Klassen ( sell ) , Lookman ( Loan unfortunately) , Sandro ( sell ) . There are a couple with question marks over them who if he remains in charge Allardyce may move on in Davies ( I would fume ) and Vlasic ( seems unfancied ) . I just think that next season there is definitely a place for Dowell and if it is Cups and substitute appearances then that is better than any more squad fillers at stupid VFM . Kenny has probably saved us about 30-40 M not having to buy a replacement for Seamus and Dowell could well do the same replacing any of the above in certain games .

January 29, 2018, 05:54:11 PM
Reply #289

Lincs Toffee

There are players who next season are a year older or a year more frustrating in Rooney and Bolasie .  I also think you could definitely take the following out of the club for various reasons and it would effect nothing on it McCarthy ( injury ), Schneiderlin ( sell ) , Besic ( useless ) Klassen ( sell ) , Lookman ( Loan unfortunately) , Sandro ( sell ) . There are a couple with question marks over them who if he remains in charge Allardyce may move on in Davies ( I would fume ) and Vlasic ( seems unfancied ) . I just think that next season there is definitely a place for Dowell and if it is Cups and substitute appearances then that is better than any more squad fillers at stupid VFM . Kenny has probably saved us about 30-40 M not having to buy a replacement for Seamus and Dowell could well do the same replacing any of the above in certain games .
That's a fair comment, However I think a lot hinges on who is manager next season as you say
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 29, 2018, 07:07:23 PM
Reply #290

Lxxx

Needs another season on loan judging by what a lot of Forest fans think. Wouldn't be averse to that, when you see how Davies rose and then fell back down to earth until he finds his level. It's a huge step up from U-23 football and only a tiny % manage it without some sort grounding at a level which bridges that gap first. 

January 29, 2018, 07:15:13 PM
Reply #291

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Needs another season on loan judging by what a lot of Forest fans think. Wouldn't be averse to that, when you see how Davies rose and then fell back down to earth until he finds his level. It's a huge step up from U-23 football and only a tiny % manage it without some sort grounding at a level which bridges that gap first. 

With Forrest not in with a realistic chance of being promoted, I quite like the idea of giving him a contract extension and loaning him out to a team fighting a bit higher up the ladder. Maybe even a prem team.
Then make the decision on what to do in 2019.

January 29, 2018, 07:48:59 PM
Reply #292

Cereal Killer

Depends on who the manager is next season as to if he'll get a chance with us

January 30, 2018, 10:04:49 AM
Reply #293

Jamokachi

3rd top (teenage) scorer in Europe's 'top 5 leagues' according to the Guardian podcast. Sessegnon and Mbappe 1 & 2.

January 30, 2018, 10:18:12 AM
Reply #294

Ramjam

3rd top (teenage) scorer in Europe's 'top 5 leagues' according to the Guardian podcast. Sessegnon and Mbappe 1 & 2.
Thats impressive
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 31, 2018, 01:25:39 AM
Reply #295

Danny

Thats impressive

Especially because Sessegnon is a LB isn't he?

Or has he moved to the wing

January 31, 2018, 01:43:32 AM
Reply #296

Heisenberg

The championship isnt one of the top 5 leagues surely?

January 31, 2018, 01:44:50 AM
Reply #297

Heisenberg

Hang on. He's 20 aswell

January 31, 2018, 02:30:38 AM
Reply #298

Jamokachi

Especially because Sessegnon is a LB isn't he?

Or has he moved to the wing

He's been playing left wing this season.

January 31, 2018, 02:34:12 AM
Reply #299

Jamokachi

Hang on. He's 20 aswell

According to whoever put the stat together it is. He was a teenager when the season started, maybe that's how they 'bracket' it?