July 23, 2017, 03:39:45 PM

Author Topic: Do we have a better side than Leicester?  (Read 1598 times)

July 16, 2017, 08:03:58 PM
Read 1598 times

Shogun

Administrator
Not much in it according to one Leciester fan.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/112099-gylfi-sigurdsson/?do=findComment&comment=4375078

On 14/07/2017 at 11:51, Babylon said:
It's a strong looking team to be fair, certainly enough there if they add a quality striker to be pushing those ahead of them.

Pickford

Coleman   Keane   Williams   Baines

Schneiderlin  Gueye

Bolasie    Klaassen   Sigurdson

Rooney

Lookman, Davies, Ramierz, Barkley (if he stays), Mirallas, Jagielka, Lennon, Mori, Besic

TBH purely based on a starting 11 if we add Iheanacho I'd say our team is as strong if not stronger. Vardy over Rooney and definitely Iheanacho over Klaasen based on his PL experience and stats. Drinks, Ndidi and Iborra are a strong 3 to rotate in the central 2 positions, vs Everton I dont think there is a lot in it, I'd take an on form, fit Drinkwater over Schneiderlin and Ndidi vs Geuye - possibly the latter currently but I dont think there will be a lot in it going forward. I'd have Albrighton over Bolasie (crap) all day long and Mahrez (if he stays) on his day.. is a different level to Sigurdson. I don't think there's a great deal of difference in quality between Keane and Mcguire, certainly Keane is probably a little further ahead in his progression. Williams- meh, like Huth and Morgan prone to the odd nightmare performance, I'd take Huth over Williams, both good in the air like Morgan. Which leaves Simpson possibly our most consistent player along with Kasper and solid defensively, although Coleman and Baines are the obvious stronger two positions but Baines is past his best as Fuchs probably is also. Kasper over Pickford.

Everton are stronger in depth especially across the middle although we have more depth upfront.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

deCoubertin

July 16, 2017, 08:07:33 PM
Reply #1

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
There isn't much in it tbh.

Keepers are pretty similar.

We have a better defence now (when Coleman is fit), although I really rate Chilwell.

They probably have a better attacking line now we've sold Lukaku (although no one really knows how good Sandro will be).

If neither signed anyone else then I think we will finish ahead of them based on us not leaking as many goals.

However it looos like we will both sign a few more players.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

July 16, 2017, 08:09:08 PM
Reply #2

Cozzie

Yes we have a better side.

It shouldn't be a surprise however fans of other clubs saying or thinking they have a better side than us, I am guilty of doing it in the past in saying we have a better side than others when we clearly havent.

We will finish comfortably above them next season.

July 16, 2017, 08:15:16 PM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
How many points ahead of them did we finish last season?
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

July 16, 2017, 08:28:53 PM
Reply #4

eyesalwaysblue

They were on strike for a lump of it the wankers
I still despise Clive Thomas..

July 16, 2017, 08:34:08 PM
Reply #5

toffee_scot

I don't really know how to assess a team like Leicester, they are either displaying league title winning form for long spells or relegation form for long spells - as the last 3 seasons have shown. They certainly have quite a few players who are very good quality whilst others you might think are very lucky to even be playing in the Premier League.

It'll come down to who is the better team rather than who has the better individual players.

July 16, 2017, 08:53:54 PM
Reply #6

MartinezsLeftTeste

We are miles ahead of them. They've got some big holes in that team. 1 full back and 1 centre half that are nowhere near good enough. We are better in midfield too. Drinkwater is bang average. Nowhere near as good as any of our 3. As bolasie is clearly better than albrighton if we are accepting every other season but their miracle 1 as the norm. I like vardy but I think there's a fair chance sandro will outscore him

July 16, 2017, 08:56:51 PM
Reply #7

hannu

what a load of shite, Leicester are crap, they fluked the league the other year and was found out last year, hope they get relegated soon and fuck off back to obscurity
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 08:59:02 PM by hannu »

July 16, 2017, 08:57:50 PM
Reply #8

Shogun

Administrator
But can we talk about him saying Drinkwater is better than Schneiderlin.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

July 16, 2017, 09:05:12 PM
Reply #9

eyesalwaysblue

Flook a title priceless
I still despise Clive Thomas..

July 16, 2017, 09:21:20 PM
Reply #10

Zoolander

NSNO Subscriber
But can we talk about him saying Drinkwater is better than Schneiderlin.
I don't talk about idiots. They draw you in and then beat you with experience.

July 17, 2017, 04:53:08 AM
Reply #11

EVERTON 66

Sorry who r u kidding Leicester r a middle of the table team at best I feel they won't get within 12 points of us next season NSNO.

July 17, 2017, 04:54:10 AM
Reply #12

MrWhite

July 17, 2017, 05:48:53 AM
Reply #13

di_guyo

can't believe this is being entertained. i'd legit only start mahrez in our team.

albrighton over bolasie?
drinkwater over schneiderlin? fucking drinkwater
comparing klaassen, a midfielder, with iheanacho, a striker
he made out like ndidi was only currently marginally off gana as well

jesus christ, you wonder if some people have ever even seen a game in their lives.

EDIT: i had to come back to this, reading it again...marc albrighton  :titanic:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:51:11 AM by di_guyo »
Everton & Atleti

July 17, 2017, 05:59:07 AM
Reply #14

blueski

weve got a better manager
Nil Satis