December 16, 2018, 02:15:34 AM

Author Topic: What to do with Besic?  (Read 18323 times)

July 22, 2017, 05:26:25 AM
Read 18323 times

MmmblueBernard

His stature sort of rules him out as a fully effective PL centreback so as mentioned hes kinda last resort there. That said I think he'll be adequate back up for gana give their similar levels tenacity and energy. Ive got a real soft spot for the fella and given his injury woes i think hes behaved impeccably and been thankful when given the opportunity.

I think theres quite a bit more to offer from this lad as long as he stays fit.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 22, 2017, 05:34:15 AM
Reply #1

MmmblueBernard

July 22, 2017, 05:42:23 AM
Reply #2

MmmblueBernard

Probably get a bad paper cut that'd keep him out for 6 months.

Probably better than sepsis from dodgy tattoos....

August 19, 2017, 10:36:09 PM
Reply #3

MmmblueBernard

Got a ribbing from Preno in the Echo today.

What was said?

August 20, 2017, 03:39:15 AM
Reply #4

MmmblueBernard

Loaning him out now he's actually regained some fitness might not be a bad idea?  Can't see Koeman having all that much time for him, even if there are some likeable qualities about the lad.

If Koeman doesn't fancy someone he's not one to hide the fact. He obviously seen enough in Besic to keep him around. And play him.

August 25, 2017, 05:40:04 AM
Reply #5

MmmblueBernard

I enjoyed his performance. Can remember the last time he played 90 mins.

Will play more in Europe than in the prem IMO.

Still think he's ace though.

August 25, 2017, 03:38:21 PM
Reply #6

MmmblueBernard

He has a great engine and energy level. Koeman clearly likes this trait.

He showed good vision a couple of times to pick out a runner with a ball over the top. Not exactly earth shattering in terms of creativity but something only Barry or Gibson have offered from a deeper position in recent years.

August 25, 2017, 04:45:50 PM
Reply #7

MmmblueBernard

Ronald Koeman praised Muhamed Besic for grasping his opportunity with both hands on his first Everton start for 16 months.

The Bosnian midfielder, who was last named in the Blues’ starting line-up in the 2-0 win over Bournemouth at Goodison Park in April 2016, missed the entire 2016/17 season after sustaining a cruciate ligament injury.

He returned to anchor the midfield alongside Morgan Schneiderlin on Thursday evening, as the Toffees recorded a 1-1 draw at Hajduk Split’s Stadion Poljud to progress to the group stage of the UEFA Europa League with a 3-1 aggregate victory.

And manager Koeman was impressed with Besic’s efforts, after being forced to wait patiently for his chance to impress in the first team.

“I am really pleased,” said Koeman. “He is working hard after coming back from a big injury. I think he’s now really at that level that we need and what he needs to get a chance in the team. That’s really positive.

“I like the boy, he is working hard and, of course, he was patient to wait for his chance. He took his chance tonight. He played well and was an important player in midfield for us.

"Okay, sometimes he needs to control himself a little bit better with his tackles, but he is still young and I am pleased he is back on the level that he needs and we need as a team.”

August 25, 2017, 05:57:46 PM
Reply #8

MmmblueBernard

His celebration with Jordan Pickford after the penalty save is fucking glorious
https://twitter.com/DavefcKelly/status/900971398071537664

Adrenaline much?

August 27, 2017, 07:49:15 AM
Reply #9

MmmblueBernard

Kinda puts Mo and his crazyness in perspective.

Can't be easy having a Bosnian gangster chav dad.

March 03, 2018, 02:14:52 PM
Reply #10

MmmblueBernard

I miss mo.

He played with a burning desire that burned a little too brightly at times.

Hopefully regular football allows  him to develop his potential and iron out the mistakes.