October 16, 2018, 06:07:06 PM

Author Topic: What to do with Besic?  (Read 16432 times)

August 19, 2017, 09:43:31 PM
Reply #75

Bob Sacamano

Got a ribbing from Preno in the Echo today.

August 19, 2017, 10:13:27 PM
Reply #76

Thornton_19

We should keep him for numbers this year. Try keep him fit and then move him on at the end of the season.

August 19, 2017, 10:36:09 PM
Reply #77

MmmblueBernard

Got a ribbing from Preno in the Echo today.

What was said?
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 19, 2017, 10:37:57 PM
Reply #78

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
What was said?
He needs to fuck off thinking he's a hard man and that's what the fans want off him
Simply simply lovely

August 19, 2017, 11:03:38 PM
Reply #79

Lxxx

He does need to grow up though. Proper hard men don't go running around mistiming tackles and tapping the badge. Play some regular football first and then you might gain some respect.

August 19, 2017, 11:09:03 PM
Reply #80

Gash

Global Moderator
He needs to fuck off thinking he's a hard man and that's what the fans want off him

Does he think he's a hardman though? I've always thought it was the fans that have built him up as that just because he's got a few tattoos and scowles a bit. Much like we made Heitinga out to be a hardman through no fault of his own, then slagged him off when he wasn't one.

August 19, 2017, 11:15:26 PM
Reply #81

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Does he think he's a hardman though? I've always thought it was the fans that have built him up as that just because he's got a few tattoos and scowles a bit. Much like we made Heitinga out to be a hardman through no fault of his own, then slagged him off when he wasn't one.
Yeah and thats what the article was saying, he plays up to it and he doesn't need to
Simply simply lovely

August 19, 2017, 11:27:57 PM
Reply #82

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

It's the constant need to put in a bad challenge.

There's a good chance he'd have got sent off away from home in Europe for that challenge on Thursday.

Then see the friendlies where he did the same.

Also, he did some mad runs into the channels when he'd clearly been brought on to help sure up the middle of the pitch.

It's a pity he missed last season as two years of Martinez coaching won't have helped his discipline.

He's actually got the passing ability to be the player who could stand in for Schneiderlin.

But his discipline both in tackling and positioning is awful.

You'd have to put a 10yard long rope around him and tie him to the CBs.

August 19, 2017, 11:52:02 PM
Reply #83

hill135

He's terrible. Get rid

August 19, 2017, 11:55:03 PM
Reply #84

Bluedylan

Sell him. Some fans have got a weird emotional attachment to him, but nothing he's done has indicated that he's going to be anywhere near good enough for a team trying to push into the Top 6 of the Prem.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 20, 2017, 01:19:12 AM
Reply #85

toffee_scot

Keep him for now and see how he does on the occasions that he plays.

If he proves largely ineffective, then look to move him on in January or next summer.

August 20, 2017, 01:26:55 AM
Reply #86

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We sell either him or Mc Carthy both injury records are similar I think but Mc Carthy has proved more on the pitch.

August 20, 2017, 01:29:28 AM
Reply #87

Lxxx

Sell him. Some fans have got a weird emotional attachment to him, but nothing he's done has indicated that he's going to be anywhere near good enough for a team trying to push into the Top 6 of the Prem.

I agree with everything you say but I just don't think anyone would buy him, largely based on those reasons. He's barely played a game in three years and before that he's hardly done anything in his career to even justify his 4m price tag. Before we sold Barry I would have advocated sending him out on loan for a year to put himself in the shop window, or to see if there is even a half decent player in there. Now we may as well keep him, for no other reason than he's an extra body just in case we're desperate in any of the cup competitions.

August 20, 2017, 01:35:51 AM
Reply #88

BlueBeagle

Now we may as well keep him, for no other reason than he's an extra body just in case we're desperate in any of the cup competitions.

Genuinely rather give any game time that he may get to a youth player.

He's going to amount to absolutely nothing for us, no point wasting any minutes on him.

A kid would undoubtedly be more disciplined, responsible and positionally aware too I'd bet.

August 20, 2017, 03:39:15 AM
Reply #89

MmmblueBernard

Loaning him out now he's actually regained some fitness might not be a bad idea?  Can't see Koeman having all that much time for him, even if there are some likeable qualities about the lad.

If Koeman doesn't fancy someone he's not one to hide the fact. He obviously seen enough in Besic to keep him around. And play him.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama