November 20, 2017, 06:01:13 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Sevilla, Sunday August 6th  (Read 7004 times)

August 07, 2017, 02:33:01 AM
Reply #405

WeimaranerBlues

So thats pre-season.  Its great that we've got options, but bad that we've not got a nailed down first XI at the same time.

The only one's i'd be happy saying should definitely start are:
So thats pre-season.  Its great that we've got options, but bad that we've not got a nailed down first XI at the same time.

The only one's i'd be happy saying should definitely start are:
Pickford
-------   Keane   ------   Baines
Schneiderlin
-------             -------
Sandro   ------   ------

The rest, its swings and roundabouts as you gain from players and lose from players.

Glad its not my job.

The rest, its swings and roundabouts as you gain from players and lose from players.

Glad its not my job.

if the Stoke Game was tomorrow guess this would be Ron's Team

Pickford
Holgate   Keane   Williams   Baines
             Schneiderlin
     Davies             Rooney
                Klassen
      Sandro            DCL

If we get Giroud & Siggy then Dom and Davies will sit it out, but don't ask the formation
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 03:24:17 AM by WeimaranerBlues »

August 07, 2017, 03:34:57 AM
Reply #406

trueevertonianpaul

After watching the mighty toffee today it was obvious that we need a target man in before the stoke game. Siggy will be great but not desperate.
To me, we had nobody who could hold the ball up well. DCL is not a target man.

August 07, 2017, 03:42:59 AM
Reply #407

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
After watching the mighty toffee today it was obvious that we need a target man in before the stoke game. Siggy will be great but not desperate.
To me, we had nobody who could hold the ball up well. DCL is not a target man.

I think DCL will make a good target man. Just not yet.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 07, 2017, 04:00:14 AM
Reply #408

sixymack

Will Rooney and klassen be able to function in the same team.  Both appear to be very similar players, from what I observed today.

August 07, 2017, 04:31:05 AM
Reply #409

blueski

Love that retro kit  might just have to order it
Nil Satis

August 07, 2017, 05:59:51 AM
Reply #410

Toddacelli

I think DCL will make a good target man. Just not yet.
Held it up well and brought others in. Also competes well in the air and did a couple of really nice flick ons for runners.

Once he beefs up a bit and gets more experience I think he'll be quite a decent target man. Don't think he'll be prolific though.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 07, 2017, 07:41:49 AM
Reply #411

oztoffee

Just as a matter of interest, Southampton beat Sevilla 2-0 the day before. Interesting too that many Prem teams had a decent result against foreign opposition: Leicester beat Borussia MG 2-1, Bournemouth 2-2 against Napoli, Spurs beat Juventus 2-0, Brighton went down 3-2 to Atletico and Huddersfield 2-2 against Torino.
I only mention these to get a bit of perspective as to how we might fare against Prem opposition. Take what you will from this.
What would you do if you came home and found Alex Young in bed with your wife?
Cover him up so he won't get cold!

August 07, 2017, 08:23:32 AM
Reply #412

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Just as a matter of interest, Southampton beat Sevilla 2-0 the day before. Interesting too that many Prem teams had a decent result against foreign opposition: Leicester beat Borussia MG 2-1, Bournemouth 2-2 against Napoli, Spurs beat Juventus 2-0, Brighton went down 3-2 to Atletico and Huddersfield 2-2 against Torino.
I only mention these to get a bit of perspective as to how we might fare against Prem opposition. Take what you will from this.
And if the ref wasn't a cockwomble we would have won 3-1. Preseason games, different start dates for opponents, random teams with excessive substitutions, and a complete lack of playing for anything along with players wanting to avoid injury on the eve of a new season. In other words, any comparisons drawn would be entirely imaginary.

I'm wondering if the ref heard about the Echo saying 'does it matter?' About who he was, and decided to take revenge. Tom Davies a diver? More chance we'll sign Messi and Ronaldo this week I reckon.

Best sign so far for me was winning the two competitive games, clean sheets in both, despite looking pretty poor overall. The ability to do that is one top teams have.. long way to go, but it's usually a good idea to start as you mean to go on.

August 07, 2017, 08:27:34 AM
Reply #413

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Will Rooney and klassen be able to function in the same team.  Both appear to be very similar players, from what I observed today.
Absolutely yes. They don't share a rechargeable battery as far as I know..

August 08, 2017, 06:53:36 AM
Reply #414

Normm

Great play from Davies to put Ramirez through and great finish! Then Everton were gradually pulled apart. The Blues lacked balance and teamwork. The crowd became worryingly silent and it was obvious that Sevilla were far the better team ...until Besic, Kenny and Lookman came on. Suddenly, there was quick positive flowing movement and most players began to look much improved. The crowd caught the excitement and Sevilla were being torn apart. Why? It was because of these three players.

Besic and Kenny injected drive and much needed dynamic positive play into the side. Options began to appear in attack and Lookman's speed and creativity worried Sevilla's defence. Besic and Kenny were proactive and confident. Lookman was sharp and brilliant.
Davies works well with them and so does Calvert-Lewin (Koeman is right to persist with him, but he needs a mid-field clicking and Lookman in support.)

Based on the above performance: Team selection for Stoke: Ramirez, Calvert-Lewin, Lookman, Davies, Klassen, Rooney, Besic, Schneiderlin, Keane, Kenny & Pickford - Subs.  Baines, Mirallas, Holgate, Williams, Barry, Jags. ...