October 24, 2017, 10:57:58 AM

Author Topic: Realistic expectations for the new season  (Read 4002 times)

July 24, 2017, 03:10:28 PM
Reply #45

Macca77

6th or above, anything below is a bad season

Cups
League cup - winners
FA Cup - quarter finals
Euro League - Knock out stages

deCoubertin

July 24, 2017, 03:19:08 PM
Reply #46

dangermouse

Id expect a good challenge for the top four places expecting that ultimately we may end up 5th, 6th or 7th
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

July 24, 2017, 03:25:31 PM
Reply #47

GrantyBoy78

TBH I'd take 17th in the league if we could, for the love of god, just fucking win something!

July 24, 2017, 03:35:43 PM
Reply #48

WeimaranerBlues

Think I predicted us to finish around 11th last season, being Ron's first in charge and after the calamity of the previous season, so to finish 7th was a bonus and we where not far off Utd, How ever this season is an even more of a transitional one,   with more players leaving and coming in ,you could say the same for most , but 7th- 6th is what we should be aiming for , points wise similar Home form, coupled with say 4 more away wins .

Happy if we get more points than last season and see where it places us,
qtrs. of all the Cups

July 24, 2017, 03:36:54 PM
Reply #49

chang

I'll settle for competitive and entertaining in every game.

July 24, 2017, 03:52:16 PM
Reply #50

Lxxx

I'll settle for competitive and entertaining in every game.

We had that under Martinez. It resulted in us not winning many football matches. It's a results business and always has been.

July 24, 2017, 04:41:12 PM
Reply #51

MIG

I think we can push for top 6 but if we can only achieve 7th then I want it to be very close to 6th and miles in front of 8th, making us part of a top 7.

We are all desperate for a trophy so lets push as hard as we can to win the Europa or FA Cup. 

Let the U23 champs play the League cup.

July 26, 2017, 01:56:52 PM
Reply #52

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Who do you expect to finish above?

I am not sure. Not everyone has a good season every year for whatever reason. We just need to take Ada vantage of whoever isn't having s good season. If its a real top 7, anything is possible.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 26, 2017, 02:06:26 PM
Reply #53

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Only teams not looking notably stronger to me are Tottenham and the shite and I think we're light years away from both and both of their managers you have to say are rated.

We'll need some calamitous stuff from the big boys to get higher than 7th.

Koeman has to do better in the cups this year. Has to.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 26, 2017, 02:33:03 PM
Reply #54

Macca77

West Ham chairman (dunno which one) says their target is to win 3 trophies

July 26, 2017, 02:38:13 PM
Reply #55

BlueForYou

Never mind individual player statistics - it's about how the new signings gel as a team:

Well oiled machine or square pegs in round holes?

Exciting for us and interesting for our opponents to go figure

Bring on those first five fixtures!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

July 26, 2017, 02:38:42 PM
Reply #56

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Some of you guys are fucking mental.

Let me spell this out to you:
We are never, ever, ever going to win the league cup.

Put it out of your minds.

July 26, 2017, 02:40:50 PM
Reply #57

BlueForYou

Right on one count:

1) I am mental

2) But we will win the League Cup
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 02:41:57 PM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

July 26, 2017, 02:50:50 PM
Reply #58

Cozzie

July 26, 2017, 02:51:57 PM
Reply #59

Waltzer

West Ham chairman (dunno which one) says their target is to win 3 trophies

Despite the fact that they're West Ham owners and complete tools I think thats the right approach. We should be saying our target is to win 4 otherwise whats the point of competing? I find it frustrating when managers/owners set their goals of top 4 etc as that isnt really success, success is winning it, it might not be realistic but if you set your sites lower than that then your admitting defeat before you start. NSNO.