July 21, 2018, 03:37:55 AM

Author Topic: Is Koeman the right man for the job?  (Read 17971 times)

September 10, 2017, 04:00:26 AM
Reply #330

D_murph0278

He done a Harry Redknapp with Valencia.
Won a cup and nearly relegated and bankrupt them all at the same time.
One thing that is consistent. Players fucking hate him....
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

September 10, 2017, 04:00:56 AM
Reply #331

everton1952

Who is this fucker Realist? Is it Defeatist under another name. Why bother taking the bait?

September 10, 2017, 04:02:06 AM
Reply #332

Marky Mark and the funky

Not talking to each other suits me fine.

Alright man, no beef intended so the last thing I have to say.

I have set my user profile so I won't even be able to read what you say from now on, have fun :cheers:

September 10, 2017, 04:16:14 AM
Reply #334

KoemansNumberTens

Well we'd finished 11th two years on the bounce before he came.

so I think when he leaves it'll be higher than when he came.

Is that the test? Better than what Martinez was doing on double the wages and multiple times the budget

September 10, 2017, 04:19:01 AM
Reply #335

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Is that the test? Better than what Martinez was doing on double the wages and multiple times the budget

No it was the response to the point of dreading to think where we're going to end up.

September 10, 2017, 04:20:36 AM
Reply #336

Realist

Who is this fucker Realist? Is it Defeatist under another name. Why bother taking the bait?

It's not bait it's truth

September 10, 2017, 04:27:57 AM
Reply #337

Martip

Martinez was truly awful in that last season but I really can't see koeman has made us much better/ added much value.

September 10, 2017, 04:36:51 AM
Reply #338

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'll reserve judgement til the new year. It's not looking great at the moment but this is a new team and it will take time.

I also remember when we beat koemans saints at st Mary's 3-0 and after they went on a good run and I think that's the season they got Europe.

We've played the three best sides in the country we have another next week but let's see how we go against the sides worse than us where we'll hopefully get confidence and begin to click.

We're not the only team to get hammered this season. The shite and arsenal have had their arses ripped already.

Doom and gloom if we fail to beat shite.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

September 10, 2017, 04:56:31 AM
Reply #339

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'll reserve judgement til the new year. It's not looking great at the moment but this is a new team and it will take time.

I also remember when we beat koemans saints at st Mary's 3-0 and after they went on a good run and I think that's the season they got Europe.

We've played the three best sides in the country we have another next week but let's see how we go against the sides worse than us where we'll hopefully get confidence and begin to click.

We're not the only team to get hammered this season. The shite and arsenal have had their arses ripped already.

Doom and gloom if we fail to beat shite.

No chance we're beating Liverpool on this form.

September 10, 2017, 05:03:06 AM
Reply #340

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think Koeman is pragmatic and will turn things around. My main concern remains with the transfer window and our acquisitions. I don't think we addressed the areas we needed to in order to have a truly successful season.

Rooney isn't the biggest problem, he had a couple of good games but I'm not sold that he warrants a place in the starting XI every game. There in general seems to be a lot of shoehorning of players into the side to try and get them to gel.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 05:10:36 AM by blueToffee »

September 10, 2017, 05:04:25 AM
Reply #341

BlueBeagle

I was underwhelmed by his initial appointment (without having a preferred option instead of him) but thought last year was an ok start based on the mess he'd inherited from the moron.

Prepared to give him a bit longer before deciding he's shit after a poor end to the transfer window and new players yet to bed in.

Long term I doubt he'll do much, if anything, of note during his time here although hopefully I'm wrong. Genuinely can't see him ever landing the Barcelona job that people seem to think he's going to get unless something drastically changes in his management style (or lack thereof).

September 10, 2017, 05:08:08 AM
Reply #342

Optimistic Blue

He ain't got a fucking clue
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

September 10, 2017, 05:17:09 AM
Reply #343

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
No chance we're beating Liverpool on this form.
Not the shite I meant general shite like Swansea or Brighton etc
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

September 10, 2017, 05:19:41 AM
Reply #344

sam of the south

Be odd calling him the Israeli Allardyce don't you think?

It's got a ring to it, though
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them