October 17, 2017, 09:55:39 PM

Author Topic: Is Koeman the right man for the job?  (Read 8888 times)

September 09, 2017, 11:11:50 PM
Reply #210

kramer0

It depends on what the job is.

Is it to safely keep Everton upper mid-table? Then yes, he's the man.

Is it to get us closer to, or even ahead of, the six clubs that are currently better than us? No, barring a sustained run of luck.

We're paying him all of that money, and spending tons on the types of players he wants, for the modern Premier League equivalent of Moyes results. It's a huge waste. We could get a lot more for the amount of money we're willing to spend.

Edit: In retrospect, it's a slightly disturbing that unattached Lucien Favre was on our shortlist but we chose to pay a ton for Koeman instead. We spent more for a manager with an inferior track record. The board needs to stop worrying about this "proven in England" nonsense. The majority of the top-end PL managers, and even players, that we've seen in recent years have come from outside of England. You get less for more when you shop in the Premier League.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:23:36 PM by kramer0 »

deCoubertin

September 09, 2017, 11:14:18 PM
Reply #211

KoemansNumberTens

It's not his fault we didn't get a replacement of any kind for Lukaku, it lies with the board. Said it before, they fucked up the single most important task of the summer.

I think it might be his fault. I think the Sigurdsson thing suggests he's not flexible. I think it dragged on and we paid over the odds because he was utterly insistent we signed him.

I think he's probably very difficult to work with from walshs position.

I don't actually know but certainly wouldn't be convinced the problems in the market have nothing to do with him

September 09, 2017, 11:14:41 PM
Reply #212

toffee_scot

I'm willing to give him time, I just hope sooner rather than later he can get the team to gel and play the way he wants them to play, whatever that may be.

However, no manager in the history of Everton Football Club has been blessed with such a transfer kitty as Koeman has been provided with. If we don't look like a top 7 side by December then I think he should be off and the club might have to look at how to divide the roles between manager and director of football especially as each manager we seem to bring in have completely different philosophies and require completely different styles of players. Ultimately, what is the club's philosophy regarding football and can we bring in managers who will suit that philosophy. We want to avoid a scenario of having to overhaul the squad each time.

September 09, 2017, 11:15:55 PM
Reply #213

kewns23

I wouldn't say he's shit, he's just not spectacular.

I do worry why he didn't buy any players with pace ??
I think that will be his downfall I also notice he never accepts any faults he tends to blame players more
Ever in need of a Printer speak too me or check out our ebay shop
Blakes-Emporium
<a href = "http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Blakes-Emporium?_trksid=p2047675.l2563">

September 09, 2017, 11:18:50 PM
Reply #214

KoemansNumberTens

I know people are dead against it but I want unsworth to be our next manager. Of course he'd be a risk but we simply can't get proven risk free and of the quality needed

Attacking, good man manager, vibrant young. I'd take the risk.

September 09, 2017, 11:21:28 PM
Reply #215

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I know people are dead against it but I want unsworth to be our next manager. Of course he'd be a risk but we simply can't get proven risk free and of the quality needed

I'd throw the towel in I think
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 09, 2017, 11:22:57 PM
Reply #216

kewns23

Me too if it all goes Pete tong with the Dutchman then I'd be all for giving him a temp.

However lets hope Ron can turn it round
It was/is a tough start too season. Give him a benifits of doubt
Ever in need of a Printer speak too me or check out our ebay shop
Blakes-Emporium
<a href = "http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Blakes-Emporium?_trksid=p2047675.l2563">

September 09, 2017, 11:23:19 PM
Reply #217

Elgoodo1978

Is it me or do I remember Southampton being kind of exciting before he took over, even before Pochettino.  Since then they have become the poster boys for bland middle of the road football but safe.  I hope he dosn't leave us with that legacy if that is all he turns out to be!   

September 09, 2017, 11:24:13 PM
Reply #218

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Tuchel still available?

September 09, 2017, 11:32:12 PM
Reply #219

Bluedylan

The doubts continue to mount up.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 09, 2017, 11:32:52 PM
Reply #220

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
The worst thing he's done for me is broken what was working for us last season. We brought in Davies and we found a good balance in midfield energy wise. With the players we've brought in we now look really ponderous. Klassen, Rooney, Sigurdsson together? I don't get the thinking there.

September 09, 2017, 11:32:54 PM
Reply #221

Tinga

I'm getting that Martinez vibe from him. Just hope it doesn't take as long as it took to get of Roberto as it does for Koeman.

September 09, 2017, 11:34:21 PM
Reply #222

kramer0

Tuchel still available?

Yes, he's unattached.

I imagine he'll be an unpopular name given how young he is and how Dortmund only finished 3rd in his last season there but I still think he's great. If we could have hired him at any time in the past five years - when Moyes left or when Martinez left - he would have been my #1 choice. He had two very good seasons, playing two different styles, with a seriously under-resourced Mainz, and had Dortmund humming before the team was picked apart (disagreements about the players who replaced those outgoing transfers are supposedly a big part of why he left after just two seasons).

He'd be worth the risk, in my opinion. Whether he'd actually come here is another question entirely.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:40:14 PM by kramer0 »

September 09, 2017, 11:36:40 PM
Reply #223

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

As much as I love Rhino that would be a disaster. He needs to get some proper managerial experience before he is anywhere near a job like Everton.

[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 09, 2017, 11:41:06 PM
Reply #224

charlatan

I honestly think he must have been let down by the board at the end of the window as @fubarruk says.  He stressed how many times about the striker and centre half.

If his plan all summer was to sign 4 number 10's with nobody to play in front, he must be a raving madman.

Would it be cynical of me to suggest that we were waiting for the sales of Barkley, Niasse and McCarthy to fund these?