October 20, 2018, 06:43:02 PM

Author Topic: What to do with Besic?  (Read 16546 times)

July 22, 2017, 03:45:09 AM
Read 16546 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I have no idea. Haven't seen enough of him to even come up with an opinion. I hope he does well because he's our player. Does he have a history of playing in centre defence?

Sorta.

I've said before that veratti should be his model. Tough, aggressive tackles, tight control and dribbling under pressure with expansive passing all with a small, low centre of gravity frame.

No idea what he's got in the tank but at his best he starts to look a little like that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 23, 2017, 05:55:16 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That showing at CB was as typical Besic as you could get. storming around doing whatever he pleases, looking to be involved as much as possible, even to the detriment of the team.

topped it off with a first minute two footer to revive a pointless yellow.

NB: there's part of me that does sort of like him, but I think he's still learning the game at 23/4 which isn't a great sign.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 05:56:30 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 20, 2017, 10:48:44 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Seems like a long time since we've seen a good performance from him.

I know it's tough because he doesn't get any minutes but 4 years into his time here and we're still not sure what sort of player he is or what kind of performance we're going to get from him.

August 22, 2017, 04:01:30 AM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Could have won us the game there. I'd have been queuing up to suck his cock had that come off, but it was a terrible, terrible decision.

August 22, 2017, 04:05:51 AM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
easy to say but IMO he should have played it the way he was facing and trusted DCL's pace to get him in.

August 25, 2017, 01:43:11 PM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'd go

Davies
Gueye Besic

On Sunday.

August 25, 2017, 04:05:19 PM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
cant help but root for the crazy fucker.

March 03, 2018, 08:23:11 AM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Looked a level above everton in the odd game like, just that sort of player i think.

May 13, 2018, 07:04:44 PM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is what it isnít isnít it really...Iíve said before he is the player Iíve seen who most resembles how I play myself, which is an extremely strong argument for getting rid ASAP.