October 22, 2017, 02:40:33 AM

Author Topic: What to do with Besic?  (Read 7373 times)

July 23, 2017, 02:11:20 AM
Reply #30

BlueBeagle

Did Besic shag your mums or something?

As if he could manage it without getting injured

deCoubertin

July 23, 2017, 02:11:49 AM
Reply #31

Tinga

He actually shagged yours behind my back hence my animosity towards him.

What do you even say to this. It barely even makes sense haha.

July 23, 2017, 02:20:13 AM
Reply #32

AllyBlue14

We've never been reliant on him being fit because he never has been.

Come the summer (if not sooner) I'm fairly certain that he'll be on his way and he can be remembered as yet another Martinez flop.

Just because he never has been fit doesn't mean we haven't needed him to be. We pretty much had Mccarthy and Barry and that was it.

Previously, he was vying for a regular first team slot, but now we're mainly hoping he'll prove useful cover during a busier season. As we have more strength in depth, we can look at it more from a footballing sense - personally, I think there's a useful player in there, but there's only so long you can carry an injury prone player on your books - but if he's not up to it, we move along.

July 23, 2017, 02:50:41 AM
Reply #33

hill135

He's barely played well for Everton, he's always injured, he's not even young anymore, and he loves a yellow card.

There's nothing to suggest he's going to a good player for Everton.

He was clearly bought off the back of that one game at the WC. Move him on.

July 23, 2017, 05:01:28 AM
Reply #34

Lxxx

He's barely played well for Everton, he's always injured, he's not even young anymore, and he loves a yellow card.

There's nothing to suggest he's going to a good player for Everton.

He was clearly bought off the back of that one game at the WC. Move him on.

He was a typical Martinez signing. Bought on a whim by a guy who thought his knowledge of the game meant he could spot a player on one showing. 4m as well. Not even a cheap punt, three years ago that was still a tasty fee for an unknown lad from a pub league.

July 23, 2017, 05:37:59 AM
Reply #35

stirlingblue

He was a typical Martinez signing. Bought on a whim by a guy who thought his knowledge of the game meant he could spot a player on one showing. 4m as well. Not even a cheap punt, three years ago that was still a tasty fee for an unknown lad from a pub league.

To be fair, he'd probably fetch about 7.5m if we sold him now

July 23, 2017, 05:52:09 AM
Reply #36

Realist

Release him, he's crap, The Oyster and The Pineapple are looking for players

July 23, 2017, 11:06:56 AM
Reply #37

blue1948

We've never been reliant on him being fit because he never has been.

Come the summer (if not sooner) I'm fairly certain that he'll be on his way and he can be remembered as yet another Martinez flop.
Do you ever read your own comments "Come the summer" if not sooner ?????????. I had to check the date of the post twice !

July 23, 2017, 02:15:58 PM
Reply #38

Rhys

Yeah, it's a lot better to judge him over 20 minutes in a pre-season game. :)

I think it is safe to say from that 20 minutes he should never play centre half in a professional game for us. Taking up a position left wing back to receive the ball and leaving 45 yards of space in between him and Keane was bad enough. To then play a crossfield pass about 10 yards from goal to Keane in the box made it worse, but topped it off with dribbling past the striker 3 yards from goal in his own 6 yard box.

I don't think he was doing those things because it's a friendly either! Keane must have kept looking left thinking where's he going now.

July 23, 2017, 02:35:35 PM
Reply #39

BlueBeagle

Do you ever read your own comments "Come the summer" if not sooner ?????????. I had to check the date of the post twice !

Obviously next year

July 23, 2017, 03:33:03 PM
Reply #40

Lxxx

To be fair, he'd probably fetch about 7.5m if we sold him now

Based on what?

July 23, 2017, 03:49:10 PM
Reply #41

Mayor Farnum

I think we will keep him to be part of our eight changes for our third round cup exit.

July 23, 2017, 03:51:36 PM
Reply #42

stirlingblue

Based on what?

Based on the fact that Liverpool just sold that lad who nobody has heard of for 8m

July 23, 2017, 04:34:58 PM
Reply #43

Lxxx

Based on the fact that Liverpool just sold that lad who nobody has heard of for 8m

You could put together a montage of Besic's best bits over the three years with us and struggle to justify why we paid 4m for him, let alone suggest he's nearly doubled in value.

July 23, 2017, 05:01:41 PM
Reply #44

stirlingblue

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Stewart_(footballer)

He's a year younger than Besic and has 25ish career professional games compared to Besic's 100+ at club level and 40 international appearances.

I'm by no means suggesting Besic is a world beater, but I really do think we'd get 7.5m-10m for him in today's market.