August 21, 2018, 03:11:27 AM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 11988 times)

November 20, 2017, 12:08:47 AM
Reply #150

Bluedylan

Playing every week in the Championship and improving that decision making would do him the world of good.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 20, 2017, 12:13:57 AM
Reply #151

Coyb12

Playing every week in the Championship and improving that decision making would do him the world of good.
He has done that.

November 20, 2017, 12:16:26 AM
Reply #152

Bluedylan

He has done that.

Aye. I think he needs more of it now. Our young players are as good as those around Europe. The problem is the lack of consistent game time they get at this sort of age. No substitute for playing every week, learning to improve your decision making and dealing with big grocks trying to kick you all game.

November 20, 2017, 12:21:01 AM
Reply #153

Coyb12

:thumbsup:
Aye. I think he needs more of it now. Our young players are as good as those around Europe. The problem is the lack of consistent game time they get at this sort of age. No substitute for playing every week, learning to improve your decision making and dealing with big grocks trying to kick you all game.
That won't teach him what he has to do at prem level.

November 20, 2017, 12:23:14 AM
Reply #154

Bluedylan

:thumbsup:That won't teach him what he has to do at prem level.

Yeah I see your point but we can't afford to play him every week given our position and given that he's still very inconsistent, so how else do we get him 30-40 games a season?

November 20, 2017, 12:23:18 AM
Reply #155

Shogun

Administrator
:thumbsup:That won't teach him what he has to do at prem level.

Should just sell him to Tranmere for 50K then
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 20, 2017, 12:28:57 AM
Reply #156

Coyb12

Should just sell him to Tranmere for 50K then
Hope you haven't got your own business.

November 20, 2017, 12:33:41 AM
Reply #157

Coyb12

>:(
Yeah I see your point but we can't afford to play him every week given our position and given that he's still very inconsistent, so how else do we get him 30-40 games a season?
It's a catch 22position with lookman looks way out of his depth in the prem at times but does show little glimpses,so in an ideal world a loan to another prem side would of been the answer at the start of the season but who could envisaged the start we have had so I think back to the bench and give him 30mins when we can.

November 20, 2017, 12:36:09 AM
Reply #158

boothill

He's looked a lot more confident and zippy coming off the bench, i would leave it like that for the rest of the season unless covering for suspensions or injuries, he will still learn a lot from that

November 20, 2017, 12:36:30 AM
Reply #159

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Everytime he starts he's shows exactly why he doesn't get much game time.

Great talent though just has a lot to learn.

Ideal world is we send him on loan in January and have bolasie take his place in the squad.

Have a horrible feeling we're going to manage him badly, sell him prematurely and really regret it.

November 20, 2017, 12:46:50 AM
Reply #160

Lxxx

He has done that.

I thought he was playing in League One when we signed him. Is it any wonder he has struggled, it's a hell of a jump for a young lad who didn't come through an academy. He should have been loaned out this season to the championship as a matter of course, to get him playing very week at a higher level than he was used and help his progression to a higher level.

November 20, 2017, 01:50:29 AM
Reply #161

Danny

We should loan him to someone like Wolves, get him playing every week for a team that is really pushing for promotion.

November 20, 2017, 01:51:30 AM
Reply #162

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not good enough for me
Loan him out and see how he gets on
Simply simply lovely

November 20, 2017, 01:58:51 AM
Reply #163

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
get relegated ;)

November 20, 2017, 02:23:19 AM
Reply #164

mikey_blue

Was poor yesterday. From what we've seen so far, Vlasic is miles ahead of him.