November 21, 2018, 07:58:34 AM

Author Topic: What to do with Besic?  (Read 17772 times)

July 23, 2017, 09:22:18 PM
Read 17772 times

Toddacelli

what the fuck is going on here?

Haha! You sound like my mum when I was out of bed playing football in my room!

Anyway - Besic could be the next Gattuso so there!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 24, 2017, 12:40:53 PM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

Loaning him out now he's actually regained some fitness might not be a bad idea?  Can't see Koeman having all that much time for him, even if there are some likeable qualities about the lad.
Agree with this.
Midfield is looking pretty crowded and I think Besic needs a run of regular games. What with all the injuries, he's not shown enough recently to be in serious contention unless we run out of bodies due to the amount of games we have.
A good loan spell somewhere would be good for everyone I think.

July 24, 2017, 07:19:26 PM
Reply #2

Toddacelli

Not the best skills vid you will ever see, but at least those who say he has done nothing can have a look.

He has contributed. Spoiling what the other team does is not glamorous, but it is necessary.

And ask yourself - if he wasn't playing who would be? One of the kids?

I hope he gets a loan until Jan and is fucking awesome for someone and comes back fit and fiery!

July 24, 2017, 09:15:52 PM
Reply #3

Toddacelli

he looks so young in that video,

baby faced assassin,. taking the opposition out.

one for all the purists,, imagine if besic and mori where in the same team... :p

Gattuso and Pirlo were awesome for Milan. Could Besic and Sigurdsson play the same role?

August 20, 2017, 03:37:19 PM
Reply #4

Toddacelli

I like that he always wants the ball, always works hard, always gets stuck in, has bags of pace, reads the game defensively very well and has no fear but most of all I really like how he always tries to go forward when he wins possession - either with a forward pass or with the ball at his feet.

Having said all that, his tackles aren't always well-timed, he can lose it and lash out, he can be undone by trying over-complicated shit in front of our goal and for such a passionate competitor he is far too easily knocked off the ball.

I like him. If he stays injury free, gets some minutes on the pitch and works on the weaker aspects of his game then he'll be more than a decent squad player this season as we compete in the league, league cup, UEFA and FA cups.

August 25, 2017, 06:13:21 PM
Reply #5

Toddacelli

16 months out!

There is a LOT more to come from this lad if he steers clear of injuries and can listen to Koeman.

Y'all have no idea. This first game back was not the time to judge him. See what he's done for us by the end of the season.

August 26, 2017, 02:21:56 AM
Reply #6

Toddacelli

You sod, Todd!

I thought you were announcing that he'd just got injured again!  :wag:

Sorry Sam - didn't mean it!

#SorryNotSorry

March 05, 2018, 03:17:48 PM
Reply #7

Toddacelli

Beats The French surrender monkey all day long for me.

March 05, 2018, 03:28:08 PM
Reply #8

Toddacelli

Beats The French surrender monkey all day long for me.

I've always liked Besic and I've always felt that there is a role out there that he could excel at. I could see him going to Swansea or Southampton or Watford or someone with a  progressive, young manager playing a different system and suddenly looking a million dollars and going to Man Utd or Man City a season later and being awesome.

He seems to be a bit of an Alan Harper for us - comes in to replace a person and play in their role in the team without ever being used as Mo Besic.

But then again.. he might just be a bit flattering sometimes.

In my flights of fancy though I've always seen him as one of those players who could turn their attack into our attack and move the ball from our box to theirs in a few seconds. 

March 05, 2018, 10:17:52 PM
Reply #9

Toddacelli

Besic is crap. He's found his level nothing more.

Completely disagree 100%.

But I do think there's every chance that he is one of those 'nearly' players who will never do anything or achieve anything like his potential due to other factors - injuries, fall-outs, shootings etc

March 06, 2018, 01:49:05 PM
Reply #10

Toddacelli

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/muhamed-besic-everton-middlesbrough-loan-14368301

Interesting piece. Hope they're all still raving about him by the end of the season.

Tackles won and passing accuracy stats for the last few seasons are impressive too, but amount of chances created show he's playing further back.

Quote from Jonathan Taylor, Middlesboro writer for The Gazette in the article:

"He seems to have raised the game of those around him too. Besic seems to be the aggressor, the organiser, the conductor in Boro's midfield. That's some compliment for a player who's only played four games in this team. Besic looks like a Pulis player. He doesn't try to do anything overly-elaborate with the ball at his feet, but what he does do is recycle possession quickly and with minimal fuss."

Hope he's a level above for the Championship and can give us something when he returns.