March 23, 2019, 12:15:05 PM

Author Topic: Europa League play-off draw  (Read 11152 times)

August 04, 2017, 04:16:15 AM
Read 11152 times

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Just want somewhere easy and cheap to get to not a six seven hour flight to Siberia.

August 04, 2017, 03:41:10 PM
Reply #1

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Panathinaikos would be tricky, all fairly hefty travel times too

Travel times could have been worse I suppose, at least we have avoided Ukrain,Lithuania,Russia, this comes on the Thursday between Man City and Chelsea , would prefer home draw first.

August 05, 2017, 04:08:28 AM
Reply #2

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
There's a video of some guy with a crowbar coming onto the pitch to go after the referee earlier this year.

They played the first leg of the Europa league behind closed doors due to Euefa ban for racist chants, hope we don't get any of that shit.

August 05, 2017, 05:13:58 PM
Reply #3

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Is gonna be hot as hell and humid, a real cauldron of fanatic ultras, we better be going there with a three goal lead and hope to gel they don't have an away goal first.

August 05, 2017, 08:46:55 PM
Reply #4

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
It's Croatia, mate. We're not playing ISIS or a team of Mongol warriors.

Yeah, your right, it will be a nice warm and friendly atmosphere, this sort of thing is just normal isn't it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4317174/Hajduk-fined-10-000-hooligan-iron-bar-incident.html

August 05, 2017, 08:55:27 PM
Reply #5

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Not giving the Mail a hit on their website, but I'm sure it says something suitably terrible about these savages  lolol

Yes it did actually , nice attempt at swerving the truth but what's your reason for not reading it on this link, I could post a dozen or more articles about the violent clashes at this ground, I only wish I could get you over there to experience it personally, oh.but I forgot, you don't go to games do you.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/hadjuk-splits-derby-with-rijeka-interrupted-by-iron-bar-wielding-/3gptqm5ddbit1tqvurjz7rzpq

August 05, 2017, 09:01:20 PM
Reply #6

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Went to every away game bar Krasnador in the last campaign but reckon I will give this one a swerve despite BD's assurances  lolol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h8stfbaA4xQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DyNVTrII0xo
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 09:11:17 PM by Escla »

August 05, 2017, 09:13:45 PM
Reply #7

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
What are you on about?

Have Rooney, Klaassen, Barry, Schniderlin, Mirallas, Baines and Jagielka not played in Europe before?

Let's not forget Ashley Williams international experience.

I think he meant "in countries like this with Ultras". I don't know about Rooney or Schneiderlin but I have followed us a lot in Europe but have never encountered anything like this.

August 05, 2017, 09:16:19 PM
Reply #8

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Erm hello... Crystal Palace! lolol

Been there the last two seasons no problems whatsoever ?

August 05, 2017, 11:03:35 PM
Reply #9

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Not that I have to justify myself to an utter cretin like you, but I don't live in Liverpool or the North West anymore and work nights and weekends so no, I don't get to many games.

You one of those badge-wearing 'you have to go the game to have an opinion' morons? That figures.

I live in London btw and it's not my fault you're a night watchman, I'm no badge wearer and fully appreciate that people that do not/can not attend matches can support and have valid opinions, it's only when they express them in such a condescending , patronising and arrogant way as you tend to do that
I treat them in such a manner as I do you, but you've been told by others about your patronising nature before so I'll give up on you.

August 05, 2017, 11:10:13 PM
Reply #10

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I mean no one wants to run in with their ultras; as MC says, these are proper hard line nutters (without being too stereotypical probably with actual war experiences).

But in terms of them influencing the match they've not managed to do that, if they've even tried, to anyone in about 7 years by the looks of things.

I just think that referees that get chased by masked men wielding a crow bar rarely tend to give a decision in favour of the away team, that's a recent development, I think that's what Blue Mint meant when he said we needed a strong ref.

August 05, 2017, 11:12:32 PM
Reply #11

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
In that case bring it on !

August 06, 2017, 01:24:59 AM
Reply #12

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I see you've encountered my friend Escla. 😂

Ach, we've known each other ages AE, you will get on well with him, bless.

August 06, 2017, 04:07:56 AM
Reply #13

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Awesome to have a visiting fan here to discuss, welcome!  Can you give us a preview of your squad's strengths and weaknesses, as the match gets closer?  Look forward to a lively playoff round!

Very glad to hear no racism, we don't have any Serbs but our "hard man" is a Bosnian Muslim.  Who is also something of a maniac/cult hero.  Will that get the blood boiling? :D

Wait..isn't Con a Serb ?

August 06, 2017, 03:44:28 PM
Reply #14

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
So who's going then? I'm looking at flights :)

Might have chanced it but cheapest I could find was around the 350 mark but despite counter theories I just dont fancy getting caught up in any of that Ultra shite especially if we dump them out on the night.
Lille, Berne, Wolfsburg all great fun but that Nazi faction of their fans just take the fun out of the whole trip.