October 20, 2017, 04:01:19 PM

Author Topic: Is Koeman the right man for the job?  (Read 9041 times)

September 10, 2017, 12:39:58 AM
Reply #240

Bob Sacamano

You know we're fucked when you're left debating the relative merits of trying to sideways pass our way up to Lukaku, vs playing direct balls in to Lukaku, when the key point is we no longer have anything close to a Lukaku :(

Let's not forget that we're now using Martinez as a measure of success.

deCoubertin

September 10, 2017, 12:41:27 AM
Reply #241

Simon Paul

Administrator
what were the tactics today?

does anyone know?

September 10, 2017, 12:43:46 AM
Reply #242

Mayor Farnum

I'll have you a bet we finish top half. Any amount of money you like (within reason)
I'll have you a bet we finish top hal
I'll have you a bet we finish top half. Any amount of money you like (within reason)
f. Any amount of money you like (within reason)

To be fair you only have to win once every three weeks to fin

September 10, 2017, 12:44:46 AM
Reply #243

sam of the south

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 10, 2017, 12:50:02 AM
Reply #244

kewns23

Play loads of players in middle of park lol

It's been poor however koeman does have a track record he was like this at Southampton, he still got them top 7/8

He wasn't my choice because I just don't se anything spectacular in him but we have to give him and the squad time.
Asses in Jan and then end of season
Ever in need of a Printer speak too me or check out our ebay shop
Blakes-Emporium
<a href = "http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Blakes-Emporium?_trksid=p2047675.l2563">

September 10, 2017, 12:57:50 AM
Reply #245

eyesalwaysblue

what were the tactics today?

does anyone know?
Ask bullshit Ronnie., but he'd only say ask the players.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 10, 2017, 01:03:05 AM
Reply #246

Cozzie

Still think he should be given this season at least.

Its just utterly baffling how much we have spent to look as bad as we do though.

September 10, 2017, 01:07:21 AM
Reply #247

Simon Paul

Administrator
Still think he should be given this season at least.

Its just utterly baffling how much we have spent to look as bad as we do though.

don't think there's many calling for him to be sacked, to be fair

we are so difficult to watch at times though

September 10, 2017, 01:07:43 AM
Reply #248

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He was 100% let down by the board, he couldn't have stressed enough what he wanted and they failed to deliver.

That said he's not reacting well and similar to the start of last year I'm kind of bored watching the shite football we're serving up and confused over what we're trying to do exactly.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 10, 2017, 01:11:58 AM
Reply #249

bacon sarnie

Moyes Martinez Koeman out!

:Horse:

September 10, 2017, 01:14:40 AM
Reply #250

Realist

Moyes Martinez Koeman out!

:Horse:

Moyes was the best manager we've had for many years

September 10, 2017, 01:15:06 AM
Reply #251

KoemansNumberTens

I'll bet you any amount you want that we finish below where we finished last year

500 quid top 8?

September 10, 2017, 01:16:58 AM
Reply #252

KoemansNumberTens

He was 100% let down by the board, he couldn't have stressed enough what he wanted and they failed to deliver.

That said he's not reacting well and similar to the start of last year I'm kind of bored watching the shite football we're serving up and confused over what we're trying to do exactly.

I really don't think he's as flexible as you're implying. I don't imagine Walsh had free reign to pick a striker. I think he's very set in terms of who he wants when it comes to the bigger more proven signings. Maybe the striker he wanted came from a club who saw how much Swansea took the piss out of us

September 10, 2017, 01:20:18 AM
Reply #253

Realist

September 10, 2017, 01:20:29 AM
Reply #254

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The usual spattering of ridiculously over the top remarks given that we did well, without being spectacular, last year and this year were only just into the season with a load of new players who haven't even played much together so far.

Re patterns of play, it's not a surprise that things are disjointed when we've got a whole new attack.

I wasn't happy with the balance today in that we needed a physical presence but it's not so easy in reality to not play players who you've just signed.

It's not easy to settle players into these types of game and we played too many against a tough opponent.

Re a lack of ideas, tactically, id say it's the opposite.

He's trying different things each game, I presume in an attempt to squeeze out more than just the base parts, but at the moment it's not working due to a combination of opposition, new players and bad ideas.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 01:21:41 AM by GLewis »