November 19, 2017, 09:58:43 PM

Author Topic: Lookman  (Read 7394 times)

August 19, 2017, 01:14:23 AM
Reply #75

Paddockoldie

WITHOUT you twatting phone!!!!

deCoubertin

August 19, 2017, 02:52:03 AM
Reply #76

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Really like the look of him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 19, 2017, 02:56:59 AM
Reply #77

BlueBeagle

You can start him here and there in Europa, impact sub in the Prem.  Why loan him out?

Assuming we draw 2 easy teams and one decent in our group, that's only 4 starts (against the 2 easy teams). Anything after the group stage will probably require us to go full strength.

A full season of starts would be 10 times more beneficial than a few starts and getting chucked on now and again for 15 minutes.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 03:01:49 AM by BlueBeagle »

August 19, 2017, 03:12:00 AM
Reply #78

Realist

We need a squad this season, this would be a dumb move

August 19, 2017, 03:33:24 AM
Reply #79

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he got very tired in the second half - looked leggy and misplaced more passes the longer the game went on.

Some real raw talent there though - looking forward to seeing him develop.

Yeah he notably under hit a few (relatively simple) passes so definitely tiredness was a factor, but also definitely talent there.

August 19, 2017, 03:44:18 AM
Reply #80

MmmBlueRamirez

i like how he had the strength and determination to get past defenders if his skill was insufficient. He seems to have a strength greater than his age and frame suggests. He's a bit of a tuff nut.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 19, 2017, 03:54:59 AM
Reply #81

Evertonian in NC

I forgot about the Cups, it's like we already got fucking knocked out.  We have enough depth now that we can use players not getting regular Prem starts, but it will be exciting rather than seeming like we are giving up.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 19, 2017, 05:04:04 AM
Reply #82

ally2

He'd be a total nightmare to play against, even at this stage.

August 19, 2017, 05:46:50 AM
Reply #83

Buck76

I'd rather sell Mirralas than loan out lookman, we are desperate for pace in a Striker/Winger and people want to loan him out? Even if we get a few in they may take time to settle etc and if he ain't getting the game time can always lone him in Jan, same with Dowel as Forest can't believe there luck.

August 19, 2017, 06:15:50 AM
Reply #84

SANA_DR0

why would you want him loaned out, it pissed me off that Dowell was loaned out, i wanted  to see him develop with us!
he would have been awesome last night, i know i big up super mo, lol but Dowell is a much better player than Besic.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

August 19, 2017, 08:13:47 PM
Reply #85

toffee_scot

why would you want him loaned out, it pissed me off that Dowell was loaned out, i wanted  to see him develop with us!
he would have been awesome last night, i know i big up super mo, lol but Dowell is a much better player than Besic.

I guess the thinking behind this was Dowell would play more minutes of first team football on loan than he would have at Everton where he would have probably only featured playing in the odd game for the last 10 minutes or so and occasionally starting the game maybe in a League cup game against lower tier opposition. As long as he gains plenty of experience at Nottingham Forest then hopefully by next season he will be ready to feature more prominently for Everton.

I must admit, I'm wondering if perhaps Lookman should also go out on loan on a short term basis this season. The big concern of course would be that we lose the availability of one player in a position where we are short of quality and options, but remember that he's made a big jump from playing non-League football to League One football and then not so long afterwards to Premier League football and he's still only 19. He might also benefit from playing regularly for a Championship team. I trust that Koeman knows what option will be best for Lookman this season.

August 20, 2017, 12:21:34 AM
Reply #86

Lxxx

He'll probably go out on loan in January when Bolasie and Coleman return and we have a fully functioning right hand side again.

August 20, 2017, 12:48:41 AM
Reply #87

Bacarelle

He'll probably go out on loan in January when Bolasie and Coleman return and we have a fully functioning right hand side again.

I would be against this.

There is no substitute for pace and we are short of that commodity.

Even as an impact sub he would be worth having on the bench - imagine the dismay of opposition defences, twenty or thirty minutes from time if he was introduced. He has the potential to run them ragged and score or create chances for others.
The elephant is a pretty bird
It flits from bough to bough
It makes its nest in a rhubarb tree
And whistles like a cow

August 20, 2017, 04:14:42 AM
Reply #88

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
No we need to keep him with us. He'll get plenty of minutes.

But why does he always look so worried when he plays?
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 20, 2017, 04:24:41 AM
Reply #89

gizzblue

The more I see of him the more I want to see ....the lad has " it " but needs to know how to use it ....