October 20, 2017, 03:16:35 AM

Author Topic: What to do with Besic?  (Read 7336 times)

July 22, 2017, 03:34:38 AM
Read 7336 times

Paddockoldie

I worry for this fella because it's gonna be hard for him to get in to the midfield we have. I like him and think there's a crackin player in there if he can keep fit and play to improve. Was thinking, now don't bitch slap me, but could he okay sweeper along side Keane... Like the Rat and Degsy in the 80's? He's not as fast as the Rat... Who was? But he's aggressive and can play with good skills... Anyway I've got one arm in my sleeve and am near the door...over to yous

deCoubertin

July 22, 2017, 03:43:21 AM
Reply #1

ally2

I have no idea. Haven't seen enough of him to even come up with an opinion. I hope he does well because he's our player. Does he have a history of playing in centre defence?

July 22, 2017, 03:45:09 AM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I have no idea. Haven't seen enough of him to even come up with an opinion. I hope he does well because he's our player. Does he have a history of playing in centre defence?

Sorta.

I've said before that veratti should be his model. Tough, aggressive tackles, tight control and dribbling under pressure with expansive passing all with a small, low centre of gravity frame.

No idea what he's got in the tank but at his best he starts to look a little like that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 22, 2017, 03:46:30 AM
Reply #3

Major Clanger

He did play there for a bit in Hungary but that's hardly an indicator of quality.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

July 22, 2017, 03:48:52 AM
Reply #4

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
He's got to stay fit first and foremost.  I'm not sure if he's gone more than about 6 or 7 games without an injury in his time with us so it's really impossible to judge him properly.

Maybe it will actually be good for him to be backup and not be thrown straight in after time out like he was previously.  If he can build up to proper fitness then maybe he can take his chance when he gets it, as there's certainly a player in there.

I think he's probably only ever an emergency option at CB though.

July 22, 2017, 05:26:25 AM
Reply #5

MmmBlueRamirez

His stature sort of rules him out as a fully effective PL centreback so as mentioned hes kinda last resort there. That said I think he'll be adequate back up for gana give their similar levels tenacity and energy. Ive got a real soft spot for the fella and given his injury woes i think hes behaved impeccably and been thankful when given the opportunity.

I think theres quite a bit more to offer from this lad as long as he stays fit.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 22, 2017, 05:32:57 AM
Reply #6

BlueBeagle

given his injury woes i think hes behaved impeccably

What else would he do?

July 22, 2017, 05:34:15 AM
Reply #7

MmmBlueRamirez

July 22, 2017, 05:36:24 AM
Reply #8

Ross

Origami?

Probably get a bad paper cut that'd keep him out for 6 months.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 22, 2017, 05:42:23 AM
Reply #9

MmmBlueRamirez

Probably get a bad paper cut that'd keep him out for 6 months.

Probably better than sepsis from dodgy tattoos....

July 22, 2017, 06:37:01 AM
Reply #10

hill135

July 22, 2017, 03:06:13 PM
Reply #11

Lxxx

No idea if he is actually a footballer. I once saw a video of him running very fast alongside Gareth Bale but but not sure if that makes him a baller or not.

July 22, 2017, 06:49:33 PM
Reply #12

gizzblue

On the few occasions I did see him at Goodison hes deffo got the talent ,although the fitness is an issue and we are gonna need cover with the amount of games we have this year ....im a fan of the lad ...hes tough and hard in the tackle ....also pretty quick .

July 22, 2017, 10:40:20 PM
Reply #13

Bob Sacamano

Throw him in the bin.

July 22, 2017, 10:46:42 PM
Reply #14

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Have him nowhere near centre half.