October 24, 2017, 05:43:55 AM

Author Topic: Is the squad better than last season?  (Read 7141 times)

July 28, 2017, 02:10:07 AM
Reply #45

Running Blue

I agree but think Sigurdsson is better than Barkley, Giroud is a terrible replacement for one of the best strikers in the Prem

Your posts should coming with a warning label.  "May cause depression, nausea, headaches, or vomiting." 

deCoubertin

July 28, 2017, 02:11:14 AM
Reply #46

MrWhite

cant believe the negativity.

I can, despite feeling positive myself. Everyone here has seen too many false dawns, and while this one does seem fairly different, for many they now need to see the proof from Koeman and the boys. They'll come round soon enough.

Or, start giving us a lot more grief for being overly optimistic when it all goes wrong! :titanic:

July 28, 2017, 03:59:16 AM
Reply #47

Lxxx

We've lost a focal point in the team who happened to score lots of goals. As much as his first touch was poor, his movement sometimes non-existent and his attitude stunk he was a goalscoring presence up top. We'll miss that and any team would miss that. I get spreading the goals around but every top team has a No 1 front man.

July 28, 2017, 04:11:14 AM
Reply #48

Macca77

Koeman - we're looking to bring in a good striker to make us stronger

July 28, 2017, 04:21:48 AM
Reply #49

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

It's a potentially season defining signing. I hope we get it right.

July 28, 2017, 04:35:25 AM
Reply #50

Lxxx

A striker is the priority over a 50m midfielder who occupies the same space on the pitch as about 2-3 other players already in the squad.

July 28, 2017, 04:37:21 AM
Reply #51

Lincs Toffee

It's a potentially season defining signing. I hope we get it right.
It's going to be Giroud isn't it ?
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

July 28, 2017, 04:47:01 AM
Reply #52

GrantyBoy78

That in the post match interview?

July 28, 2017, 05:00:45 AM
Reply #53

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It's going to be Giroud isn't it ?

I hoped for a bigger signing at the beginning of the window but once his name got in the mix you see the sense of it very quickly. I think it might still be a difficult one to pull off, at least much before the end of the transfer window. Depends on who Arsenal bring in if Sanchez goes (presuming he will, but again that might drag on which means Giroud transfer will drag on too).

July 28, 2017, 05:38:53 AM
Reply #54

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
End of the day we're still going to see plenty of Barry, mirallas, DCL and Stek so it can't be the light years ahead some think.

🤔
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 28, 2017, 05:40:19 AM
Reply #55

Juanito

We've lost a focal point in the team who happened to score lots of goals. As much as his first touch was poor, his movement sometimes non-existent and his attitude stunk he was a goalscoring presence up top. We'll miss that and any team would miss that. I get spreading the goals around but every top team has a No 1 front man.

Liverpool's goals are pretty well spread out?

July 28, 2017, 06:03:06 AM
Reply #56

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 28, 2017, 09:19:26 AM
Reply #57

eyesalwaysblue

Hopefully the day won't be too far away when he starts concentrating on getting the best out
of what we've already got and he's bought, there's plenty of talent in the squad to make a decent
team,time to sort your best team Ronnie lad.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

July 28, 2017, 11:39:32 AM
Reply #58

blue1948

Goals last season:

Lukaku 25
Mirallas 4
Barkley 5

Total: 34

Their current starting XI replacements goals last season:

Rooney 5
Sandro 14
Klaasen 14

Total: 33

And that's with Sigurdsson and another striker to come.
That is why statistics are bollox .Although I agree with the train of thought that we are indeed a better squad .To show goals from two lesser leagues and compare them to Lukaku's is naive to say the least .

July 29, 2017, 05:20:23 AM
Reply #59

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think the squad is definitely stronger, but the first 11 isn't.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.